It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have there been "super Soldier" projects?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
ok..so Halo is a video type game with it's own enviornment or settings...stage or arena.

I see why I was not familiar with it. I don't play video games. Thanks for bringing me up to date on this item.

Orangetom

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

Last but not least AI

halo.wikia.com...
halo.wikia.com...
halo.wikia.com...

It is technically unclear exactly how an A.I. works, as it is only based on the functionality of a human brain, which UNSC scientists do not fully understand. AIs do not have physical bodies, rather they are advanced software consisting of a Riemann Matrix for higher-function processing. This matrix can be downloaded into a Data Crystal Chip for mobility. In case of Rampancy, the Riemann Matrix has a fail-safe program that will destroy the A.I. Since A.I.s must be created by mapping out the connections of a human brain, it seems likely that the UNSC does not have an understanding of how to create A.I.s from scratch, and is limited to simply "copying" the intelligence of biological organisms. In the real world, this is an established possibility for creating artificial intelligence. They can only take physical form where holographic technology is available. This requires a Holotank of some kind. Because "Smart" A.I.s are created using either actual human brains or cloned human brains, there are residual thoughts, memories and/or feelings that remain. These residuals can be anywhere from the "feeling" of a hair brush being pulled through hair, in the case of Sif, or even have an effect on the mannerisms and characteristics that make up the personality of an A.I., in the case of Cortana and her likeness to Dr. Catherine Halsey.

The Riemann cycling-thought Matrix is a central component in the programming of UNSC Artificial intelligence constructs. It contains a code directory, where all the impulses in the AI's mind exist. It is effectively the AI's brain. The matrix is not a physical object by itself, rather it is a program allowing the AI to be stored in a Data crystal chip for mobility.

Some A.I.'s have personal fail-safes. Dr. Halsey stated that not all A.I. have such a fail safe, rather, only the "important" ones. In case of Rampancy or other danger to humans caused by the A.I., the fail safe can be activated. It works by generating a pulse beam of high frequency ultraviolet light in the Riemann matrix, destroying the higher thought functions of the A.I. This effectively erases the A.I. It is unknown how common this information is since Araquiel (James Ackerson's AI) failed to recognize the fail safe. This indicates that the information is kept secret from the A.I.s for obvious reasons.

A "Smart" AI is the colloquial term in the UNSC for AIs which have no limitations in their dynamic memory-processor matrix, meaning they can not only be taught a vast wealth of information, but can learn and comprehend from their surroundings. This is unlike "dumb" AIs who can only learn one topic.

Due to their uninhibited matrix design, "Smart" AIs proved capable of intellectual development. This was manifested in that they could both learn from and adapt to situations and events. Conversely, their opposites, the so-called "dumb" AIs, (which while experts in their programmed fields) could not.[2] LifespanEdit Another feature which stemmed from their unusual nature was a limited lifespan. After a period of or about Seven years, "Smart" AIs begin to process such an excessive overload of data that their function under normal parameters is no longer possible. This condition, known as rampancy, leads to all operational functions being subordinated to their thought process which in the end proves terminal, and essentially kills the AI system. An apt analogy to this would be a human brain devoting so much of its work towards thought that its neural signals to vital organs cease. In this way the AIs quite literally 'think' themselves to death. This trait was able to be forestalled in later generations of "Smart" AI such as Deep Winter.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
kids, can't live with them can't bury them.

that's why we have big problems.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Halo has been grossing an average of 200 million dollars a year give or take only a few hundred thousand dollars since the first storyline came out in 2001. It absolutely must not be taken lightly. not to mention the twenty or so books that make up a storyline with far more depth then either star wars or startrek has. And if you even remotely consider yourself of fan of either, than you have no right to ridicule this entertainment franchise. Deny ignorance sir, deny #ing ignorance.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

The first two quotes of me, that you.... quoted (lol) were in fact - AFTER - you had made the xerox comment - rendering you massively full of the usual, but anyways

Don't try to read too much into my response - this isn't even me just a bs persona that types stuff. People who know me, probably find it very ammusing to see me write ridiculous things, such as the first post responding to you, true or not. And it is hard to portray sarcasm etc...

So if you are actually trying to gauge one's response, you are wasting your time.

I am sick of trying to make these posts sound good (like I was in the past?) Hah but I think we both understand the situation. (us both, but especially you, being full of #) hahaha

Ciao

edit on 12-5-2014 by Apoceclipse because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2014 by Apoceclipse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999
ok..so Halo is a video type game with it's own enviornment or settings...stage or arena.

I see why I was not familiar with it. I don't play video games. Thanks for bringing me up to date on this item.

Orangetom

I know this is a really old thread that no one is paying attention to, but this made me laugh and I had to comment. Video type game? Here on Earth, we call them video games. You can't possibly be this disconnected can you?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I'm still paying attention, haha. This guy was playing dumb dumb, from what I remember... and that does NOT stand for deep underground military base... har har

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Apoceclipse

I don't believe orangetom was being completely honest, and was playing coy in order to save some face. The comment I quoted is ridiculous, who in the world talks like that about something as well known and common as video games? It's not like they are a new invention or something they are 30+ years old. I just thought it was funny and couldn't pass up a comment. I don't even remember how I even got to this thread, I think I was following the posts of someone in particular but now don't remember who or why.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I am sick of trying to make these posts sound good (like I was in the past?) Hah but I think we both understand the situation. (us both, but especially you, being full of #) hahaha

Ciao

No problem Apoceclipse. Bon Appetite. Just don't let people put you so easily on the emotional puppet string and reel you in.

sputniksteve,

I know this is a really old thread that no one is paying attention to, but this made me laugh and I had to comment. Video type game? Here on Earth, we call them video games. You can't possibly be this disconnected can you?

I don't believe orangetom was being completely honest, and was playing coy in order to save some face. The comment I quoted is ridiculous, who in the world talks like that about something as well known and common as video games? It's not like they are a new invention or something they are 30+ years old. I just thought it was funny and couldn't pass up a comment. I don't even remember how I even got to this thread, I think I was following the posts of someone in particular but now don't remember who or why.

I know what video games are ..I am just not familiar with the one you folks termed..Halo. Not really interested in it.

I choose not to live second hand through video games, or television and movies. Video..from the latin word..."to see."

"Veni Vidi Vici" from the label on the pack of Marboro cigarettes. From Julius Caesar.
Veni...I came, I saw...ie..Vidi...I conquered... Vici..from which we get the word...vincible...conquerable. and the word Invincible...not conquerable.

I did not get that from a video game.

Years ago..I tried to play some video game with the woman I was dating at the time and her children. As I recall it was called paper boy or some such. Later some of the guys at work tried to get me into something called Delta Force. I could get into none of them. Not my forte.

For a number of years now I have worked as a machinist in a local shipyard where we have built many of the 688 class submarines as well as today the Virginia Class boats. Also Nimitz class carriers. I have also been in and about these reactors doing nuclear work as well.

This requires a grasp and understanding of a number of factors ..not all of which one can control.

It also means that there is no reset button as is the case on a video game.

Many of the new hires coming in ..are raised on a steady and religious diet of television, movies, and video games. They have a difficult time in this kind of environment going the distance and adapting. Many of them can find the vending machines , micro waves, break rooms et al...but going the distance on a difficult and challenging job...not happening with many of them. Particularly on the shift I work into the early hours of the morning..graveyard shift.
You can hear it in their voices and conversations...many cannot express an idea or moral concept outside of a television or movie they have watched...outside of even a video game. They are living second hand lives and know it not. They have second hand thoughts, second hand emotions, second hand ideas and understandings and much of this is not even theirs..but transplanted from television, movies, and video games. And many of them know it not. Only a few can understand this when I bother to speak of it.

No individual thinking going on. Only Xerox copies of someone or something else transplanted into them. And most of them know it not.

Want a disturbing thought...many of these types of people are voters...voting someone else's emotions, someone else's ideas..someone else's control.

This type of work requires an attention span..far past instant gratification beliefs..video game standards. Understand now??

I do not go to amusement parks like Bush Gardens or Kings Dominion right up the road from me and take the rides to convince myself I have overcome some fear or insecurity. I have had plenty of the real thing at work. This is no different to me than a video game.

All this does not make me better than others..but I know enough to understand that I am different.

Games are fine ..I do not need to have video games..per se. Poker and Chess..teach one about ones opponents just fine. They will teach you how well one has knowledge of the game..how well one handles that knowledge, how well one handles certain risks, and now far one will gamble with risk/risks at stake.

Games and video games are just not part of my zealous religion...or devout religious beliefs.

What also happens out here in the real world is that one becomes aware when one puts ones life and safety on the line for ones monies...that many of our current crop of leaders have few real life experiences and knowledge of their own..but are second hand people..living in video games and dreams...for a devout religious belief system. They have few real experiences of their own..or grasp of the realities people face every day.
You can hear it in their speeches. Not difficult to figure out if one has been out on the edge of the razor blade where one can be quickly cut off.

Once again..this does not make one better than others..only different.

Video games are not it for me.

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

edit on 17-8-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yawn, just tell me when storytime is over Grandpa. LoL!

Someone must've pulled your string to inspire that novel!

And the saga continues... ;P

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mxyztplk
KPL has a good point, history shows us that the larger armies usually win the war. Superior weapons and tactics only carry one so far.
In starting this thread I was just curios if a nation at some point did in fact try to alter their army or any other branch of their forces, to create “super soldiers” beyond advanced training and the like.

I think it depends on just how superior those weapons and tactics are. Numbers are good, but it's pretty easy to discourage any size army with the right kind of weapons depending on what the opposing force has.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

First you don't know about video games, then you're giving lectures about them. Some video games encourage critical thinking and help develop skills from an early age. Even teach various subjects intertwined into the gameplay. Chess is fun too, hehe. You seem like you are just rambling... No real substance... What are you even talking about? Your posting seems to be a Xerox copy of BS statement after BS statement. Incoherent, eh. Now you got me doing it. I wish I could git the reset button for before I wasted time reading the whole post, hehe.

Also, I think people go to amusement parks for fun, not to prove anything. While you are busy breaking down words to their Latin root, take notice of the AMUSE, in amusement...

Hehe I am poking fun, you do have a little bit of good stuff but it is watered down too much for my taste.

Get some sleep, they need you at the dock bright 'n early tommorow to set the young'ns straight. Darned video style games gots 'em brain-warshed!
And what's a Lincoln log? Hahaha

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Wow!! I cannot believe you posted this statement. It is textbook to those who know how a word breaks down..etymology.

While you are busy breaking down words to their Latin root, take notice of the AMUSE, in amusement...

Amuse...amusement..

A-without

Muse_Thinking.

Without thinking-Amuse/Amusement.

Something fed to us to prevent thinking.

Hehe I am poking fun, you do have a little bit of good stuff but it is watered down too much for my taste.

No problem. As I stated previously bon appetite. Try to muse some time...not amuse. Also not so much with the emoting. Musing takes an attention span. Most of such people do indeed bore easily.

Get some sleep, they need you at the dock bright 'n early tommorow to set the young'ns straight.

It's 6 pm to 6 am Apoceclipse which is why so many cannot handle it. Particularly the emotional types.2am to 5am is the most difficult time for them. Most of the hot shots on day shifts cannot handle it as well. The olde ones as well as the young ones.

I stand the night watches here. Night owl so to speak.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

ok, ok, you win.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Oops
edit on 26-6-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Does anyone else remember being taught to use a Sash as a weapon...a belt like weapon that you snapped like a towel with a we end in the shower...but made of something else a flexible metal like material...one that basicly cuts your opponents gun-hand into pieces and off.....I can throw a 25 cent coin up in the air and whip my belt off and snap the coin out of the air before it hits the ground and I can also whip my belt off and wrap it around opponents wrist then arm then neck in lightening speeds...its weird...I can package them up even if they know I am coming.....lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: spencer2000
lol wat senbd links

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join