It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have there been "super Soldier" projects?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mxyztplk

I read in at least 2 sources the East Germans were working on that. Taking boys at the age of 6 and raising them to be soldiers. Scary.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: spencer2000

bah black budget has em planned since before conception since '47...

not to mention the weirdo ritualists who actually put their own children through trials such as letting them be stung/bitten etc. been doing it for millenia

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Super Soldiers,

Wow!! Some of you need to look into the arena of "Trans Humanism." the melding of men and machine.

Differernt governments ..mostly with big budgets ..have been looking into this for over 60 years now. By Genetic Engineering..by Robotics..by combination of the two. What they are also looking for is a human being without a conscience or if you prefer...
"Conscience by Computer." A human/machine hybrid. A drone if you like.

In case you think I am just blowing smoke up someones backside...read some of the posts here on ATS where it is very obvious that so many people have so little real life experiences and knowledge but mostly a movie and television education. The scary thing about this is that so many of these people are now voters....I meant to say..."Drones." But they know it not.

All you have to do today is stroke these people/voters emotionally and all thinking stops...and they run a predictable, mallieable, gauranteed program right to the voting booth. Little thinking going on...mostly emoting.

This is what happens to people who mostly know what is on television and movies. You can hear it in peoples conversations when you ask for a deep thought or idea and they automtaically reference a movie or television program they have watched.

These people have someone elses ideas, thoughts, and someone else's emotions. They are predictable robots or drones/voters.

It is not a far step to turning certain of these people into sociopathic soldiers. Conscience by Computer.

Trans Humanism is a growing concern in the intellectual/scientific community but it is being suppressed among those who question the validity or course of direction it is want to take. There are scientists and social thinkers who are very frightened by Trans Humanism and the direction in which it is going.

BE aware of this term.."Trans Humanism." You will be seeing or hearing it again in the future.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

Yep. I'm posthuman/transhuman whatever you feel like calling it.

Real pain in the ass

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Apoceclipse

Real pain in the ass

Oh..goodness no..

YOu sound like a Xerox copy of much which is going on out here. A pain in the ass is what is so often attempting to pass for excellence today...male and female both.

What is rare out here and valuable is a individual thinking human who is not stamped out by every changing wind and salesmnship which tries to pass for excellence..even among leadership today. Xerox copies of stuff which does not make good nonsense.

Or put another way..people who are individuals who can think further than a television and movie education. Think and act outside the box.

I am part of a team which puts fuel cells in nuclear reactors. A pain in the ass will not make it in this job. We get rid of them quickly...male and female both.

What one does on their own time is their business..but on the clock..you contribute and make yourself valuable..not a pain in the ass.

A pain in the ass is a stamped out Xerox copy out here..male and female both....not difficult to find today..Lots of them out here. Not rare nor valuable.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spencer2000
reply to post by Mr Mxyztplk

I read in at least 2 sources the East Germans were working on that. Taking boys at the age of 6 and raising them to be soldiers. Scary.

If you lived in East Germany ...this is what you do to escape the doldrums of daily life where so many have so little for the work they do. The difference in the standard of living between the East Germans and West Germans was so stark and contrary..it had to be hidden from people...even people here in the west.

The military is what many people do in starting out on the labor force..and then tansit to civilian jobs after getting a bit of labor experience and knowledge...even here in the West.

In the midevil times if you were not royalty living off he production of the many..your only chance to get above subsistance level toiling and labor was to enter the priethood. East Germany just never got futher than the Midevil fingerprint though it might look different on the outside...it was not.

You have to know some history to detect this fingerprint. And History is mostly missing from our television and movie educations today.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Uh, NOT a 'xerox copy'. I might have been 'tinkered' with, but I am what I am - Me.

The pain in the ass I was reffering to - was becoming 'self-aware' and dealing with the 'complications' in my 'uncertain' future.

And I use a lot '' ' '' too.

Mm I am getting too descriptive, lol.

Wasn't quite sure what to make of your reply - but once again to be clear - I am not the pain in the ass - it is the situation...

' a pain in the ass is what is so often attempting to pass for excellence '

edit on 9-5-2014 by Apoceclipse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

Real pain in the ass

Oh..goodness no..

YOu sound like a Xerox copy of much which is going on out here. A pain in the ass is what is so often attempting to pass for excellence today...male and female both.

What is rare out here and valuable is a individual thinking human who is not stamped out by every changing wind and salesmnship which tries to pass for excellence..even among leadership today. Xerox copies of stuff which does not make good nonsense.

Or put another way..people who are individuals who can think further than a television and movie education. Think and act outside the box.

I am part of a team which puts fuel cells in nuclear reactors. A pain in the ass will not make it in this job. We get rid of them quickly...male and female both.

What one does on their own time is their business..but on the clock..you contribute and make yourself valuable..not a pain in the ass.

A pain in the ass is a stamped out Xerox copy out here..male and female both....not difficult to find today..Lots of them out here. Not rare nor valuable.

Thanks,
Orangetom

I will be honest - In my life, and line of work, all I do is 'individually free think'. I would be willing to bet more-so than a member of a team that puts fuel cells in nuclear reactors. I am not bound by the regulations your 'team' would be.

I could be trained to do your job, but most likely, you could not do mine. Sorry, your limited thinking depicted in your post supports this statement, albiet in an ironic, oxymoronic fashion.

Xerox fuel cell team members would get washed out quick in my world, buddy.

How is that medicine? It doesn't really represent my views and/or opinions - mostly just reflects your own post, which was very rude.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Read the michael pero story not 100% true but good look into what does and is happening and a very good read.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Check this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not difficult to extrapolate other uses here....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
ok last post making foolish arguements and clarifications with my face and name on this haha.

Depending what one's definition of post/transhuman is, there are A LOT of us ~ vaccines, artificial limbs, plenty of us implanted, anyone who is utilized in black ops pretty much. etc etc.

Don't go de-humanizing and insulting all of us my friend...

Because then, in your little imaginary world where the robots take over, you are the first enemy hahaha lol ok im done

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

ok last post making foolish arguements and clarifications with my face and name on this haha.

Depending what one's definition of post/transhuman is, there are A LOT of us ~ vaccines, artificial limbs, plenty of us implanted, anyone who is utilized in black ops pretty much. etc etc.

Don't go de-humanizing and insulting all of us my friend...

Because then, in your little imaginary world where the robots take over, you are the first enemy hahaha lol ok im done

I dont have to imagine. When I detect that someone out here wants to know alot about my personal life...on what I am spending my monies, how much, where I go, How I think, My relations, How many groceries I buy, what books I buy/read, how I vote, etc etc etc..it is not a quantum leap to realize that someone looks upon us or even me as a competitor...not as an American citizen.

The only reason to want this much informations on people and their habits is to crunch the numbers down into patterns. Then the next goal is to control or change the numbers...the outcome. Then you need new laws, regulations and controls in order to make the numbers come out correctly or according to design.

This is how you control competitors. Free people are not controlled per se. But you must also educate people to be willing to accept control. In otherwords..never think outside the box into which you put them.

A television and movie education helps greatly. You can see this in the posts here on this one topic..how many people posting here have mostly television and movie references. No real life thoughts or experiences of their own..only television and movie references. Xerox copies..robots. We are already half way there.

Wow!!

Orangetom

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What drove you to the conclusion that I sound like a xerox?

Maybe in this one subject not many have their own experiences, this is the type of subject that most people's (perceived) experience is derived from what they 'know' ~ media...

That being said, I mostly agree with your overall point.

Just don't call me a xerox, that is a fighting word to someone who has grinded against the grain to the bone just to break free and help the next one(s) do the same...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If they had them, they would not let and who knows live.
and how can you tell?

my father told me about his training with the gurkhas.
they did a training exercise.
at the end he and the rest of them men,
thought nothing had happend.
but they all had a mark on their boots.

this was 55 years ago!
so with good training you can make super solders.

But it would work best if they cloned the best humans as a army.
and now they can use DNA.
Hitler got court doing experiments on humans.
because he lost the war.
just think what US is doing Now!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Apoceclipse,

What drove you to the conclusion that I sound like a xerox?

Ahh...excellent question. Thank you.

This is what got me to thinking you sound like a xerox.

How is that medicine? It doesn't really represent my views and/or opinions - mostly just reflects your own post, which was very rude.

and this as well..

Just don't call me a xerox, that is a fighting word to someone who has grinded against the grain to the bone just to break free and help the next one(s) do the same..

Your business not mine but I do not become easily emoted.or upset. It takes alot more than a post on ATS to get me wound up. One thing about working nuclear work and in this shipyard..is that people will try you..to see of what it is of which you are made..can you go the distance. Some will even get you to bite the hook and reel you in ..laughing all the way while reeling you in. This is not just in this shipyard but out here in life as well. Education does not always prepare you for this.

But they also do this for a reason..they are measuring you ..if you have the juice..on the job..do you have the stuff to go the distance when the going gets really rough..or are you just talk..hot air.

Some of us just do not become easily emoted/panicked. Particularly over a blog. You cannot become panicked when you are working in a highly radiated and contaminated area and with a specific time limit allowed. YOu must have the disciplines and knowledge to get it done in time and not get "Crapped out" or contaminated.

So.....to put it another way ...I was mesuring you ..to measure your caliber..if you like.

But ..back on track....

Maybe in this one subject not many have their own experiences, this is the type of subject that most people's (perceived) experience is derived from what they 'know' ~ media...

I agree with this statement of yours. This is what I find in so many people today..male and female both. Few experiences and knowledge outside of media..and I call this xerox. They are easily emoted and put on the string by forces which they know not are taking place.

I am very careful about the media..movies and television etc. If you know some history you can see the movies playing off history and also philosophy onto peoples emotions...and often counterfeitting the events of what happened or playing to peoples emotions for political/social lucre.

I watch some of it but look for patterns..pattern recognition in it...even in the evening news.

And as to this...helping the next ones to break free...I also agree with this tack.

Just don't call me a xerox, that is a fighting word to someone who has grinded against the grain to the bone just to break free and help the next one(s) do the same...

I do this only with certain people who can see hear and understand the ideas I am trying to get across to them to help them recognize patterns and to help them think outside the box. The rest who cannot see hear and understand ..I leave them right where they are at. They are to me empty shells..or put another way..xerox copies.

I don't have much use for drama queens...male or female. To many of them out here who think this is excellence. It is not.

My personal nightmare is to be stuck on a desert island with about 400 drama queens who have mostly a television and movie education...in emotions.

Well..I think you get the point. I dont want these people around me. Little use for them.

What I have detected is that many of these people are today in leadership..drama queens. And they are predators on peoples unguarded unthinking emotions...including the media. For the media too has become part of this predatory system.

Thanks,
Orangetom
edit on 11-5-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
been playing to much halo?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley
been playing to much halo?

I have no idea what is halo. What is it??

Orangetom

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
super soldiers?

not since the X-files or agents of shield.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Well ive certainly played to much halo.

This is an image of a Spartan 2

halo.wikia.com...
halo.wikia.com...
halo.wikia.com...

Human biochemical experiments and enhancement procedures have been a part of society dating back to the 20th century. Their gains have attracted widespread attention in the hopes of improving human strength and endurance. Military experimentation of such enhancements has always been limited for the sake of morality and ethical concerns. However, as technology improved and as scientists continued to understand the human body, advancements paved the way for the eventual use of body enhancement chemicals. The first bio-engineering protocol was established to help humans adjust to long duration spaceflight and different planetary environmental conditions and subsequently for interplanetary war.[1] The fruition of such procedures to help create a superior soldier did not solidify until the limited success of the ORION Project, which would pave the way for the success of the SPARTAN-II Program.

Carbide Ceramic Ossification ~ Advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3% total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis. ~ Specific risk for pre-and near-post pubescent adolescents: skeletal growth spurts may cause irreparable bone pulverization.

Muscular Enhancement Injections ~ Protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time. ~ Five percent (5%) of test subjects experience a fatal cardiac volume increase.

Catalytic Thyroid Implant Platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues. ~ Rare instances of Elephantiasis. ~ Suppressed sexual drive.

Occipital Capillary Reversal ~ Submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of the subject's retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase. ~ Retinal rejection and detachment. Permanent blindness.

Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites ~ Alteration of bioeletrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. 300% increase in subject reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity. ~ Significant instances of Parkinson's Disease and Fletcher's Syndrome.

Only a few months after augmentation procedures the SPARTAN-IIs were noted of being capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 kmh or 34.2 mph. Kelly-087 was capable of running even faster than this speed. Later during the Human-Covenant war while in her Mark V MJOLNIR Armor, Kelly-087s the top speed recorded was 62 kmh or 38.5 mph John-117 has been noted to have briefly ran at around 105 kmh or 65.2 mph during a MJOLNIR MARK V training exercise, however his Achilles tendon was torn because the strain put on his body was unsustainable.

The SPARTAN-IIs are capable of lifting three times their body weight, which is double the normal weight of an average human due to the ceramic bone augmentations, in addition to their increased muscle density. Fred-104 is noted for using his enhanced strength combined with his skills to kill a Brute with his bare hands during Operation: First Strike. Cal-141 was capable of negating a Jiralhanae Chieftain's Gravity Hammer swing with a single hand, dodging multiple retaliatory swings using her enhanced muscle strength to jump great heights, and wound the massive adversary with a few punches and kicks. During the Battle of Installation 04, John-117 was able to use his enhanced strength to kill Sangheili soldiers with skull-breaking punches. During the events on the planet Onyx in 2552, Will-043 used his enhanced strength to engage a Hunter pair in hand to hand combat, and succeeded in killing one by tearing the worms from its body.

In the same battle, Kelly-087 engaged three Sangheili Major/Spec-Ops Elites in hand to hand combat, snapping the wrist of one Elite, taking his energy sword, and cutting three other approaching Elites in half with a single swing. Later, during the boarding of the Piety, Naomi-010 defeated a Jiralhanae with a single uppercut, breaking it's spine in the process. During the Battle of the Rubble in 2535, Adriana-111 used her enhanced strength to lift a mongoose by the handle bars and ram several Grunts with it. She followed up her manuever by using the mongoose as an improvised hammer, smashing three Grunts into the ground, pulverizing them in the process. A SPARTAN-II's reaction time, while impossible to chart accurately, is estimated to be twenty milliseconds. Their reaction times are significantly faster in combat situations or with A.I. assistance.

The reaction times of the SPARTAN-IIs are so fast that they are able to think, react and see things happen in slow and fast motion - it is dubbed as "SPARTAN Time" by Kelly-087.SPARTAN-IIs are also known for their sharp eyesight being able to virtually see in the dark. The thirty-three SPARTAN-IIs that were able to accomplish all this are without any serious physiological or mental instabilities. Chief Petty Officer Franklin Mendez states after the augmentations that the SPARTANs will only get better as they adjust to the augmentation. Therefore many of the SPARTANs attributes have increased through time. These abilities were completely independent of the MJOLNIR armor, which only further augmented the SPARTANs' unprecedented capabilities.

Despite the impressive feats the surviving SPARTANs performed, many of the fourteen year old candidates died or "washed out" as a result of the augmentations. Rather than be buried or cremated their bodies were cryogenically preserved with the hopes of one day reviving these candidates. Experimental rehabilitation programs were performed on more than 80% of the washouts. The result of these programs, however, has yet to be determined.

that's just the enhanced soldiers themselves now for there armor.

edit on 12-5-2014 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

Helmet: The MJOLNIR Helmet is one of the most vital aspects to the MJOLNIR system. It is made of Titanium and contains key features like a Heads Up Display that links to the brain and hands, and can identify equipment and display information about it when it is picked up by the wearer. Another feature is the direct neural interface system which connects to a SPARTAN-IIs neural implants. Two core processor chips are implanted into the subjects skull in the rear of the head. This is essentially comparable to an on board computer using parts of the human brain for processing - when the connector at the rear of the subjects head and receptors in the brain link to the helmets on board sensors it creates the neural link needed to move the MJOLNIR suit. The helmet also contains other equipment to protect and aid the user in hostile conditions. This includes: filters to remove toxins from the atmosphere, a supply to provide air to the wearer during EVA, thermal and motion sensors, communications, solar
-powered lighting, and imaging and video gear. The helmet also contains the A.I housing, where a ship-borne A.I chip is inserted, located on the back of the helmet.

Titanium Alloy Outer Shell: The outer shell of the MJOLNIR armor is comprised of a fairly thick titanium alloy. This plating covers the chest, arms, hip, legs, calves, feet and hands. This alloy is very resilient, can take significant punishment, and is nearly impervious to small arms fire. While enough shots from armor piercing rounds will breach the outer shell, the suit can take a few glancing blows from them without compromising the armor. The outer shell of the all MJOLNIR suits is covered with a refractive coating to help disperse the heat experienced from Covenant energy weapons. However one or two direct hits from any Plasma weapon will compromise the armor plating.

Titanium Nanocomposite Bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick black armored bodysuit. This suit has numerous functions, small but vital to the safety and survival of the wearer. The bodysuit is made of a titanium-based material, making it very strong and yet very flexible. It also serves as another layer of protection against ballistics attacks and is coated with a heat resistant material to disperse heat from Plasma weapons.

Hydrostatic Gel: Underneath the armored bodysuit is a gel-filled layer, this gel layer regulates the temperature of the suit and can re actively change its density to conform to the wearer's shape - the temperature inside the suit is controlled by the moisture absorbing cloth suit underneath the hydrostatic layer. The hydrostatic gel layer can also be pressurized to various levels to potentially save the wearers life should the wearer be subjected to high G forces or a high velocity impact; however, over pressurizing this layer can cause nitrogen embolisms.

Polymerized Lithium Nibocene Layer: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding, the liquid crystal layer contains the polymerized form of lithium nibocene, a highly piezoelectric polymer. By deforming when an electric current is applied to it the layer acts as a sheath of artificial muscle, adding to a SPARTAN's already considerable strength. This layer increases the strength, speed, and all around physical performance of the SPARTAN-II.

Memory Processor Superconductor Layer: This layer supports suit's Artificial intelligence and is fitted in between the outer plates and the inner padding. This type of computer memory is usually outfitted on a warship and as such this layer accounts for over eighty percent of the MJOLNIR armor's cost of construction and materials.

Magnetic Weapon Holder Strips: Available on the Mk. IV, Mk. V, and Mk. VI the magnetic strips are very small yet powerful magnets place on the legs, waist, and back of the suit and is used to hold any equipment with a magnetic property. The suit also contains an electromagnetic system on the boots of the MJOLNIR suit that allow its wearer to stay attached to a metal surface in Zero G environments and can be toggled on or off by the wearer.

Shields: First used on the Mk. V, and later refined on the Mk. VI, the energy shield device is reverse engineered from Covenant technology. Begun in 2532 forty scientists and technicians would spend the next 20 years attempting to make some use of the technology. For decades the attempts at cracking their technology had met with failure after failure, some had given up and others in the scientific community believed the energy shield technology could never be cracked. However at some point before 2552 a breakthrough was made and for the first time the UNSC had successfully cracked and improved upon the technology.

Pressure Seal: The Pressure Seal is a vital component to the MJOLNIR system, it keeps the system airtight, underwater or in space. The seal is very strong and will only break under extreme pressure, such as in a high velocity impact or when the Hydrostatic Gel has been over pressurized.

Automatic Biofoam Injectors: Introduced on the Mk. VI models Biofoam injectors is an integral part of the systems ability to keep a SPARTAN-II functioning in battle. Biofoam is a medical gel that is used to fill and seal a wound automatically, it is also used to treat any infection that could occur as a result of the wound. The process of injecting, or applying the gel to a wound,however it is extremely painful and is only a temporary solution; medical attention must be sought soon after to ensure survivability.

Fusion Reactor: The fusion reactor is the most essential part of the MJOLNIR System, as it provides power to all equipment on the MJOLNIR armor - the reactor is built into the suit and allows for nearly unlimited movement. The fusion reactor in all versions of the MJOLNIR armor are half the size of a normal fusion pack that conventional marines carry around.

Force-Multiplying Circuits: Located throughout the armor, these systems boost the force applied by the user. They make hand-to-hand combat easier, but also make the armor difficult to adjust to; a slight motion can be translated into a potentially harmful one if not conducted correctly. For this reason it is only possible for Spartans to use this armor, as their strengthened bodies are able to withstand the increased power and speed of movement, which, in un-augmented human bodies, results in broken bones or death, due to spasms caused by the pain of broken bones.

Reactive Circuits: Reactive Circuits are systems installed directly linked to the Spartan Neural Interface. They amplify the wearer's reaction time by connecting directly to the thoughts of the wearer, making it much easier to control and allowing for the soldier to be both more efficient and have a higher survival rate in combat.

Power Supply Control Unit: The Power Supply Control Unit controls and maintains the power supply of the armor

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join