It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have there been "super Soldier" projects?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm a recently joined member of this fine site and as I perused the new member info kit I noticed a thread entitled what not to do. In this thread someone clammed that they were being chased by “super soldiers”, This got me thinking has any one tried to make “Super Soldiers” in real life, If so when, where and what were the results?

Was the program based on drugs, or perhaps using tech to enhance strength, speed, stamina or even intellect.

I would not be surprised if the U.S.A U.S.S.R. Or even somewhere like East Germany started a program of this type during the hight of the cold war to get the upper hand in the fight for Europe. Those were crazy times.

Any and all info would be most appreciated
Cheers Mr. Mxyztplk

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Not to toot my own horn too much, but I recently started a thread about someone who claims to be just that. There are other similar threads in the Military and Government Projects Forum, just take a scroll through it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yes I think that there are ways to make 'super soliders' and the best way is training. Take the difference between a civilian and a normal solider, even a normal solider and someone in the special forces.

Much more reliable than drugs or excess tech.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well I heard somewhere like the insurgency is trying to create a type of superbeing by taking fake adrenaline. So whenever they get anywhere theyre all amped up and stuff.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Army DELTA ARE Super Soldiers.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Army DELTA ARE Super Soldiers.

Shattered OUT...

Who die from a bullet to the temple just like any one else. See the running gunfight in The Mog.

REALITY CHECK PEOPLE:

It costs what, 60 grande to train a 'normal' infantryman? Probably another 10 or more to go through each of the secondary schools that qualify you for elite forces training? And at least a couple years worth of grunt work out of your hide before they let you /try to apply/?

And how long is that training itself? 18 months?

Figure 150 grande and 4 years. AT LEAST.

Now ask yourself.

Can Delta leap up a vertical wall? If so, why the ropes?

Can Delta run faster than a normal man, say 25-27mph for 2 minutes? Why the helo or the jeep?

Can Delta carry more while maintaining equal agility? Why are they so easy to kill with snipers?

Can Delta use their minds ANY MORE THAN the situation demands to survive in? If so why are they entering into a battle won and lost by 14 year old teenagers fighting on their own turf while hopped up on khat and carrying a 500 dollar weapon firing 23 cent bullets at 700spm?

If I wanted super soldiers, I would go the opposite route from that of a perceptual 'elite forces' (limited total count, completely exposed in forward/black ops).

Instead I would want an instant-standup army that was cheap and could be 'trained' to full competency _and no more_ in days or even hours.

In essence, I would want droids like you see being fabricated in the facility on Geonosis.

Four per second at the flick of a switch and every single one completely compatible as an organ donor with every other and 'nothing too critical to lose' (skull, torso, whatever).

KPl.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
KPL has a good point, history shows us that the larger armies usually win the war. Superior weapons and tactics only carry one so far.
In starting this thread I was just curios if a nation at some point did in fact try to alter their army or any other branch of their forces, to create “super soldiers” beyond advanced training and the like.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Have to agree that robots are part of the answer to the problem but even robots have limitations too. I see no reason to believe that soldiers are not being genetically engineered somewhere right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would not be surprised either, but I would like to some evidence for it out side of comics or movies.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Actually stalin tried however it was unsuccessful. He tried to make human/ape variation hybrids.
www.mosnews.com...

this article has the details of the project. It would definatly be possible to creat human/animal variations today infact we did it already.

This link shows the super cow.
www.seedmagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is a very interesting read, but dunno how true it is or not.

Project Superman
www.whale.to...

Guy claims he was a supersoldier.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It has recently come to my attention of more recent "super soldier" projects. Currently I am trying to get proof to substantiate or disproove what i was told by somebody. Including strength and speed enhancing exo-suits and cybernetics. I have not heard anything about trying to grow supermen in labs though.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Exoskeletons? Now that would most interesting please get back to me on this subject if you would be so kind Doctor.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
At Berkely they created an exosuit that can increase the strength of the wearer 100 times it also still allows movements like walking, squating etc. all run by an internal comustion engine that works for 2 hours on one tank of gas.

www.geek.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
bleex.me.berkeley.edu...

If a university with only a fraction of the resources that the militaries in the world have as well as defense contractors can do this. Imagine what billions in research and developement can do. I am aware of an exo program from way back that GE tried but failed givin that technology of the 50's and 60's was no where near advanced enough. I am also aware of Japanese nurse now going to be getting bionic suits as to give them added strength to lift up to 70 kilograms easy to avoid back problems.

www.newscientist.com...

It has been done in the public as well as private sectors. I can't beleive how advanced technology is getting. Hell we have already broke Isaac Asimov's first rule "A robot shall never harm a human being". I remember as a child my science teacher said robots will most likely never walk cause they can't balance. I guess Asimo prooved him wrong

So there is proof of powered suits that make people "super-human" however as in terms of bio-engineering troops i doubt it. It would be easier just to make machine combatants to go to war and they have started doing this in Iraq. The future of warfare will be faught by emotionless atonomous exterminaters.

We are not far off from seeing machines like in the terminator movies however i doubt we will end up in that type of scenario. Now countries who do not have these types of warfare machines. It is in my beleif that the days of humans fighting in battlefeilds is going to soon be numbered. Except poor countries we invade we will just let the machines exterminate our enemies with superiority. I also beleive within 30 years books like I Robot and others will become a reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
KPL has a good point, history shows us that the larger armies usually win the war. Superior weapons and tactics only carry one so far.
In starting this thread I was just curios if a nation at some point did in fact try to alter their army or any other branch of their forces, to create “super soldiers” beyond advanced training and the like.

That is so wrong. History has taught us that you don't need the highest level of technology and the largest armies to win wars. If anything, History has taught us that this is not how you win wars effectively. Will you win? Possibly, and if you do, at what cost?

Look at the War on Terror, believe it or not folks, they're winning, insurgents are keeping at bay the world's most advanced fighting force, with what? AK-47's and RPG-7s? IEDs are proving to be annoying too.

What was it, I believe there was a tribe of south africans (forgot their name) during the British days of global conquest that fended off the advanced British forces from their tribal lands with literally sticks and stones. This goes to show that Tactics goes a LONG way. Longer than numbers and technology if you know how to apply it correctly. The insurgents in the middle east believe it or not do have tactics, it's called hit and run. Also suiciding, that too is a tactic if it gets the job done right.

A war of attrition is something no one wants. The end usually does not justify the means, why do so many men have to die? It's like sending wave after wave of men until the other side's forces have suffered enough casualties to the point where they don't have any more men to fight with. That's the basis that WWI was fought on, and an entire generation of men was killed in Europe.

The idea that big armies win, well that's why Japan was allowed to take over Manchuria. Wilson believed in the "Balance of Powers". We all now know that today that is a load of crock.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
there tactics reach beyond "hit and run" the reason the coalition forces are having a hard time is because the enemy looks like the civilians they cannot tell who is freindly and who is not. They will never win in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
But first lets define "Super Soldier", for a me a SP would be a human killing machine that only can be stopped if all his limbs are cut out, something that can withstand a bullet in the head and keep coming at you with anger in the eyes, something that once captured, will never breake, and if by mistake is released, he would kill his captors asap and return to base for debrifing ...

That my friends will be a perfect SP, something that cannot be stopped with just bullets, like a zombie but smarter...

So is there any super soldiers out there?, nah...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
This is a very interesting read, but dunno how true it is or not.

Project Superman
www.whale.to...

Guy claims he was a supersoldier.

This is most definelty BS, it's a nice story and all, but I've done searches on the net to support his facts and nothing. I found nothing, but maybe someone else might have better luck than me.

So for now I'm dismissing this as Sci Fi.

Now I think that the best super soldier would be a man wearing the perfect exoskeleton. Come up with that, and instant super soldier.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Super Soldiers or supermen of coarse have to have capabilities beyond that of a normal human whether it be biologically, physically or mechanical. They have to exceed better then a normal soldier physically, mentally and emotionally. An emotionless soldier who is not scared to die who could go months with out food or water, run perhaps 50k an hour jogging, and have the strength of 10 or more men.

If there is a super soldier program where do i sign up?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Shattered Skies
Sorry but your wrong on the count that the Zulu's superior tactics is what defended them so well. Yes they employed a solid stratagem in the form of their “bull's horns” attack, but it mostly relied on overwhelming the enemy with numbers.
The Zulu's would attack with an army of 7,000-15,000 warriors strong against 100-200. But if you can come up with some thing else I'm all ears.

And Doc thanks for the info on the exoskeleton, really cool stuff!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join