It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The horse and buggy thread. The answer to americas problems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am a member of this community and I wanted to find a place to push an idealogy that I'd like to be known for pushing. In short, I wanted to make an impact as far as solving problems go, because, lord knows I do complain enough.

Here is my credo philosophio: I BELIEVE THAT IF AMERICA WENT BACK TO THE HORSE AND BUGGY, MOST OF OUR PROBLEMS WOULD JUST DISAPPEAR.

I'm on a mission to spread that message to america.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I used to think that, too, until I realized how much shoveling is required. I think we give up certain things, because we find something better. Now, on the other hand, we need some balance, and we have become out of balance in this country. We have a high quantity of life in America but our quality is seriously akilter.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that going back to have streets covered in horse....er...ya know...will solve americas problems....it'll make american a bit more smelly but will hardly lower the murder rate, solve hunger or clear unemployment....which, you must remember, are also problems for america and every other country.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger

Here is my credo philosophio: I BELIEVE THAT IF AMERICA WENT BACK TO THE HORSE AND BUGGY, MOST OF OUR PROBLEMS WOULD JUST DISAPPEAR.

Unfortunately, there are too many people for this to work successfully.

IMHO, television is one of the worst things to happen in the history of mankind. It's pure poison if not used correctly.

Take a look at the Top 10 Nielson (sp?) shows. They're generally all sports and cartoons. How can you build a nation with this kind of crap dominating programming?

Dumbing down the masses has been very successful. China produces a lot of the stuff we buy here. Mexico is catching up. There's now a shortage of skilled workers in the US; the people who build the stuff we need. The media is shooting the US in the foot.

Frankly, another serious issue is the sociopathic behavior of the generations behind us. They've been raised on violence. They're immune to suffering. Any doubts? Take a look at the incredibly barbaric behavior by youths today. I never thought I'd live to see heartless and pointless behavior on such a grand scale.

Be a TV connoisseur. Don't watch garbage.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messengerHere is my credo philosophio: I BELIEVE THAT IF AMERICA WENT BACK TO THE HORSE AND BUGGY, MOST OF OUR PROBLEMS WOULD JUST DISAPPEAR.

Well heck, why don't we just go back to the 'Stone Age'?

But then you would not have ATS, or the internet, for that matter, to spread your good cheer.

Just my 2 cent$.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They will take my Harley when they pry it out from under my cold dead butt

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
I BELIEVE THAT IF AMERICA WENT BACK TO THE HORSE AND BUGGY, MOST OF OUR PROBLEMS WOULD JUST DISAPPEAR.

You may be on the right track, but I think we'll gert further by advocating technological alternatives to the internal combustion engine. Maybe hydrogen fuel cell?

I don't think going all Amish is gonna fly. But then, you already knew that.

top topics

join