It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Let's not spin around it dude.
I just think it's all a fake. And yes, you might think '' WTF? but it actually predicts it all! It was never wrong !! etc. ''
Well, I've kinda noticed that when AFTER a accident or something terrible occurs those guys make some ''bible code'' and say like ''Hey, the bible code said that like, that was going to happen! here, look ! *and they show some words and stuff* and after that, as always. they're gonna say, In 2012 the world os going to end and be destroyed. Well, i'm not sure about that.
Pff, I think it's all just one big lie, MAYBE it all was even planned by the goverment. And they're just making us crazy. Making us believe some friggin ''holy'' man once wrote the book/code and could predict what was going to happen 2000 years later!? I don't know..
Or am i mistaking it with the bible itself? Sorry about that.
Well, anyways. What do YOU guys think of the bible code ? and al of those ''predictions'' ?
And is it just me, or are MOST of those predictions about, The end of the world, people dying etc. etc. etc. Just all the bad things.
They just wanna scare us i think..

- MB

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am very skeptical of those that find things that have already happened in Bible Codes. The real trick would be if it actually predicted future events. While I believe that the Bible does predict future events, I don't think that the Bible Codes are actually put in there for people to find. There are codes in the Bible, but it's a matter of putting 2 and 2 together, not deciphering hidden encrypted text.

Click here for other ATS Discussions on Bible Codes

[edit on 20-4-2006 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Do a search on 'Moby Dick' and bible codes.

OK here, it's been debunked before.
www.google.ca...

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Toadmund]

Screw it, link ain't workin, just google it.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Toadmund]

*Fixed link*

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I am very skeptical of those that find things that have already happened in Bible Codes. The real trick would be if it actually predicted future events. While I believe that the Bible does predict future events, I don't think that the Bible Codes are actually put in there for people to find. There are codes in the Bible, but it's a matter of putting 2 and 2 together, not deciphering hidden encrypted text.

Well Dbates, I'm not saying it is just all crap but..
There really isn't really proof that the bible code predicts future events.
Although there are things found in the bible code, After a event occurs. They always say (as i said before) '' hey look in the bible code! it says that happened!'' Something like that, So they think we're dumb or something.
The bible code also said that a big ''rock'' from space would crash on the earth. Did that happen? NO, But okay, i know what you're thinking, everyone makes mistakes. Maybe it was just one little mistake or something..
It's just all so.. so.. weird

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hm... thanks toadmund, Thats quite interesting.
BUT, Were are all those bible codes written on?
Or are it just some pages?
Who made them? and were are they?
I think there is very little known about it..

Edit: Something else Toadmund, that link you send me about the bible code and stuff. It all has been happened, i'm not reading anything about the future or something... But i'll search more about it.
All of those kills have already been occurd as it seems..

- MB

[edit on 21-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Nobody made the codes. It just seems that if you look hard enough you can find prophetic patterns in any book of a reasonable size.
You know I hate to be one to burst any bubbles but it is also a good thing to be vigilant and know the truth about anything.
To put belief in something that is dubious is simply to be mislead.

I also try to debunk the existence of god, not because I want to prove there is no god, but because I want to believe in god and know I am right in my belief. (so far gods existence is doubtful IMO)
I refuse to believe in fairy tales. But am open minded about good theories and possibilities.

If established belief is proven wrong or seems that way (like the gospel of Judas)
and people like Christians or whoever stubbornly refuse to change their beliefs accordingly or are just plain not open minded about the whole deal, well, that would make that person a believer of false Christianity.
The bible to them is the infallable word of god and is correct and it gives them comfort to wallow in a sea of falsehoods.
Ignorance truly is bliss, I could use a good dose of Ignorance, but my inquisitive mind wont allow that

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Nobody made the codes. It just seems that if you look hard enough you can find prophetic patterns in any book of a reasonable size.
You know I hate to be one to burst any bubbles but it is also a good thing to be vigilant and know the truth about anything.
To put belief in something that is dubious is simply to be mislead.

Well, The codes got to be made from someone, OR something
They just can't suddenly appear you know...
It's all very confusing, when you go deep in it. There isn't much information about it. And indeed, you're right ''to put belief in something that is dubious is simply to be mislead'' I respect that, it's true

I also try to debunk the existence of god, not because I want to prove there is no god, but because I want to believe in god and know I am right in my belief. (so far gods existence is doubtful IMO)
I refuse to believe in fairy tales. But am open minded about good theories and possibilities.

Ahh, the existence of God, I don't believe in him.
Never proven. and never will.
And IF he even existed, i think i wouldn't like him. The bastard.

If established belief is proven wrong or seems that way (like the gospel of Judas)
and people like Christians or whoever stubbornly refuse to change their beliefs accordingly or are just plain not open minded about the whole deal, well, that would make that person a believer of false Christianity.
The bible to them is the infallable word of god and is correct and it gives them comfort to wallow in a sea of falsehoods.
Ignorance truly is bliss, I could use a good dose of Ignorance, but my inquisitive mind wont allow that

Belief is wrong indeed, The only thing you should believe in is the truth and yourself, and nothing else. No God, no friggin' Christ or Muhammed.
Al of those believers let someone ELSE chose about what they do in their life. It's your life, and why should someone else control it?
Although we're all controlled by the goverment... but thats something else
All of those believes just make you actually ''dumb''.
But anyways, I agree with you. Of what you said.

But.. There is a little question. We ALL gotta come from somewhere éh?
And i'm not saying it's god who made us or something, I don't believe in him. And still... IF he made us. He's gotta come from somewhere to you know.
Ahh well, Guess we'll never find out.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
quote: And IF he even existed, i think i wouldn't like him. The bastard.

In one sentance you have summed up all my beleifs about religionbetter than i ever could.....

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The ironic thing is that I give more credibility to the concept of life after death and I also believe the future can be predicted to a degree. I even saw a UFO once.
I have been presented with more evidence of these things than any evidence of a god, of which I have heard nothing.

I have never seen, heard or smelt or touched god, or even tasted him/her/it, yet a book written by MEN thousands of years ago, men who tried to explain the world around them in the simplist means possible. They tell me there is a god.
A God did it!
I'd love to believe the bible code, heck I even own David Drosnins book, but with the miracle of the internet, I found out Moby Dick to has codes in it too.

So, did god write both of those books, what about the Koran?

I just want to believe, and know that what I believe is the right belief.

Someone said once that people will go to hell if they believe in the wrong god, if your christian, all others go to hell, Muslim, all others go to hell etc.
So everyone is going to hell, because everyone chose the other god, the wrong one.
So wether you chose god or not you are still going to hell anyway, so why bother?
Choose no god, if god is real he/she/it will prove it to the troubled mind, but if not, oh well. God has stood up more dates than anyone in history, a no-show.

God didn't even show up for Jesus on the cross, he forsook him!

So, If I die and meet god, I will not fear, I will tell god simply what I wrote above, I'll tell god that I refused to be fooled and mislead by bad evidence and was waiting for proof.
If god can't respect my demand for proof, that I will not just put faith in any fairy tale without evidence, well....to cast to hell the wise and to save the mislead fools.

That would be a bad god. Very bad god indeed!

Bad dog, er... god, bad god!
(strike me down test)

new topics

top topics

join