It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God made Man in all his complexity. result = a divided population

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Alright,
A priest says youll goto hell if you dont praise this and that.
Read the bible and live by the bible, its the word of God etc.
Muslims, differant prophet, same God.
Jews, differant prophet, same God.

Ok here is the simple fact of life. We were made, able to choose based on our knowledge. I will not commit my life to a book written by 'men', handed down over the years and most likely doesnt resemble the first intentions of what should be written.

When will God realise that his creation doesnt want to base their life on the tattered hand me down story from another man. Im not that stupid, i would rather be taught how to find God without the church, then i would know he really exists.
Religions are just out to profit off people rather than speak 100% of the truth.

If i choose to find god inside myself instead of through another person.. why would God punish? he knows exactly what he made, he knows how we think so expecting us to follow another person means the teachings could be completely wrong..

How do we know whats right and wrong? WE DONT!! FFS!

God needs to send us a no bull# prophet and keep him away from idiots who change his words to suit their needs

[edit on 2-5-2006 by fennek77]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Fennek77, You know the Truth, God IS in you, "the Kingdom of God is within". The angst is the giving birth to God in you. No need for a prophet, you already know. Right and wrong...we all have capacities for going off the Right Path, the Way. Do no harm to youself or others. Life bewildered the Disciples, too. Forgive youself and continue forward, always.
Oh, one God, many religions. You understand. You are your own "no bull" prophet.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There cant be anymore prophets. My Christian sect sees Muhammad as the final testament. There will be no more, because if mankind has gotten the message by now then it will never happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
if another prophet came right now, no one would beleive him. christians beleive what they beleive by, for the most part, blindly following what they hear. IMHO most modern christians go to church as kind of an insurance policy with a 10% of your income a week as their premium.

They were scared as kids by their parents telling them about the devil so now they go to church so they dont go to hell but it really plays no part in their lives other than that insurance policy.

So what if jesus never came before and took advantage of primitive human minds so that only the idea of christianity was floating around. I think most modern people, aside from the most devote of christians, would simply write this off as a hoax.

So what i am basically saying here is that if christianity were reconfronted with its own history they would not beleive it (unless the pope told them to).

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thankyou. Down to earth responses,
When i told a priest that same idea i was looked upon like an anti-christ and called an idiot with his facial expression.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well...

If you follow the big 3 religions, it's simple. The god of those religions is an insane psycopath. He made you so he could kill you and laugh at you while he does it. He didn't give a damn if you didn't choose to be gay in Sodom, you were fricasseed with brimstone. Or you were drowned, or torn apart by bears, or killed by angels.

So, you see, god from the bible made you so he and his cronies could have fun as they kill you, then have more fun as they watch you tortured for eternity. Hope that clears some things up.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
How much more suportive can God be? All of this "creation" was set up for our learning... What more does one need?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I understand, but think of it like this:
- 6billion of Gods children
- 3 main religions
- 25 medium size
- and the rest of the population doesnt believe for a certain reason.

God knows this. He sees how much the world is divided, he understands that other peoples opinions are having an impact on their beliefs, he understands that the internet is causing global communication and with that many people are choosing science over the bible. He also understands that now-a-days the most important thing is working, money, possesions and stereotypical life styles.

There is alot of controversy. Alot of opinions. Science is starting to make ppl believe less etc.

I believe it takes time to work out what feels right yes.
Im just saying, for someone like myself, where do i fit into Gods plan?

If i join Christianity, how do i know that will make God happy?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"Working, money, possesions and stereotypical life styles", I don't think much has changed over the millenia. Some people claim a belief in science negates a belief in God, this is not true! Rubbish! Science explains God's world, not God. You can't use science to "explain God."
You are not here "to make God happy." God is not a god who needs to be appeased. Your mission here, if you so accept it, is to love your neighbor as yourself. Notice, yourself; love yourself and give this love to others. Sometimes the way to loving yourself is to start loving others, love them as God would love them. Be the best you can be everyday.
You know, I have heard it said that the internet is good, as it lets people connect to people on a global scale. This is a great spiritual evolution, being able to see we are all connected, through the internet yes, but more importantly through Life, through God.
Continue to love God in Your Heart. Pray. Live each day, each moment to your best. There are resources to help you, maybe a book, maybe an article (on the internet!), maybe another person.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
You are not here "to make God happy." God is not a god who needs to be appeased. Your mission here, if you so accept it, is to love your neighbor as yourself. Notice, yourself; love yourself and give this love to others. Sometimes the way to loving yourself is to start loving others, love them as God would love them. Be the best you can be everyday.

Beautiful truth.

You have voted desert for the Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fennek77
If i choose to find god inside myself instead of through another person.. why would God punish?

He won't. Lead a good life. Do good works. Adhere to morals. Keep the communication going with Him. You'll be fine. No where does it state that one must adhere to a particular religion or interpretation. Me.....I believe in Jesus because it feels right and it works for me...therefore I believe Him to be real.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Fennek77, You know the Truth, God IS in you, "the Kingdom of God is within".

This means that it is a spiritual thing that will affect all aspects of a person. When you place faith in Christ for salvation the Holy Spirit literally comes and takes up residence in that person. Christians are the "tabernacle" of God.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
"Science explains God's world, not God. You can't use science to "explain God."
Thats brilliant! Awesome words, seriously. If anyone tries to argue that, they are fools.

Why are so many people desperate to find answers to justify God is non-existant?
Why so much effort to prove science right?

If we were not created.. Then what? How do we explain the fact that we exist? We understand science and the building blocks of life. But again, where did these come from?
We arent just the spawn of some mystical occurance called the 'big bang'. Thats rediculous. Life on earth DID NOT spawn from a 15 billion year shake and bake theory. If it did, how on earth did the creatures get here? there are millions of species on earth, millions of plant species etc. The chance these were all the result of evolution is ignorant.

Quote:
"If earth were host to but 1 religion, i would pray under its name.
If earth were host to many religions, i am forced to pray inside myself.
If earth is visible through my eyes, the miracle of creation shall be seen.
The world through my eyes, reflects the truth itself, the undeniable answer.
The thoughts through my mind, concious awarness and the human emotion.
The search for meaning does not exist in answers, nor in any book, nor any idea
To understand God's truth: One must first acknowledge their existance, acknowledge their own name, acknowledge the world around them, acknowledge the beauty of those around you and the emotions we share.
Speak your name once and to that name respond, 'I am the Lord's creation, for whom without i could not answer.'

Believing in God isnt a blind commitment, nor do we seek refuge from death under the Lords name, nor is belief ignorant towards science.
The belief in God comes from embrasing life itself and all its glory. - simple

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've often wondered how a "perfect" and omnipotent being could make a flawed, imperfect creation, and still be considered perfect... Any takers?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If man were perfect, there would be nothing to differentiate one man from the next. Man would have no opinion, no willingness to be differant, would not argue, would not have wars.
A test of creation if you will..
Perfection is boring to witness

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I've often wondered how a "perfect" and omnipotent being could make a flawed, imperfect creation, and still be considered perfect... Any takers?

Man has free will. Man chose to disobey God's command/warning. We weren't made flawed. When man chose to do his own will over God's, then sin came rushing in and took over all facets of who a man or woman is. It brought spiritual blindness, which brings self centeredness which brings wrong choices and sin, which lead to consequences, which lead to death, destruction etc. It's a savage cycle, that can go on and on and on for an entire lifetime, or it can be stopped and begin a course of correction.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The Bible tells us this
Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fennek77
Im just saying, for someone like myself, where do i fit into Gods plan?

If i join Christianity, how do i know that will make God happy?

It's more that it will make you happy and it will fulfill a desire God has for you.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
[12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
[13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
It's more that it will make you happy and it will fulfill a desire God has for you.

:shk:

How the heck does this verse from Jeremiah connect, in your perception, dbrandt, between God seeking that we should seek His perfect plan and ways and the function of modern christianity?

Jeremiah was definitely not a christian, he was all Israelite, to the bone, a prophet who defended that part of the truth which was his to guard--and it seems that he endured somewhat more serious persecution for such, given the time and place that his service took place in. Neither did he conform to religious ideations that God is won over by praxis and mortal networking under the auspices of His name:

External source: KJV, Public Domain
O LORD, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke.
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.
I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.
(~Jeremiah 15:15-17)

'I am called by thy name,' yet he refused to sit in the assembly which proclaimed God's name as their own! Jeremiah was pissed! He was filled with indignation at the things going on which went against God's plan--a whole bunch of 'evil' being called 'good' by the men who were regarded as 'men of God.'

But God kept every promise to Jeremiah. It had nothing to do with being a member but everything to do with being outcast.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
[12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
[13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

God says 'I think good peaceful thoughts of lovingkindness toward you--trust me and you'll see.'

Christianity says 'God is going to gladly watch you burn forever if you don't do this and that, this and that, and call yourself by a certain label.'

God has planned and, indeed, fully executed this peaceful and 'expected end' mentioned in Jeremiah--yet christianity says 'No, it's not complete, you're not quite saved unless you do things this certain way and seek to find God in our little christian fold...if you don't mind the rules, then both you and Christ are failures and we hate to see you roast but you had every warning...'

Sounds to me like men still think evil in opposition to the Good that God has prepared for all of us.

Where does the bible say we can find God? In church?
Guess again!

Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.
(~Jeremiah 7:4)

God couldn't care less what you call yourself if you still desire to be unrighteous toward your brother man--and unrighteously distort the LORD's intention for His creation.

They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.
Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?
A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?
Jeremiah 5:28-31 KJV

Nothing much has changed in this world (except the names, of course--changed to protect the non-existent 'innocents?'
) If you believe that christianity has somehow perfected that which God shown, through Israel, was not possible through human means (pleasing God through religion) then brother Paul sends us a warning:
'Be not highminded, but fear.'

God hasn't changed, either, from what I read:

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me,
that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness,
in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
(~Jeremiah 9:24)

Don't forget:

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
(~Ecclesiastes 1:9)

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by dbrandt

:shk:

How the heck does this verse from Jeremiah connect, in your perception, dbrandt, between God seeking that we should seek His perfect plan and ways and the function of modern christianity?

:

True christianity means going into the world and telling people of the salvation found in Christ. This can be done by words, actions and deeds. There are many people and "christian" denominations that are not truthful and are false in claiming to know God and His plan of salvation for mankind.

The question by fenek77 was "How do I fit into God's plan". First of all just like Jeremiah, what God said to Him He says to us. So that verse is meant to say that God has a personal plan for fenek77 also. Many don't understand this, so when someone reads that verse it's meant to instill in them a truth that they need to know and remember. Then as with other verses from the Bible you read them and build upon them with other verses and become what God has planned for you. It's God's plan for him, not fenek's plan for God. The foundation of that is faith in Jesus Christ.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join