It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employers Of Illegals Raided

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sorry if that has been posted, but I did not find it anywhere after looking so just thought I d put it up. This is where I believe they need to start , the crackdown on the ones who do the bigtime hiring of illegal aliens, and they need to be given serious fines along with jail time.

www.cnn.com...

Mods please delete if this has been covered.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by tracer]

How can a company that hires that many illegals just ignore the 13 warnings from the Social Security Administration that there was a problem with that many of their employees SSN's thats pretty amazing to me, just as though we will do as we please,thank you.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Places to look:

Walmart
Convenience stores
KMart
Targets
Gas stations

this is all a good start, at least in Arizona.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
yeah dg, seems that we as just mere citizens know more of where to look for these things than those who are in charge, but I guess this raid is at least a start, even if it is most likely a ploy of some kind by Bush to have his way on the issues.

By the dg, this company where the raids took place in in Phoenix, Arizona.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm glad they're actually finally doing something about this.
You might start seeing alot of illegals heading back to the border soon...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer

By the dg, this company where the raids took place in in Phoenix, Arizona.

A smart move on their part!!! I worked for a company who hired anyone. Including people on parole,

I know because i was a manager. I had nothing to do with hiring, but i knew lots!!! :shk: (This was in Phoenix)

Yes, paroled people deserve a break, so i dont want to turn this thread into that....most people there spoke Spanish and told me stories about how hard it was to cross the border.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 was supposed to have taken care of hiring of illegal workers. You or I ignore a law we go to jail. Now going after German company, let's see who is next, will this continue?
I used to say back in the 1980's that the economy would have been worse if not for the drug money in circulation. Now we use illegal immigrants to help keep wages lower, one way to keep an economy from heating up (inflation).

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There were raids in several cities in the U.S. I have a thread that was posted last night about it on PTS. They arrested 60 according to the paper and 100 according to my local news last night.

JDub

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well I guess I was wrong, after more research, I come to find that the raids on the company IFCO, actually took place all thru the states, guees there was something like 30 differerent raids all involving IFCO in numerous states, not only in Arizona.

I agree that all people should be given chances to work and better their lives, but only so long as it goes by the laws and not illegally, we here in this country are punished, fined, and imprisoned for breaking the laws and these people should be no different.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hoooray! If a company cannot play by the rules, then they do not need to be in business. The nation will ultimately benefit when greedy, immoral companies are shut down.

On a side note lets get that border wall up and bring troops home to watch it. There are enough troops in Iraq to handle our border problem. LET'S GET IT DONE!

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hey gg, havent seen you here in awhile good to know you are still around, guess thats an indication of how ATS has grown huh. Anyway you spoke about a fence, saw this in the news today also and think its good that someone is making an effort to do something, check out the below link.

home.bellsouth.net... t
www.minutemanhq.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wonder if it's a smoke screen,seems about 15 to 20 yrs ago they did the same thing,after the smoke clears same people will be back,might be kind of a bandaid on a large wound,guess time will tell

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 was supposed to have taken care of hiring of illegal workers. You or I ignore a law we go to jail. Now going after German company, let's see who is next, will this continue?
I used to say back in the 1980's that the economy would have been worse if not for the drug money in circulation. Now we use illegal immigrants to help keep wages lower, one way to keep an economy from heating up (inflation).

Oldtimer2, is this what you and I remember? Are we just in another cycle of ok we did something now go away? I like to believe there are some honest people out there doing their job, but the big picture is not pretty.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ah, can you just smell the sweet aroma of justice?

Not only did they raid employers but they also detained and will be deporting over 1,000 Illegal Aliens according to CNN. Now this is the kind of news that I want to hear about every single day, more and more raids on companies that break the law and on companies that continually F the American citizens over by hiring illegal.

On some other good news concerning illegal immigration, the Minuteman have sent the president a letter which basically tells him either he build a 70 miles fence along a section of Arizona or the Minutemen will do it for him. They will be raising 100 million dollars to build this fence along the Arizona border on private property.

Minuteman Leader Pushes Border Fence

TUCSON, Ariz. - If the government doesn't build security fencing along the Mexico border, Minuteman border watch leader Chris Simcox says he and his supporters will.

"We're going to show the federal government how easy it is to build these security fences, how inexpensively they can be built when built by private people and free enterprise," Simcox said.

Simcox said a half-dozen landowners along the Arizona-Mexico border have said they will allow fencing to be placed on their borderlands, and others in California, Texas and New Mexico have agreed to do so as well.

Surveyors and contractors have offered to help with the design and survey work, and Simcox said some have said they will provide heavy equipment for his Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. to build fencing.

Link

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

top topics

join