It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73p/schwassmann-wachmann 3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
really sorry. 'lost the link in my history' 1 day' doh!! it,s widely accepted that 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 will miss by at least 4 million miles but the problem is there is another 1100m asteroid passing by that could collide with the comet slowing and sending fragments down to earth. its called '2006gy2 or sumthin. lost the link cos i had 2 go 2 work. but i,ll find it

May 13 2006. A possible bright comet: Comet S-W3 73P, Comet 73P / Schwassmann-Wachmann 3, possibly may be a bright sight in the sky, from May 13-June 6. It is closest to earth on May 13 and closest to the sun on June 6 (6-6-06!). Also, it is interesting that this comet was discovered by two German astronomers as Hitler was rising to power in Germany in 1930. There could be an Antichrist connection to this comet, with the Hitler discovery connection part of that. That is why I think it may be a very bright comet and possibly red in color. This could be the third bright comet representing an Unholy Trinity, of Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet, which mirrors the Holy Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. See this page and this page on comets, and the connection of comets to the Shroud of Turin, and how 3 comets were seen during the 1500s and the time of the Protestant Reformation, that may have represented the Holy Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Comet S-W 3 is actually a broken up comet like Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 that hit Jupiter in 1994, that is now actually a bunch of minicomets, but if there is enough gas emitted then it could be a bright sight in the sky in May 2006. And since this comet has fractured into a number of pieces, and I don't think the astronomers know where all the pieces are, there is a very small possibility of a small piece of it hitting earth then, near May 13 2006.

www.revelation13.net...

also

July 3, 2006. Asteroid 2004 XP14 passes near earth, very close, only 1.1 lunar distances (so about the distance of the moon). With a 300-700 meter estimated diameter, it would be very bad news if it hit earth (destroy a continent, giant tidal waves, and maybe start an Ice Age). This asteroid results in a very negative energy in the world at that time.

if u dont wanna read the whole block

ok its asteroid 2006 gy2. still findin the link

[edit on 21-4-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
www2.hunterlink.net.au...

A fiery dragon shall cross the sky
Six times before this world shall die.
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth herald in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight
The tides will rise beyond their ken
To bight away the shores and then
The mountains will begin to roar
And earthquakes split the plain to shore.

And flooding waters rushing in
Will flood the lands in such a din
That mankind cowers in muddy fen
And snarls about his fellow men.

He bares his teeth and fights and kills
And secrets food in secret hills
And ugly in his fear he lies
To kill marauders, thieves and spies.

Man flees in terror from the floods
And kills and rapes and lies in blood
And spilling blood by mankind's hands
Will stain and bitter many lands.

And when the dragon's tail is gone
Man forgets, smiles, and carries on
To apply himself - too late, too late
For mankind has earned deserved fate.

His masked smile - his false grandeur
Will serve the gods, their anger stir,
And they will send the dragon back
To light the sky - his tail will crack
Upon the Earth and rend the Earth,
And man shall flee, king, Lord and serf

i just thought a nice light hearted poem would cheer us all up in these worrying times. i,m dedicating this to dgtempe

just a thought about the opening line.. is it possible that earth gravity or the combined gravitational pull of
a the earth
b the moon
c 73p/schwassmann-wachmann 3
d asteroid 2006 gy2

mavbe dislodge any of the above bodies 'and over 20 fragments' into a 7 day receding orbit and eventual collision with us

sir edmund blackadder "maybe some kind of hat is in order"

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've never had anything dedicated to me from ATS before....

You're full of charm...

Now i can crawl back in my bed and pull the covers over my head...but first, i must cook something.

I'd hate to die with an empty stomach.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
wooooooow. an intelligent and funny girl..aaaand can cook.i,d write n record a song for you to show my admiration too but it,s my night off tonight.lol

as it happens i,m trying the local arabic quisine. ie takeaway southern fried chicken,milkshake n apple pie and a night reading ats

i,m STILL trying to find that article . its realllllly bugging me now.maybe it was a post on another forum. i,m googling all the relevant keywords but nothing is showing up,only distant references,not the collision/deflection possibility. if anyone has a better search enging pleeeeeease let me in on it

a lot of the sites i try to access are blocked due to non islamic accepted contents/links. references to sex/terrorism/religiously unnaceptable pratices etc..

ps i,m not condemning the censorship by the way if any of my muslim friends read this so dont come throw fruit at my show tommorow

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

by the way. there seem to be at least 35 fragments now
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 [1995]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-B [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-C [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-E [2001]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-G [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-H [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-J [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-K [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-L [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-M [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-N [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-P [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-Q [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-R [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-S [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-T [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-U [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-V [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-W [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-X [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-Y [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-Z [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AA [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AB [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AC [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AD [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AE [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AF [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AG [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AH [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AI [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AJ [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AK [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AL [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AM [2006]
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3-AN [2006]
gotta be more that haven,t been spotted too

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Comet pics starting to come on, so here's a new one.

COMET NEWS: Only a few days ago, fragment B of dying comet 73P/Schwassmann Wachmann 3 split in two. One of those two pieces is now "in outburst," almost doubling in brightness since April 23rd. These false-color images from Rolando Ligustri of Talmassons, Italy, show the pair yesterday:

click to enlarge image with graph too

The outburst could signal a new breakup of fragment B, which brightens as fresh veins of ice and dust are exposed to sunlight. If so, the pair may soon be a triple--or more.

Fragment B is shining like a 9th magnitude star, which makes it an easy target for backyard telescopes. Look for it in the constellation Corona Borealis an hour or so after sunset. The view will only improve in the weeks ahead as 73P approaches Earth for a close encounter in mid-May.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Almost 40 fragments to keep an eye on.

This Comet's All Broken Up -Universe Today
Comet with a broken heart -Space Daily
Self-destructing comet to flash close by -New Scientist

Consensus still says there's no threat to Earth, since even at its closest of the pieces will be twenty times more distant than the Moon.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If anyone cares to look at the Orbital simulations at

NASA ORBITAL SIMULATION

Then you will notice that this is a very real a present danger as the fragments pass by us on may 7th, they are in the horizontal plane, the trailing fragments are set to collide with Earth a bit like a bomber dropping thier munitions from above.

VERY SCARY!!!!!!!!!

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Those will still be several million miles behind us though, so.... How exactly are they gonna hit the Earth?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
VERY SCARY!!!!!!!!!

0.0907 AU = 8,431,009 miles

1 Astronomical Unit = 92,955,887.6 miles

Distance to Moon = 0.0027 AU = 238,857 miles

Scary in what relevance? 8 million+ miles away is not even close compared to many other NEO's. Scary like the wind generated by gnat in south Africa while sitting in Kamchatka?

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

VERY SCARY!!!!!!!!!

0.0907 AU = 8,431,009 miles

1 Astronomical Unit = 92,955,887.6 miles

Distance to Moon = 0.0027 AU = 238,857 miles

Scary in what relevance? 8 million+ miles away is not even close compared to many other NEO's. Scary like the wind generated by gnat in south Africa while sitting in Kamchatka?

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

1 AU = 149 597 870.691 ± 0.030 km ≈ 92 955 807 miles ≈ 8.317 light minutes ≈ 499 light-seconds Blah Blah Blah!!

We can all do the Maths to get to 0.0907 AU = 8,431,916 miles Regenmacher

We are not talking about an object with a stable trajectory, so when I say SCARY I mean it as in we are not able to track all possible trajectories of all the trailing fragments.

In reality it would be imposable to say how many fragments there are, (currently 35) even a .1% change in trajectory at 0.0907 AU's could create a potential collision.

One of the main projects against asteroid collisions on detection is to attach ion drives at distance to shift the orbital trajectory by just .1% to avoid a collision.

Asteroids are one thing but Comets are entirely another and are prone to vent material at variable rates, this does not normally change trajectory due to the mass travelling as a single unit.

Schwassmann-Wachmann is currently 35 separate units...... and so very unpredictable!!!

So you could sit in three camps....

Camp ONE ---- Ahhh it will be over 8 million miles away...

Camp TWO ---- Ahhhhh It’s THE END OF THE WORLD

or

Camp Three ---- Holy molly this is a dangerous situation that needs careful and Very close attention.

I sit Firmly in CAMP 3

NeoN HaZe.

P.S I wish I was able to know the fluid motions of multi dimensional space and could track through time to predict future events but I am not GOD just a Physicist with humanities best interests at heart.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

From the article on Yahoo (see link on page one) ......"Julien argues that the kinetic energy of even a 'car sized' fragment will impact the Earth with devastating effect."

Not being knowledgable about Astronomy this is pure speculation based on personal experience:

When I was a child, maybe 11 or 12, I witnessed a giant fireball in the sky. My cousin and I were sitting on the porch of his home in Orem, Utah not long after dark on a mid-summer day. Best guess is around 10 PM. At first I more felt a sound than heard it. Like a distant freight train. Then suddenly the sky lit up like day. I recall my first thought was; it can’t be morning yet! Then the sound became audible like a roar and a fireball that looked the size of a house came directly over our heads. I remember that the adults heard it inside but because they did not see it were skeptical of our description until it was in the news. While returning home, my father had the radio on and they reported that it was a meteorite and that it had hit earth somewhere north of the “Great Salt Lake” which is west of Salt Lake City. They said the next day it was the size of a car when it struck the ground. That was pretty much the end of it and I can not remember ever hearing any more about it.

The reason I bored you with all this is that quote. This thing WAS the size of the object he was talking about and none of those terrible things happened. It caused a lot of UFO speculation but that was about it. I think this guy must have something to gain by exaggerating the effect of an object that size. I don’t know what these folks make doing the talk show circuit but I’m sure he will benefit financially by scaring everyone. It’s hard for me to believe anything from this guy based on that statement.

As a side note: I tried a couple of years ago to track down something on the internet about that meteorite and the only thing I could find was about a UFO sighting. Where this sighting supposedly happened would have been on the meteorites path. To bad this person did not pick up a newspaper or they would have known what it was.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In all actuality there are statistically two earth strikes of at least 10 megatons in size every 100 years....

Not to be too pessimistic but the last large known event was Tunguska nearly 100 years ago.....

so we are overdue....

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

1 AU = 149 597 870.691 ± 0.030 km ≈ 92 955 807 miles ≈ 8.317 light minutes ≈ 499 light-seconds Blah Blah Blah!!

Fear mongering gets little respect in the sciences, so stick with actually doing the math and remain rational. If you have humanity's interest then you would refrain from causing unwarranted anxiety, and it's bad karma too.

4th camp: Interesting show to watch. We have no control over it and your 9000 times more likely to stroke out worrying about it or killing someone by promoting fear.

"This is a rare opportunity to watch a comet in its death throes—from very close range," says Don Yeomans, head of NASA's Near Earth Object Program at JPL.

There's no danger of a collision. "Goodness, no," says Yeomans. "The closest fragment will be about six million miles away--or twenty-five times farther than the Moon." That's close without actually being scary. universetoday

Your 2000 times more likely to be run over by a hot dog delivery truck in the parking lot of 7-11, so did you issue an alert for that? Do the math and calculate the odds of your death and see the reality of it all.

We are never overdo since each impact is considered an independent event.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
But that says "asteroid" and this is a "comet" we're dealing with!

Sorry, I just had to say it. No one take that seriously, please.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

I have heard it it doesn't really matter if you get hit in the head by a chunk of iron ore or dirty iceball moving at 35,000 mph, when your odds are up...they are up

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

[
4th camp: Interesting show to watch. We have no control over it and your 9000 times more likely to stroke out worrying about it or killing someone by promoting fear.

Your 2000 times more likely to be run over by a hot dog delivery truck in the parking lot of 7-11, so did you issue an alert for that? Do the math and calculate the odds of your death and see the reality of it all.

You're argument is completely flawed. I would be very interested in seeing the equations that brought that so called conclusion out.

An asteroid or comet impact has FAR too many variables to work out than that.

a list of variables would start something like....

Average human life span
Total number of humans to have existed
Total amount of time Humans have existed
Number of asteroid/comet strikes on the earth in that time
Number of deaths caused by asteroid/comet strikes
Average mass and energy of asteroid/comet strike
Average composition of said asteroid/comet
Etc
Etc
Etc....

Chance and risk assessment are entirely misinterpreted by most people!!!

You know there is even a chance that you could die by choking on a ducks feather... but that would be extremely low due to the fact that ducks feathers don't have the potential to wipe out a whole planet... that is unless all the atoms suddenly decided to cascade inwardly!!!

And yes there is actually a number that would represent the chances of that happening too....

I’m sorry if you consider the truth as scare mongering!! ALL Scientist HAVE to take into consideration ALL potential outcomes… not just the ones they would like or prefer.

If you don’t like the fact there is a very real chance we will get hit then you won’t be alone… none of us want to be whacked….. But just like a spoilt child has to live up to living without sometimes, you and everyone else has to come to terms with the reality we live in.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You're argument is completely flawed. I would be very interested in seeing the equations that brought that so called conclusion out.

But... But... But earlier I believe you said:

In all actuality there are statistically two earth strikes of at least 10 megatons in size every 100 years....

so we are overdue....

So what equation was used to find that out?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I have heard it it doesn't really matter if you get hit in the head by a chunk of iron ore or dirty iceball moving at 35,000 mph, when your odds are up...they are up

Again completely wrong...

The composition of an object is Extremely important!!!

350000 mph 20 ton ice ball could explode in the atmosphere causing an airburst... ie Tunguska....

350000 mph 1 milligram of iron would burn up in our atmosphere with nothing but a puuff....

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

But... But... But earlier I believe you said:

so we are overdue....

So what equation was used to find that out?

That is not an equation that was from observation.

It is possibly higher actually. We do have ways of dating craters.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If you don’t like the fact there is a very real chance we will get hit then you won’t be alone… none of us want to be whacked….. But just like a spoilt child has to live up to living without sometimes, you and everyone else has to come to terms with the reality we live in.

NeoN HaZe.

The flaw is in your lack of grasping reality or knowing what probability theory even is. I suggest you quit driving if you plan to come to terms with real risks of death and quit blowing smoke about the miniscule fatalities due to earth-crossing objects. The spoiled child is the one who pushes his fears on others, cause he feels alone in his contempt.

Injuries and Deaths Caused by ECO Impacts

You seem void of math skills and or ability to research your supposition and play towards emotionalism and fear driven propaganda, which has nothing to do with physics and more do with the psychic hotline.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join