Chinese Woman Protester goes nuts during pres HU & Bush speech

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Meanwhile we have to deal with all our issues

I totally agree. The are some things that I would like to change in the world; Unfortunately, we have many problems in our country as well. I think we should fix our problems first before thinking globally.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am waiting to finally see teh day when the Islamists finally piss off China. You see how Evila nd anti-religon they are. Sooner or later China will be in the crosshairs of their Jihad and we will finally see WWIII.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
China has already been cracking down on the Uyghurs in the Xinjiang region. They are just quiet about it and it would be pretty hard for the Uyghurs to communicate with people outside of China. Their plight is not generally very well known.

As long as they continue to be quiet, I doubt attention will turn to China for quite some time.

Whether there is actually a huge problem with Muslim terrorists in that area or China is taking advantage of the 'WOT' to rid themselves of this group is debatable.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Duzey]

Oct

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
maritimes.indymedia.org...

Australian transplant surgeons have confirmed that organs from executed prisoners are used for transplants in China and have publicly condemned the practice.

ccp should be condemned.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
Why do we even let the Chinese president on US soil? Why pretend he is welcome?

Are you kiddin me? So the two nations can work out it's issues. What do you suggest? Wage war on China because they aren't a "democratic" nation?

Isn't that why the U.S. supposedly waged war on Iraq?

originally posted by k4rupt
Sure the Chinese gov't has done things that weren't so great, but you've got to understand why it is doing so - to ensure stability and ensure it's double digit economic growth rate (fastest in the world of industrialized nationed). As you can see, China is not only rapidly progressing economically, but also socially and politically. Look at the situation now and 50 years ago, China has liberalized to a huge extent and continues to do so.

It is not necessary to round up all opposing voices and imprison or slaughter them in order to have stability and growth.

Originally posted by nephyx
I think this woman should get put in jail. Everyone knows that freedom of speech has its limitations but when we are trying to make a good impression on the leaders of other countries we should not tolerate this kindof insanity. I think this woman should be deported so China can deal with her properly.

You mean you think they should kill her? Because that's how they would "deal with her"

Nephyx, I like your sig. Alot of folks use that verse to justify use of marijuana. Did you know that in China you wold be killed for possession of "herb yielding seed" depite the fact that "God saw that it was good."

Originally posted by nephyx
Dont blame China for getting it done!

If the "it" getting done is forcing pacifist monks and nuns have sexual intercourse in the streets, the erradication of a culture and massacre of its people....
Well...yeah I think I will blame them. I am refering to the Communist Party of China's treatment of the Tibetan people

Fire In The Snow:True Story of a Tibetan Monk by Palden Gyatso
www.amazon.co.uk...-details

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
k4rupt,

It is interesting to note how often you use the term "evil cult" to describe the practitioners of Falun Gong. This term is exactly the one officially promulgated by the communist regime in China. It is this term which they monotonously repeat in their propaganda campaign.

"The government of the People's Republic of China look upon the evil cult of Falun Gong as an evil force that denies the validity of science as embraced by the government of the People's Republic of China and the evil cult of Falun Gong has been teaching citizens of the People's Republic of China that the philosophy of the evil cult of Falun Gong is the means by which...." well, you get the idea.

The James Randi Educational Foundation
www.randi.org...

You use the term no less than five times in your posts. You may not be a communist net agent but you sure do sound like one. Perhaps you should apply for a job.

Who is it that told you that Falun Gong is an evil cult, If not the CCP? I would love to hear your source. In the meantime, since you are an ardent proponent of authoritative sources, here is one for you:

"Falun Gong is a peaceful and nonviolent form of personal belief and practice with millions of adherents in the People's Republic of China and elsewhere"... "The campaign of persecution [against Falun Gong] has been carried out by government officials and police at all levels, and has permeated every segment of society and every level of government in the People’s Republic of China."... "Jiang Zemin’s regime has created notorious government ‘610’ offices throughout the People’s Republic of China with the special task of overseeing the persecution of Falun Gong members through organized brainwashing, torture, and murder"

-resolution no. 188 passed unanimously by The United States Congress on July 24, 2002
thomas.loc.gov...:2:./temp/~bdVmfm:@@@L&summ2=m&|/bss/d107query.html

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Voiceofreason, please don't joke around...

If Falung Gong is not an "evil cult," then can you name a society that is?

Falung Gong, is headed by a master by the name of Master Li who he proclaims himself as a god, and those who follow under him shall be a god also. He claims to possess supernatural powers to heal and urges his followers NOT TO SEEK MEDICAL treatments INCLUDING those diagnosed with CANCER. This, obviously, has led to numerous deaths.

Critics of Falun Gong in the West argue that because of the relationship of dependency that Li Hongzhi establishes between himself and his followers, using what they say are a variety of manipulative techniques, the Falun Gong should be thought of as a cult rather than a new religious movement or metaphysical qigong. A number of American cult experts, including Rick Ross, Margaret Singer and Steven Hassan, have claimed that Li Hongzhi meets their definition of a manipulative cult leader.

Even RESPECTED, WESTERN cult experts including Rick Ross has labeled Falung Gong a cult and Master Li meets their definition of a manipulative cult leader.

Rick Ross

Margaret Singer

I mean... come on, these are well respected Cult Experts.
Note: They aren't working for the PRC

[edit on 17-5-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am not joking around.

Nor am I about judge any group of people and their beliefs as being an evil cult. So, no I will not name such a society.

The ruling elite of China has a long history of demonizing groups that teach beliefs which lie outside the bounds of officially approved doctrine as "evil cults". Falun Gong is simply the latest and most widely popularized. Other examples include Eastern Lightning, the Association of Disciples, the Full Scope Church, the Spirit Sect, the New Testament Church, the Way of the Goddess of Mercy, the Lord God Sect, the Established King Church, the Unification Church, and the Family of Love. All of which suffered oppression due to not being properly "trained" in acceptable religious doctrine by the communist regime.

The US State Department
www.state.gov...

In fact, this practice of intolerance and brutality predates the Ch'ing Dynasty. For example in 1813 nearly 80,000 members of a non-violent religious sect known as White Lotus were killed by the government. Like Falun Gong, they also practiced meditation and qigong.

Inspiration: The Organization and Ideology of The White Lotus Sects
kb.osu.edu...

I have not seen that quote of Mr. Li that states that he is a god. You provide no reference to it. If he did, however, he would not be the only one with a belief in an inherent divine nature of man. One of dozens of examples I could give of this is the Christian doctrine of Theosis.

"The Word became flesh to make us 'partakers of the divine nature'...'For the Son of God became man so that we might become God.' 'The only begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods'" (Catechism of the Catholic Church 460).

Grace and Divinity
home.nyc.rr.com...

Would you classify Christianity as an evil cult? Although some might...I will again reserve judgement. One man's religion is another man's cult - as the saying goes.

Which brings me to my next point. Even so-called "cult experts" disagree on all attributes which must be present in order for a group to be labeled a cult. One which they agree on, however, is that belivers are not allowed to leave once they join. This is not true of Falun Gong. While Falun Gong does exhibit some characteristics of cults, such as a charasmatic leader who is seen as "above human" and the use of jargon unfamilliar to outsiders, This hardly justifies the CCP's brutality towards its practitioners.

Austrailian National Radio ABC, Falun Gong: Cult or Culture?
www.abc.net.au...

As for Mr. Li's views on modern medicine...Nowhere has he been quoted as directly commanding his followers not to seek treatment. I defy you to provide proof of this slander.

His words have fostered a mistrust in the modern medical system in some of his followers. He criticizes by stating that modern medicine seeks to treat the symptoms and not address the root causes of disease. I agree with him on that point. Our big-business pharmaceutical model of healthcare would prefer to see sick people forking over thousands of dollars on prescriptions throughout their lives than to actually cure them..or, heaven forbid, teach self-responsibilty for one's health.

By the way...The Jehovah's Witnesses and The Christian Scientists are two other examples of mainstream religious organizations that shun modern medical care. In the end...is it not up to the individual to make his or her own choices regarding their health and their bodies?

No k4rupt. I'm afraid you have done nothing to convince me that there is evil at work here. You repeatedly blasted Oct in this tfor not providing valid references for his statements and yet you provide none of your own to back up your own inflamatory proclamations.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Futhermore...

What I have become convinced of through my research on the subject is that all this talk of "evil cults" is nothing but a smokescreen put up by the CCP in hopes of justifying their heinous actions towards its practitioners. The regime is in no way concerned with the well-being or health of these people. If they were they would not be harrassing, imprisoning, torturing and even killing these people. They are concerned only with dealing with what they perceive as a threat to their total control over the minds bodies and souls of the Chinese people.

Nothing ever justifies this kind of inhumanity.

For a stark example of these crimes of the CCP I highly recommend you read the series of articles which appeared in the Wall Street Journal which won Ian Johnson the 2001 Pulitzer Prize for International Journalism. I trust that is a respectable enough reference for you.

www.pulitzer.org...

And as a postscript...your comments suggesting that what the CCP did to the Tibetan people was somehow a good thing was wrong, insulting and disgusting.

Oct

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If Falung Gong is not an "evil cult," then can you name a society that is? 

You are repeating evil ccp's lies.

Since its public introduction in May 1992, Falun Dafa has attracted over 100 million practitioners worldwide in just ten years. Falun Dafa cultivation emphasizes that one should conduct oneself according to the principle of "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance". Regardless of gender and age, regardless of nationality and race, every practitioner who persistently cultivates his/her heart and practices the exercises has benefited tremendously. Constant diligent cultivation has brought significant changes to many practitioners in both physical conditions and moral values. At the same time, Falun Dafa is gaining worldwide understanding and appreciation, especially in Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America.

clearwisdom.net...

The whole world knows Falun Gong is good.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Which brings me to my next point. Even so-called "cult experts" disagree on all attributes which must be present in order for a group to be labeled a cult.

"So-Called cult experts?" You kiddin me right? Rick Ross, Margaret Singer, Steven Hassan HAVE ALL STATED THAT FALUN GONG IS A CULT AND THAT MASTER LI IS A MANIPULATIVE LEADER. They have NOT disagreed on ANY ATTRIBUTES... THEY HAVE CLEARLY STATED THAT Falun Gong IS A CULT. What point of that do you not get?

Please, Voiceofreason... these three were not plucked off the streets and asked of their opinion... these three are RESPECTABLE CULT EXPERTS who specialize in these cases. PLEASE FIND ME ONE PERSON, who is at the same level of expertise and respectability as Rick Ross, Margaret Singer, and Steven Hassan; WHO HAVE STATED THAT FALUN GONG IS NOT A CULT. Please, can you give me one instance?

Secondly, I NEVER, have condoned actions that has been done to Falun Gong members by the CCP, no matter how much I despise them. Will you give me an instance of me diong so? All I am arguing for is to show people that Falun Gong is not a goodey-goodey excercise group that they claim to be, and that they... are a cult. Period.

Secondly... As you can see, Oct is using sources AFFILIATED, if not OWNED by Falun Gong to ARGUE FOR Falun Gong and against the PRC. All I have asked is for him NOT TO DO THIS, but to rather use sources... less biased?

I don't even know HOW YOU CAN slander ME on this request.
... Ridiculous

[edit on 19-5-2006 by k4rupt]

Oct

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

All I have asked is less biased? ... Ridiculous

No matter who reports, these kind of awards are real:

clearwisdom.net...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow Oct, you have got to be #ing kiddin me. Your incompetence shocks me.

Seriously, someone tell me what the point is with debating with Oct. It makes more sense debating with a dog.

You know what, I'm not even gonna say my argument again. I have said it EVERY POST, and that is it. I have repeated myself NUMEROUS amounts of time with the same argument, yet it is ignored and the same ignorant statements are remade by Oct.

yjs

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Oh my god, it seems that Falungong seems to be able to brainwash more westerners than Chinese themselves! The people here posting endless amounts of Epoch Times links are the same that instantly reach the conclusion (China is teh evil!!!) after reading one FLG pamphlet. That's right, FLG is leeching off you ignorant, insecure westerners for support.

Before you retards rack me off, please note that I'm not a 'net spy', which I must add is the most ridiculous and hilarious accusation that I have come across in my net days. The thread has entertained me for 30 minutes already, so I might as well post something myself.

In my opinion, FLG supporters, being Americans, Chinese or whatever are just impressionable people. They'd be Nazis too if they made a reasonable plea. They are the kind of people that would join a UFO cult, the same people who would become neo-Nazis, wannabe hippy greenies, dreadlocked CHe-shirt wearing communists, emos, goths provided they are confronted with enough material to swing their puny minds to the thought-beliefs of that specific subculture/group.

Don't waste your time with these people who don't think for themselves. After all, the ATS motto is 'deny bias'. One the primary purposes of ATS is for people to think for themselves. THese people aren't doing that, so don't waste your time arguing.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by yjs]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The leader of falun gong is named "Li"?

Ok, I'm not being conspiratorial per se, but I am going to have to run through my old Credo Mutwa (before he got hooked up with David Icke) books. Somewhere he had mentioned that there would be an evil man coming from China named Li. Of course this could be anyone on earth named Li, but that is the first time I have ever seen it, and I've been looking out for it for a long time now.

David Icke did have it on his website at one time, but it was only the quote "A man from China named Li" or something to that effect. Before I go delving through all these books, does someone else have what he said on this readily handy? Just curious, thought it was odd that I hadn't known the leader's name was that.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't get it.

If Falun Gong is this evil cult...what is the evil stuff that they do? Is it worse than the stuff the Chinese govt does?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I don't get it.

If Falun Gong is this evil cult...what is the evil stuff that they do? Is it worse than the stuff the Chinese govt does?

It's not an evil cult at all. The PRC calls them a cult because they are cracking down on them like they do with just about any organization that has anything to do with spirituality.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
lingling... at least take time to read the previous posts before you utter your b.s. in here. I have mentioned this NUMEROUS amount of times: Respected CULT EXPERTS including Rick Ross and Margaret Singer have CONCLUDED that Falun Gong is a cult and that Master Li is a manipulative leader. Please, go read up on who these two people are.

Is it worse than the stuff the Chinese govt does?

Wow, do you not know ANY Chinese history at all? The CCP has done more for China and it's people than any other gov't previous before them. The CCP has boosted China from "the sick man of Asia" to a superpower status.

The CCP has done innumerous amounts of good for the general public. Let's just name one: after the revolution, WOMEN were given equality status. Before the revolution, women were traded as mere slaves, and life for women in China was probably worse than anywhere else in the world. The rate at which women gained from slave-status to equality in so little time BECAUSE of the CCP is UNHEARD OF in the Western world. In other areas, the CCP has wiped out bandits, warlords, foreigners who exploited the Chinese, the elite and has secured China as the fastest economic growing superpower in the world.

Sure, the CCP has done things that no one should be proud of previously and currently, but can you name ONE NATION on earth who has NEVER and IS NOT doing anything "bad?"

The United States - Nearly wiped out a native population, enslaved millions of Africans, only in the past few decades have colored people gained equality... The My Lai massacre, the faked "tonkin incident" that started the Vietnam war, the wars against Mexico, The IRAQ WAR? PRISON ABUSE SCANDALS AND COVER-UPS?

Europe - sigh... It's imperialistic age and it's colonies? Shall I even get started on what happened here?

I'm not saying the CCP is complete heaven or whatnot, but to just say that it is pure evil is... at best, ridiculous and ignorant.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

lingling... at least take time to read the previous posts before you utter your b.s. in here. I have mentioned this NUMEROUS amount of times: Respected CULT EXPERTS including Rick Ross and Margaret Singer have CONCLUDED that Falun Gong is a cult and that Master Li is a manipulative leader. Please, go read up on who these two people are.

Where did I utter B.S.? Oh wait, I don't worship the gospel of Rick Ross and Margaret Singer so ANY disagreement with them is b.s. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh and please stop white washing the PRC.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by lingling]

Oct

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If sby wants to know what Falun Gong is, he must read Falun Gong's original teachings, if he does not want to buy a book, he can read through Falun Gong's website; also if sby doesnot want to talk Falun Gong practitioners near him, he should visit Falun Gong's website to know what is going on.

So this is not biased.

Someone here believes in several so-called experts, they are just some ordinary people, but someone has regarded them as gods. Funny.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join