It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Woman Protester goes nuts during pres HU & Bush speech

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Where did I utter B.S.? Oh wait, I don't worship the gospel of Rick Ross and Margaret Singer so ANY disagreement with them is b.s. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh and please stop white washing the PRC.

Are you kiddin me? Rick Ross and Margaret Singer are RESPECTED Cult Experts. How DARE YOU reduce their credibility because what they said is against your arguments. That is pathetic. Please, are there any disagreements with them? Have you ever EVEN bothered to post a disagreement by someone who is a respected expert in the study of cults? No... you havent, so until you do, I suggest you actually read what they have to say.

And how the hell am I white washing the PRC? Those things that I have mentioned ARE TRUE... if you would rather dwell in your ignorance and hate for the PRC rather than to just READ a bit of what they have actually done for the Chinese people, then I suggest you stop posting here at ATS. We're here to deny ignorance, not spread it.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by k4rupt]

Oct

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Recently it was reported that Haidan Hospital patient Xue Yanlin received two kidney transplants within 48 hours, for a cost of 220,000 yuan (US$27,440) resulting in a financial loss as well as the death of the recipient. The fact that physician Han Xiuwu at Haidian Hospital in Kunming city was able to use kidneys from living donors at will within a very short period of time has attracted public attention.

www.theepochtimes.com...

Evil ccp!!!

Oct

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Rick Ross and Margaret Singer are RESPECTED Cult Experts.

So many times you mention the so-called experts, all your "reason" to libel Falun Dafa is some opinion of the several persons, don't you think that is a little silly?

The whole world welcomes Falun Dafa.

Disease has long posed as a formidable enemy of the human race. Despite rapid advancement in modern medicine, there are still many illnesses with no known cure. Countless people around the world live and suffer in the shadow of their sickness. The following is a collection of testimonials by people who experienced miraculous recoveries after embracing the powerful self-cultivation practice of Falun Gong. Following the path of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance", has brought health, clarity, and wisdom to these people and many more.

www.clearwisdom.net...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oct, whenever you speak, you do more harm to your arguments than when you keep your mouth shut.

Does anyone know what I mean? He posts from a source that is AFFILIATED with Falun Gong and repeats, "THE CCP IS EVIL." Honestly, does that add to the "deny ignorance" here in ATS. I have said REPEATEDLy for him to stop doing that... he fires back calling me a CCP NET AGENT and does the EXACT SAME THING, posting from the SAME CROOKED SOURCE AFFILIATED IWTH FLG and UTTERS "THE CCP IS EVIL."

I don't even know why I bother arguing with you...

These "ordinary people" are EXPERTS in the study of cults. They are respected, just read their biographies. How dare you people try and reduce their credibility because they are against your arguments. That is low and pathetic.

Please, be my guest to post people who are of the same level and respectability as Margaret Singer and Rick Ross WHO HAVE SAID that Falun Gong IS NOT A CULT. Until then, I suggest you take what they have to say in consideration.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
K4rupt, you never answered my question.

I asked how is Falun Gong an EVIL cult. You have referred to them as an EVIL cult quite a few times. Then, when pressed, you provide us with cult experts who say they are a CULT. Where did they say Falun Gong was an EVIL cult?

Tell me some of the EVIL things Falun Gong has done. See, you're calling them evil without anything evil they're doing. Meanwhile, the Chinese govt has forced abortions and guns down political dissents. Some would call these type of actions EVIL.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, let me give you some more info about this:

Critics of Falun Gong in the West argue that because of the relationship of dependency that Li Hongzhi establishes between himself and his followers, using what they say are a variety of manipulative techniques, the Falun Gong should be thought of as a cult rather than a new religious movement or metaphysical qigong. A number of American cult experts, including Rick Ross, Margaret Singer and Steven Hassan, have claimed that Li Hongzhi meets their definition of a manipulative cult leader. While cult experts have not reached a consensus definition for a cult, they often focus on what is considered the coercive behavior of the group leader as an indicator for the potentially damaging aspects of a particular group. In a New Times article (March 23-29, 2000) cult expert Margaret Singer stated: “Some will say it’s not but Falun Gong looks like a cult to me. My criteria is a self-appointed person with secret knowledge to share, who gets his followers convinced he is the pipeline to the eternal good life. Doesn’t that sound like Master Li?”

Different theories of what constitutes thought control have also emerged, but again without consensus. American psychologist and exit counselor Steve Hassan has “grave concerns about the personage of Li Hongzhi, head of the Falun Dafa and his organization.” [62] In his 2002 book Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves, Hassan describes the BITE (Behavior, Information, Thought and Emotion) model, which explains mind control as a combination of control over behavior, information, thought and emotions. Hassan believes that Li Hongzhi “comes very much out of the cult extreme, the authoritarian stereotype” [63]. On his website [64], Hassan states:

As far as the controls exerted by the group on individuals, I am not convinced that this group (Falun Gong) fulfills my BITE model in its entirety. I have not had an opportunity to interview any individuals who have been very involved with this group and decided to leave. I do have a strong impression that Thought control and Phobia indoctrination (emotional control) is very much used. People are made to feel that the only "true" path is by following Li Hongzhi, and that to fail to do so would result in serious physical health problems manifesting.

I mean... these guys who state this are AMERICAN experts in the field and study of cults. They have dedicated their whole lives in combating the effects of cults and cult leaders. How DARE YOU people belittle them because what they say is not what you want to hear. That is disgusting. These guys are Americans, who (i believe) have no relations to the PRC.

I have asked you guys already to post a statement from someone who has a strong background and respectability in the study of cults who has argued that FALUN GONG IS NOT A CULT. Until then, I suggest you people take it upon yourselves to see why plenty of American Cult Experts label FLG as a cult.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You STILL haven't answered my question...

What have they done that is EVIL?!?! Oh, that's ok, I noticed you backed off the "evil" and now focus only on the "cult..."

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted by k4rupt
I have asked you guys already to post a statement from someone who has a strong background and respectability in the study of cults who has argued that FALUN GONG IS NOT A CULT. Until then, I suggest you people take it upon yourselves to see why plenty of American Cult Experts label FLG as a cult.
[edit on 22-5-2006 by k4rupt]

Main Entry: cult
1:formal religious veneration : worship
2:a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

So, two experts are going to say FG is a cult. Christianity is a cult. Judaism is a cult. What people are asking you is, who is saying this is an evil cult? I haven't seen as much fighting with you about whether or not this is a cult, as I see it as people asking you to prove that it is indeed an evil one.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Where did I utter B.S.? Oh wait, I don't worship the gospel of Rick Ross and Margaret Singer so ANY disagreement with them is b.s. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh and please stop white washing the PRC.

Are you kiddin me? Rick Ross and Margaret Singer are RESPECTED Cult Experts. How DARE YOU reduce their credibility because what they said is against your arguments. That is pathetic. Please, are there any disagreements with them? Have you ever EVEN bothered to post a disagreement by someone who is a respected expert in the study of cults? No... you havent, so until you do, I suggest you actually read what they have to say.

And how the hell am I white washing the PRC? Those things that I have mentioned ARE TRUE... if you would rather dwell in your ignorance and hate for the PRC rather than to just READ a bit of what they have actually done for the Chinese people, then I suggest you stop posting here at ATS. We're here to deny ignorance, not spread it.

All you have done is give me two names of people who define cults for a living so of course it is in their interest to spin any spiritual organization into an "evil cult". They would be out of a job if they didn't.

And yes you do white wash the PRC. They kill thousands a year based on 65 different crimes. They put people in prinson and run them down with tanks for protesting.
Grow up! And learn what you are talking about!

Oct

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And yes you do white wash the PRC. They kill thousands a year based on 65 different crimes. They put people in prinson and run them down with tanks for protesting.

A ccp's agent or a deeply brainwashed lover of ccp refuses to face the reality, and refuse to grow up as an indepentant thinking man.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think 'cult' might be something of a relative term. Was Jesus Christ a cult leader? Buddha? Or is it not a cult, when you're 'in' the cult?

Also I think there's some cultural differences that should be addressed. The AMERICAN cult experts in question apparently speak as if religion/occultism/spiritualism etc. are governed by universally applicable standards. That's a bit ethnocentric, imho.

Oct

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A Journey to Ultimate Health

www.clearwisdom.net...

Falun Gong is good.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
k4rupt

Yes, the motto here is "Deny Ignorance"

So why does it seem that you ignore all the information that I have posted? Why will you not answer lingling's question "Why are they evil"?

I say "so-called experts" because in my opinion, no one can be an expert on the beliefs of others. Besides, I could apply Rick Ross' criteria to ANY major religious organization and come to the conclusion that they are a cult.

Since, however, you seem to worship these cult experts

Barry Beyerstein, a psychology professor and cult expert at Simon Fraser University (yes...a respected and learned cult expert!) has CONCLUDED that Falun Gong is NOT a cult.

www.nowtoronto.com...

You asked for it...you got it.
It seems pretty easy for you to knock down Oct's two-sentence statements from the Epoch Times but you don't seem to want to touch the information I have presented in my previous posts...prefering to go on and on about your RESPECTED cult experts.

How about the United States Congress? Are they not respected? They made their conclusion as well...NOT A CULT.

Also, your arguement that many nations have done bad things in the past is ridiculous. Those things happened in the past. They were wrong, yes, but they are DONE and we can't really do anything about it now can we?

What the CCP is doing is ONGOING IN THE PRESENT. Are you suggesting that we should accept atrocities now because they have been commited in the past? PLEASE!

And saying that the CCP was the best thing that ever happened to the Chinese economy is a good one. I laughed pretty loudly when I read that. You ever hear of the failed experiment of collective agriculture which caused the Great Chinese Famine soon after the CCP took power? Millions died.

Actually, the economy of China has taken off quite impressively in the past decade or so...the reason? The move to a free market economy. You do know what a free market economy is, right? A system of allocating resources based only on the interaction of market forces, such as supply and demand. A true market economy is free of governmental influence, collusion and other external interference.

get it? FREE of government influence. The economy improved because the government got OUT OF THE WAY.

So instead of repeating yourself constantly and going off on Oct...why don't you answer the question? Why is Falun Gong evil? And please don't use the same reasons that I debunked in my previous post (that is if you even read it)

Go back and actually read the links I previously posted. The only one spreading ignorance around here is you.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

All you have done is give me two names of people who define cults for a living so of course it is in their interest to spin any spiritual organization into an "evil cult". They would be out of a job if they didn't.

Why... you are a genius.

I NEVER denied that... HOWEVER, you speak as if the CCP has done NOTHING good for the Chinese people, and I showed you good things that they have done... innumerous good... and all you fire back saying I white wash the PRC? lingling... I suggest YOU grow up.

You asked for it...you got it.
It seems pretty easy for you to knock down Oct's two-sentence statements from the Epoch Times but you don't seem to want to touch the information I have presented in my previous posts...prefering to go on and on about your RESPECTED cult experts.

How about the United States Congress? Are they not respected? They made their conclusion as well...NOT A CULT.

Very well... like I said, this is a very debatable topic. There are many sides that say they are a cult, and many sides that say they are not. At the end, it's really what you believe in.
www.time.com...

There's an interview with Master Li... you can draw yourself a conclusion, by that interview, of exactly what type of "excercise group" FLG really is.

Also, your arguement that many nations have done bad things in the past is ridiculous. Those things happened in the past. They were wrong, yes, but they are DONE and we can't really do anything about it now can we?

What the CCP is doing is ONGOING IN THE PRESENT. Are you suggesting that we should accept atrocities now because they have been commited in the past? PLEASE!

Oh really? The Prison abuse scandals are not ongoing? The invasion and occuptation of Iraq is not ongoing? Voiceofreason... i think you just contradicted yourself. Read that statement again.

And saying that the CCP was the best thing that ever happened to the Chinese economy is a good one. I laughed pretty loudly when I read that. You ever hear of the failed experiment of collective agriculture which caused the Great Chinese Famine soon after the CCP took power? Millions died.

Okay Voice, lemme ask you... Before the Revolution, how was life for the average Chinese? How is life for the average Chinese in today's times. The difference is beyond comparison Voice... Ask anyone in China, and they can tell you how it was like for their grandparents, and how it is like for them now. To not even acknowledge this and to shy back into your thinking that the CCP is pure evil and has done nothing for the Chinese people is completely ludicrous.

Actually, the economy of China has taken off quite impressively in the past decade or so...the reason? The move to a free market economy. You do know what a free market economy is, right? A system of allocating resources based only on the interaction of market forces, such as supply and demand. A true market economy is free of governmental influence, collusion and other external interference.

get it? FREE of government influence. The economy improved because the government got OUT OF THE WAY.

So what exactly are you saying? That in a capitalist nation, whatever decisions the gov't makes has no impact on the success or fail of that economy? Don't be an idiot. The Great Depression occured in the U.S., and the U.S. is the pillar of capitalism.

So instead of repeating yourself constantly and going off on Oct...why don't you answer the question? Why is Falun Gong evil? And please don't use the same reasons that I debunked in my previous post (that is if you even read it)

Debunked? Don't be joking... Why I go off on Oct? Maybe because he would not stop accusing me of being a CCP net agent. To even make that acccusation here on ATS because I stand on the other side of the argument is... I can't even believe... tolerated here. So you ask WHY Falun Gong is evil? Well, I KNOW people who had parents in Falun Gong who believe completely that Master Li as their only source towards salvation; people who REFUSE medical treatment believing that practicing Falun Gong will heal them. Definition of evil? It's really up to you to decide.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Is that all you got, k4rupt? "They think some guy is their savior." Rofl! Nice to see you can't back up your evil claims about them, though.

Back on topic, why do people want this lady thrown in jail? It's like when Alex Jones asked then governor Bush a question and was arrested. Unbelievable.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
there's nothing wrong about the falung gong/falun dafa, like with the tibetans, i wont mention all the facts again and i don't mean i think they're perfect, but no point to kill them for their organs or else stupid reason..

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
k4rupt

Ok, finally we agree that the definition of "cult" is a matter of opinion.

However, you say that Falun Gong is evil because some people believe that Mr. Li is their only way to salvation. The key word in this sentence is believe

Does anyone have the right to persecute someone else for his or her beliefs?

This is my only point.

I'm not saying the CCP is entirely evil. Just that what they are doing to people who practice Falung Gong is wrong. Read those Wall Street Journal articles I posted and tell me you don't agree. For the record, I am also against the Iraq war, prison abuses, genocide in Darfur, the baby-selling business, the kiddie-sex trade, toxic waste, sexism, racism, global warming, military-corporate hegemony, and all the other injustices of this world. But none of these things are the subject of this thread and bringing them up simply distracts from the point.

Tens of millions practice Falun Gong. For a great many of these folks, it is simply exercise/meditation. Sure, there may be those who go overboard and believe whatever comes out of Mr. Li's mouth...but do they deserve death just because they do? And even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and agree that Mr. Li is trying to run an evil cult and is conning his followers....do those followers deserve abuse by the CCP because they were conned? Aren't they the victims in that case? Isn't it more reasonable that Mr. Li alone be held accountable for any wrong-doing?

I don't care if you believe that god lives on a moon made of green cheese and that Howie Mandel is his prophet. EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HIS OR HER OWN BELIEFS. They certainly shouldn't be beaten, imprisoned and killed because of them.

I sincerely hope you agree.

by the way...I am not a practitioner of Falun Gong, nor a follower of Mr. Li.
I'm just a human that hates to see humans hating humans.

peace

Oct

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by _VoiceOfReason_

EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HIS OR HER OWN BELIEFS. They certainly shouldn't be beaten, imprisoned and killed because of them.

Right!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
voice, we have come to a very understandable agreement.

You're right, people should have the right to believe in whatever they want, and you're also right, the CCP should not abuse them.

However, I just got ticked off because nearly EVERYONE here arguing against the CCP know nothing of China and are really ignorant. First off, China does not KILL FLG MEMBERS FOR THEIR ORGANS, not even the Epoch Times mentions this.

Second of all, people here speak of the CCP as essentially pure evil and has done nothing good for China - this alone is pure ludicrous. Whenever I present facts and truths of what the CCP HAS DONE for the Chinese people, people here shrug it off as "white-washing" the PRC. They quickly hide back behind their covers believing that the PRC is pure evil.

Now, I am not here to justify abuses against anyone... I am here to stop ignorance. Everytime these articles go up about organ sales, people are quick to judge the PRC as nothing but evil. It's just like saying the United States of America is nothing but evil because of the Prison Abuses.

The PRC is not what most people here want to believe. It is ever liberalizing, growing, expanding... People are, generally, prospering. Even the Da Lai Lama has ended his call for Independence and has stated that "Tibet needs China." Many good things about the PRC go unheard here - how they rid the nation of bandits, warlords, foreigners who expoloitd the Chinese people, the elite class, gave women equality as of previous life of slavery... how more than a thousand Chinese soldiers died building a railroad that eventually led to the civilizing of Tibet, and other innumerous goods.

Now people see an article about Organ sales (which has been banned by the gov't) and automatically shrug off all the good things the CCP has done and start making FALSE statements such as the PRC murders FLG followers or that the PRC has 0% tolerance of religion - both of which is COMPLETELY false.

It's really hard to understand my point of view... I'm EXTREMELY furiated that people here who know nothing of the CCP are so quick to slander it stating things as it is pure evil... the same people who were quick to exploit China during the imperialist age, the same people who put up signs in Shanghai (CHINESE TERRITORY) stating "no dogs and Chinese." My people grew sick of it, and we chose the CCP to rid us of that, and by God they did.

Does it not sicken you if someone states that the U.S. is pure 100% evil and try to justify that statement by a... video of the Rodney King beatings or news of prison abuse? Well... people here at ATS (supposedly less ignorant than public westerners) are doing the same thing with the PRC... and to add to that, they are throwing in ignorant lies.

Now the CCP isn't all sunshine, but neither is any other nation on this world. The CCP has done things ANYONE would be ashamed of, but you people should NEVER DENY the good things that they HAVE DONE.

Voice, you seem to the few that actually have some sort of reason here, do you know what I'm trying to get at? Jeez... I feel like a Holden Caulfield.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
USA & others are just as bad.
thay just keep it secret, or try.

taking tie chi & buddhism dos not make a religon.

I know I carnt spill!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join