It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings in PA...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What the heck is going on here?!

Link

Two workers looking for tools set off a security situation at a Beaver County nuclear power plant that drew a response from police and federal investigators, WTAE Channel 4's Paul Van Osdol reported.

State police said the men drove up to the Beaver Valley Power Station in a tractor-trailer on Tuesday night to pick up two large containers of tools for a contractor for whom they worked.

Security guards stopped the men for a routine inspection, but they drove away, police said.

The guards became suspicious and called police, who pulled the truck over about a mile from the plant.

A state trooper got a warrant to search the vehicle and found a duffel bag, which he said contained $504,230 in mostly small bills.

The driver denied knowing anything about the money or who gave it to him, so the trooper seized it, police said.

The site also has video - a must watch

Anyway to review - over $500k in cash, a multi-state trip to recover some tools, and a nuclear power plant.

This smells *fishy*.

edit- here's another link to an ongoing discussion on this topic Link

edit #2 - It gets weirder! No one has claimed the money...

Link

When security guards at the Beaver Valley Power Station discovered a bag containing thousands of dollars in a tractor-trailer cab, one of the vehicle's occupants told them his boss planned to use the cash to buy a truck.

State police were investigating to determine who owns the money and how it got into the tractor-trailer. If no one comes forward to claim legitimate ownership of the money, police said, they will begin proceedings for forfeit of the cash to the government.

"I wanted to know, why is somebody running around with that amount of money when they're not in a Brink's truck?" said Shippingport police Sgt. R.N. Davis Jr., who pulled the truck over after it left the power plant in Beaver County.

Edit #3- 2 more sources - Link1 and Link2

[edit on 20-4-2006 by negativenihil]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ohh, very fishy indeed! Although the accounts conflict slightly, what on earth are people doing trying to get into that facility for with 500k worth of cash in their van? Who uses cash? And an inter-state trip to pickup some tools? Were there actually tools inside the plant, do you reckon/know?

edit: cant use this keyboard thingie properly

[edit on 20/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Although the accounts conflict slightly,

You got that right. One of the truck's occupants claimed they didn't know where the money came from, while the other claims it was to be used to purchase a new truck.

Seems they didn't get thier stories straight ahead of time.

Another weird item- one passenger claims his id had been stolen from the truck... yet the money wasn't touched...

Police broadcast a description of the truck and Sgt. Davis pulled it over after spotting it on Route 168 south, near the Shippingport Bridge. He said the truckers were polite, but the passenger had no identification and said it had been stolen from the truck the night before.

"Your ID is stolen but not that bag of cash? Red flags were popping up all over," Sgt. Davis said.

anyway imo - i think the oddest aspect of this all is that both men were released instead of taken back for questioning....

[edit on 20-4-2006 by negativenihil]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
But my fish smell tells me that it could be a native fish.
Why nobody is missing the money, is weird also.
I wonder what lengths WE will go to to create mock terror?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I think you've got a point. Had these men been Muslim/Arabic, or even Muslim/Arabic-looking, i doubt they had been released.

In any case, i've got my fingers crossed this is all one giant misunderstanding.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Originally posted by dgtempe

I think you've got a point. Had these men been Muslim/Arabic, or even Muslim/Arabic-looking, i doubt they had been released.

In any case, i've got my fingers crossed this is all one giant misunderstanding.

haha ya. Because misunderstandings happen all the time with half a million dollars of small bills.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

haha ya. Because misunderstandings happen all the time with half a million dollars of small bills.

I lost a half million near Shippensburg last week. Where do I submit a claim?

I can't believe authorities let these guys go. It's not just Arab-looking muslims we have to worry about. Take that Rakan Ben Williams character, the terrorist who supposedly would blend right in with our populace, the undercover Al Qaida soldier who, IMO, is in America at this moment setting up the next two 'big' operations just as he said he was.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by The Norm]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm thinking, besides the large sum of money found in the truck, its probably just dumb luck on behalf of the guys driving.

If they were up to no-good, unless plain stupidity prevails, I could not see them taking the chance of the money being found. To have that amount of cash in their possession, knowing that they would or should be most definitely searched coming and leaving a Nuclear Power Plant, leads me to believe these two were unaware.

Of course, we have all seen stupidity at work before.

new topics

top topics

join