It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does The Bar Mean Under Your Points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I noticed that there is a bar under the spot where it says how many points you have. Some peoples are longer and some are shorter. What does this mean? I am new here and do not know what it is?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
the bar increases with the amount of posts you make. also, the more applause you receive, the redder it becomes

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It means I = > THAN U

It's basically just what ATS uses instead of tacky 'custom titles'. It's just a nice way that someone can instantly detect if you are new/an idiot as soon as you post. I don't think it's that reliable though. The change isn't that huge when you get an applause or make posts. It's better to just ignore the bar and judge someone by their character =).

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Uhh, all I see when I post is the following.

Someone please tell me, is this normal? Whenever I see someone else sign on or anything there is always heaps more stuff, like background images, number of points, current mood, and whether the member is offline or not. Perhaps more, can't remember.

Is this what everyone else sees?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
when you start to acquire points, you can use them for custom backgrounds and colours and stuff like that. some members use some of there points on these but i just choose not to have anything other than a signature. thats why you see the differences in members information on the left. all this is done via the 'memcenter area' button at the top.

is it possible you had low bandwidth mode selected to see the profiles like that? i dont know if that would affect what you are seeing...

[edit on 20-4-2006 by justyc]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
watch_the_rocks it looks like you may have Low Bandwidth Mode activated. Go to your member center here and check the button at the bottom of the ATS store. If it says "Highband", then press it to activate normal bandwidth mode. If it says "lowband" then the problem is something else.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
the bar increases with the amount of posts you make. also, the more applause you receive, the redder it becomes

DANG! I thought the red ones meant people were angry. Here I was all proud for keeping my cool. Turns out, here I'm just a lifeless, gray nonentity. Just like real life...:bnghd:

jk

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ahh, that fixed it. I don't even know what bandwidth is. Is it the amount of space devoted to downloading info? So low-bandwidth would cause ATS to download the minimum of stuff?

Well, anyway, at least it's easier to judge people now, and not having to go and look at their profiles . . .

oh, yay, I just realized I can see sigs! Wow. They can be pretty annoying, huh?

The site seems a lot harder to read like this. I'm tempted to turn hi- off.

[edit on 20/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

top topics

join