It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Impeach Bush Now!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It seemed that you were implying that he was like Hitler...

-- Boat

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The soner, the better.

I still blame the conservative Christians, though, because its their small brained tacticts and paranoia that cursed this country with another 4 years of the Bush Cartel. They were more worried about men marrying men (which would not have happened regardless of president, since public votes in many states outlawed it anyway) than they were the preservation and health of the constitution and our civil liberties. To put it simply, Bush should not be up for impeachment because the little bastard should have never re-elected in the first place.

So now we have him for another term, and already he has screwed up everything from national debt to the war on terror to international relations to the environment. The damage he has done may take years, possibly decades to undo. Even if we impeach him now, the harm has been inflicted. The only thing impeaching him now would do would be perhaps keeping things from getting worse (is that possible?). Impeachment may help at least prevent him from pulling us deeper in the abyss by getting us into a war in Iran.

But by impeaching him, we only remove the flaky skin of the wart. The true power of the axis of evil: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Rice, ect....they will still remain, and little will change. Bush is just a big mouthed gimp who dies what he is told.

To truly do something positive and really save this country from disaster, we need to remove the whole stinking festering sore that is the entire administration.

It would take an act of the goddess.....or an act of congress, to accomplish such a feat.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
It seemed that you were implying that he was like Hitler...

-- Boat

He was and is like Hitler in many, many ways. He has murdered only tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands - so far - so by that comparison he has yet to make his mark.

As they say Boat, if the shoe fits ...

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
President Bush has never "murdered" anyone. If you have any evidence that he did; please bring it foward.

-- Boat

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

President Bush has never "murdered" anyone. If you have any evidence that he did; please bring it foward.

-- Boat

This was just too juicy to leave alone, here you go:

icasualties.org...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, he didn't pull the trigger BUT he is the CIC, right?

How many did Hitler kill BY HIS OWN HAND?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Oh, listen to yourself...shameful.

Presidnet Bush has not ordered the mass killings of innocents. The Congress voted for the War, is everyone in Congress a murderer?

President Bush is not ordering the killing of innocent men, women, and children. President Bush is not ordering the building of hundreds of death campus, where human babies will be burned alive.

Please, why discredit yourself by making these vile comparisions?

-- Boat

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Boat,

If you learn a bit about Hitler and his rise to power, you'll learn that in the 30's he never caused harm to anyone in his own country. His first endeavors were to annex some of the neighboring countries to Germany and he did it for their own good and for the general good of Europe. By the time he had momentum and began to annex every other country in Europe there was little to stand in his way.

An interesting documentary is "World at War" that was created in the 70's with interviews of witnesses and participants in the war and its' atrocities.

There are very few people alive today that can tell how the world was changed forever by the tyrant Hitler. However, there are a few of us who have educated ourselves about the past and would like to warn of the similarities that we see today to tyrrany of the past.

Hitler nearly won control of the World. He did not do it overnight. He did it slowly and methodically. Today, we are lucky that the Brittish stood up to him and that we were brought into the war by the Japanese.

Keep in mind that just because we, as the United States, have always been on the side of freedom in the past, does not mean that we always will be.

Tyrrany that acts in the Name of Freedom is still tyrrany.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Okay, but you saying that it is possible that President Bush will become "a Hitler figure". That does not mean that "Bush is like Hitler". See the difference?

-- Boat

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Or maybe people really do see Bush as hitler, maybe you dont Boat. But people do, and there ain't no amount of disagreement on your part that will change that.
Of course, right now that is an unfair comparison.
But people are watching events unfold and are on their guard.
Never again!.....?

Maybe not quite Hitler, but they have the evil in their ways.
It's undeniable.
Some see it, some don't, simple as that.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Presidnet Bush has not ordered the mass killings of innocents. The Congress voted for the War, is everyone in Congress a murderer?

President Bush is not ordering the killing of innocent men, women, and children. President Bush is not ordering the building of hundreds of death campus, where human babies will be burned alive.

-- Boat

See, the deal is that the comparison is apt regardless of the number of humans killed and mutilated to date. One of the likenesses can be illustrated by the adherence of both Hitler and Bush to a patriotic theme of political isolation from the rest of the civilized world. E.g., the UN sucks, you're either with us or against us!, etc. Hitler also gave the rest of the world the finger. Only Mussolini was initially willing to truck with Hitler. So the Italians were with him (at least the fascist govt.) and the rest paid dearly for their opposition, particularly the French and regional minorities.

Hitler coined the phrase "fatherland" and touted the need to protect it. Sound familiar? Do you think "homeland" is similar? The elevation of everything Germanic was calculated to enflame the patriotism of the German people. To question Hitler was to question the very state of Germanism or who they were and who they had been. Remember, the state of Germany was still overcoming the repurcussions of the Armistice which, following surrender in WWI, required burdensome payments to the victors in WWI which kept their post-war economy from recovering from the economic destitution brought by the Kaiser's ill-conceived war with the rest of humanity. Being German post WWI was a hard thing. The bugling of Hitler that the German people were the chosen Arian perfect beings was irresistible.

Do you now see any analogies to what Bush is doing? The bugling by Bush of American superiority and as doing God's Will (he claims he gets his marching orders directly from God) is quite similar and quite chilling. Hitler also early on with his storm troopers and later with his Gestapo brutally silenced all dissent. If you dissented you were not patriotic. Zionists refer to this as "self-haters" when they criticize Israeli tactics in the West Bank and Gaza Strip regarding the Palestinians. It's a quite effective method of disabling opposition by changing the subject while targeting the "trouble makers" for hatred and isolation. For Hitler it included murder.

Bush now has authority to indefinitely "detain" dissenters simply by categorizing them as terrorist sympathizers. Congress is also considering legislation (which passed the House) whereby any American who provides any assistance to immigrants who are in the US without a visa or green card, etc., with a felony, which means that even a priest or physician or lawyer who ministers to these human beings may be jailed and lose their voting rights.

So by these few comparisons, Boat, I hope you can see that the analogy between Hitler and Bush is really quite appropriate regardless of whether you consider Bush to be responsible for the deaths of anyone at this point. Personally, I believe he and his warmonger pals deserve to be brought up on charges and incarcerated for the harm wreaked by their inept and jingoist policies. Some believe that 9/11 is Bush's Reichstag. I would have to agree with that assessment. It simply makes too much sense not to believe it. But that belief is not necessary to uderstand that Bush's nation invading policies are similar to Hitler's own.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

-- Boat

Well, well. Seems like you've bought the story hook, line and sinker. Is that the best you've got, to call me shameful?

OK, let's look at your arguement:

Innocent men, women and children, like the civilians in Iraq?

The building of death camps, hmm, like Gitmo?

Yes, yes, they aren't necessarily "death camps" but as seattlelaw pointed out, it's early in this game. Again

So, have you got anything else to add to this or will it be more insults from you? BTW, I'm not the one discreditting himself with his posts here.

Edit: Fixed BB code.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by intrepid]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw

the UN sucks

The U.N. does suck. Remeber the "oil for food" scam that took food from millions and lined Saddam's war coffers? Or, the sexual abuse that has just been uncovered in Africa?

Do you think "homeland" is similar?

Sure it is similar, but President Bush had to create a new program to protect America after 9/11. What should he have called it? The Department of Protecting America? Or, The Department of Not Being Attacked??

Hitler also early on with his storm troopers and later with his Gestapo brutally silenced all dissent. If you dissented you were not patriotic.

If you dissented against Hilter the SS would come to your house in the middle of the night, drag you out of your house and kill you. That is not happening in America under the Bush Administeration, suggesting so is flat out false.

President Bush has said many times he weclomes dissent:

I also recognized that some of our fellow citizens and elected officials didn't support the liberation of Iraq. And that is their right and I respect it.

As president and commander in chief I accept the responsibilities and the criticisms and the consequences that come with such a solemn decision.

While it's perfectly legitimate to criticize my decision or the conduct of the war, it is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began.

Link to PBS Newshour

See?

Bush now has authority to indefinitely "detain" dissenters simply by categorizing them as terrorist sympathizers.

False.

Congress is also considering legislation (which passed the House) whereby any American who provides any assistance to immigrants who are in the US without a visa or green card, etc., with a felony

Good, a majority of Americans agree with this. It's good policy.

So by these few comparisons, Boat, I hope you can see that the analogy between Hitler and Bush is really quite appropriate

No, that has not been shown, I hope you see that almost any leader on Earth could be called Hilter if we use your thinking.

-- Boat

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The bush family has always been about war. Did you know one time when bush was in a car with regan "the first bush" he said I think we should drop a nuclear bomb on korea. See where all this was stuff comes from.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It is important to note that the comparisons between Mr. Bush and the Furher did not start here. There have been dignitaries across the world that have said these same things.

Scott Ritter said this about Bush:

Bush was like Hitler, says weapons man

Scott Ritter, a former United Nations weapons inspector, has compared the invasion of Iraq to Hitler's invasion of Poland.He told the Berliner Zeitung newspaper that 130 Americans had died "for a lie", adding: "I see no difference between the invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Poland in 1939."

Both invasions were based on what he said was an artificial argument of self defence. President George W Bush had used the September 11 attacks as Hitler used the 1933 burning of the Reichstag to repress domestic dissidents.

Mr Ritter, who resigned as an inspector in 1998 saying Saddam Hussein's regime was hindering his work, said he did not now believe there were weapons of mass destruction in the country.

Dr. Federico Fasano Mertens said this about Bush:

From Hitler to Bush

March 30th, 2003 "La República del Uruguay" A few days ago I received a letter from Martin Silverstein, the US ambassador to Uruguay, accusing La República, a publication which I am honoured to edit, of "totally lacking any sense of journalistic integrity" by comparing George Bush, the president of his country, to Adolf Hitler, the chancellor of the Third Reich.

I have been unable to reply to him any sooner because the act of piracy which his country has committed, attacking a defenceless and close to disarmed country with the most formidable killing machine that the history of the world has ever known, has forced me to devote more than the usual amount of time to publishing special editions on the slaughter. I also found myself taken up by trying to convict US-trained uniformed torturers who had slandered me, a task which I have only recently been able to bring to completion.
[...]
Unfortunately for the ambassador, however, his wisdom has not spared him the misfortune of having to represent the forty-third president of his nation, George Bush Jr.: a paranoid fanatic intoxicated by messianic passions and dimmer than a slug. A man drunk with power, as he was drunk with alcohol before—and legally condemned for it on 4 September 1976, for driving drunk at full speed. Admonished, too, by none other than the evangelist Billy Graham who told him, "Who are you, to think yourself God?". A militant for the Christian Right, the Texan, Southern Christian right that is. A racist in love with the death sentence, especially when it comes to African-Americans. All in all, the worst US president for over a century, the man who will unleash the greatest tragedies on his own people. The opposite of Homo Sapiens, the incarnation of Homo Demens.

There are even links between Prescott Bush, Mr. Bush's grandfather to Hitler:

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

But yes, like Scherazade, I have more in the next post.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
About the comparisons between Auschwitz and Abu Ghraib:

Comparing Bush to Hitler

Hitler had Auschwitz, Bush had Abu Ghraib and other prisons that reasonable people call deplorable. We don't know yet how many Iraqis have died at the hands of American soldiers at that hellhole and others but British prime minister Tony Blair's own human rights envoy calls American detention of Iraqis a "black hole" where countless numbers of innocent civilians disappear and are never heard from again.

"What concerns me at the moment is that there are so many people in detention. There are thousands and thousands of people, and the numbers seem to be going up instead of down," says Ann Clwyd, who is also a Labor member of Parliament

Clwyd, who Blair sent to Iraq to monitor the number and condition of detainees in Iraq, told a BBC interviewer there was a "black hole" of missing prisoners and said that if the scandal had been taken more seriously from the start by the US, it could have helped prevent the abuse and deaths of detainees in their jails.

Of course, there's President Hugo Chavez's take on Bush:

'Hitler a baby next to Bush'

Caracas - President Hugo Chavez extended his verbal war with Washington, likening US President George W Bush to Hitler while saying he was considering buying enough rifles to arm one million Venezuelans ready to repel a possible US invasion.
[...]
"The imperialist, mass murdering, fascist attitude of the president of the United States doesn't have limits," Chavez said. "I think Hitler could be a nursery baby next to George W Bush."

And then Herta Daubler-Gmelin, German Justice Minister said this about Bush in 2002. However, she apologized later:

American fury as German justice minister compares Bush to Hitler

The White House last night lambasted Herta Däubler-Gmelin, the German justice minister, for describing President Bush's Iraq policy as comparable to the methods of Adolf Hitler.

"Bush wants to divert attention from domestic difficulties," she said. "That is a popular method. Hitler has done that before.'

Ms Däubler-Gmelin's comments are the latest attempt by Chancellor Gerhard Schröder's Social Democrats to pick up votes three days before the most closely fought German election in decades.

She played to the anti-war sentiment of many voters but threatened the worst breakdown in relations between Berlin and Washington since the Second World War.

Wayne Madsen describes what two other world dignitaries had to say about Bush--Nelson Mandela and Mikhail Gorbachev:

World Views: Bush and Hitler
Bush, who is content to win the support of Pentagon stooges in Eastern Europe and neo-fascists elsewhere, has chosen to ignore people like former South African President Nelson Mandela who made no secret of his disgust for Bush when he declared at a women’s forum, “One power with a president who has no foresight — who cannot think properly — is now wanting to plunge the world into a holocaust.”

Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, who did more to bring peace to the world in a couple of years than either of the Bush’s have done in two presidential terms, said last year that George W. Bush is a threat to world peace and that his plans to attack Iraq will destroy the international coalition in the war on terrorism. Former President Jimmy Carter and Nobel Peace Prize laureate warned that a pre-emptive US attack on Iraq would have catastrophic consequences.

If this much concern from around the world has been expressed about Mr. Bush's activities in office being similar to Adolf Hitler's, don't you think that people should pay attention to the comparisons between the two leaders? I think people should...with a great respect of history and current events.

If not, we are doomed to repeat history.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There are so many candidates for "the New Hitler". Granted, Dubya's my favourite, but very soon we'll have Jeb to toy with. And of course there's Evo Morales, and what with Hugo Chavez being smeared...

But I think, in the real world, Jeb's going to be the contender after 2008.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I googled Bush + Nazi and came across this interesting summary of Bush family links
to military industrial business in Germany and China

www.lpdallas.org...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hey Boat,

This is the best summary of the lies of your liege-lord I have yet seen.

He's a traitor and deserves prison.

Read it and weep.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Boatphone: Bush WELCOMES dissent?

Um, he only does scripted speeches. he only takes SCRIPTED questions. He has been the singlemost unapproachable Pres you have had in over 50 years (a tight rein on press conferences, few and far between).

There are fenced "protest zones" where he speaks.

Did you see what happened to that Chinese reporter who was "dissenting" during the meeting between W. and the leader of Communist China. You know, Communist China, terrible human rights violations, etc?

Bush is too stupid to welcome dissent. Without a script in front of him he flounders like the pathetic moron that he is.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wow, you sure did prove your point

President Bush has welcomed dissent. Period.

The President had to meet with the Preisdent of China, it would be foolish not to seeing as China is a very important power, and growing force in the world.

That dissenter was taken away from the joint speech from President Bush and Hu becuase she was interupting the speech, you can't allow people to interupt things like that! Should the President allow people to yell during everyone of his speeches? No! The idea that removing a yeller during a speech is somehow, "not supporting dissent" is abusrd.

Get Real.

-- Boat

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join