It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Chronology 1877-2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Since I've only recently joined this forum, many of you may be be unfamiliar with my work. By way of an introduction, I thought I'd post brief details of the main project I've been working on for about the last two and a half years.

I've recently circulated on the Internet a preliminary draft of a chronology of frequently discussed UFO and SETI related events from 1877-2006 ("Koi Chrono Core" for short).

The Chronology gives the dates of various frequently discussed events, incidents, individuals and documents in the history of ufology and is cross-referenced to related material.

The current draft is approximately 1,800 pages long (much of which is taken up with references).

I have concentrated on references to discussions in UFO and SETI books. As part of the preparation of this document, I have read a little over 1,000 such books noting relevant discussions.

The first link (below) is to a zipped Word copy of the full Chronology, which is about 1.6 Mb. Using a broadband service, this should download in about a second or two:
/re7ae
[koi.com.virtuallystrange.net...]

The next link (below) is to an unzipped copy of the same Word document. This is quite a bit bigger, so I wouldn't recommend trying this one unless you have a rather fast internet connection and don't have unzipping software (or if you, like me until recently, don't know what zipped files are). It is about 9.1 Mb:
/oahe7
[koi.com.virtuallystrange.net...]

The download is free. This document, or extracts from it, may be freely used (including being distributed, printed or cannibalised) for non-commercial purposes subject to a couple of minor conditions, included in the first footnote to the document). If it isn't used, I've wasted quite a bit of time!

This Chronology is intended to act as an efficient way of organising references and hyperlinks to relevant material, in the interests of more fully informed debate and reducing the amount of reinvention of the wheel.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Great work, just browsed the first few lines of the document. I will leave a more detailed feedback once i have read the full document.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Great work, just browsed the first few lines of the document. I will leave a more detailed feedback once i have read the full document.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"The download is free. This document, or extracts from it, may be freely used (including being distributed, printed or cannibalised)
for non-commercial purposes subject to a couple of minor conditions, included in the first footnote to the document). " == IsaacKoi

What an incredible gift you have just made. Seems you have given me a hobby for a couple of evenings, just wading through this.
My first suggestion to you is that you should turn the document into a PDF file which should be about a quarter of its zipped size.
I not only wish to reference this document, I would like to follow your format for many other related things. I do not mean this
to be an insult to either you or rand, but you two seem to me to be a cut above the "normal" ufo researchers. Unfortunately,
I backed off of further posting in rand's forum as some seemed to feel and state that I was contributing nothing but "brown-nosing".
Perhaps the same comment might be made in here later, who knows ?

I do not think it is any sort of pandering to recognize the occasional diamond shining out in a field of fertilizer.
(Way above here !)

[edit on 20-4-2006 by nightwing]

[edit on 21-4-2006 by nightwing]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
What an incredible gift you have just made. Seems you have given me a hobby for a couple of evenings, just wading through this.
My first suggestion to you is that you should turn the document into a PDF file which should be about a quarter of its zipped size.

Hi Nightwing,

Thanks for the kind words and the suggestion of turning the document into a PDF.

John Hayes of the UfoInfo website had the same idea and, with my permission, made the document available as a PDF (see the bottom of the webpage at the link below):
www.ufoinfo.com...

Unfortunately, I think (from memory) that the internal hyperlinks to the endnotes do not work in the PDF version. Without those links, finding the references for each entry in the Chronology is rather time consuming and tedious. Since the references are the main point of the Chronology, personally I much prefer the Word version.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thats great work man !

top topics

join