It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese involved in unrest in the Solomons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
you read the title.

The riots erupted on Tuesday after Snyder Rini was elected as prime minister, with much of the violence directed at the Chinese and Taiwanese community who were accused of rigging the election.

seven.com.au...

I know this is not related to many things Chinese. Though they may now have Fiji. Are they gaining control of the world as we know it? The underground takeover, no one was expexting!

Expect it!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What more can i say? sensitive and uneasy american

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

I know this is not related to many things Chinese. Though they may now have Fiji. Are they gaining control of the world as we know it? The underground takeover, no one was expexting!

Expect it!!!

Last time i was in fiji it was the Indian fijian population that controlled most of the economy not the chinese.

As for the chinese taking over the world in secret, dont think so. I think these chinese people in the solomon islands are second and third generation islanders who i think would have very little in common with mainland china.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Plaease, we're here to deny, not encourage ignorance...just because there are a large number of chinese people in the world and they are ubiquitous does NOT mean they are taking over...a country and its economy are controlled by the government, not the people.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
when the second or third generation chinese in the area have enough sway to control the voting system you know something is up.

yes we must deny ignorance but first you must be open to the idea.

its obvious the fijians feel their being suppressed if they are outwayed by the chinese population on thier own soil.
If the Solomon government develops a very close relationship with the Chinese, who are they going to back in the event of a massive conflict between china and anyone else (namely the US)
The solomons would be a rather strategic implacement to hold for military operations in the southern hemisphere.

Its the small things that are cast aside without a second glance,
its those small things that then become your only second chance.
But oh well you've thrown them out.
All you can do now is scream and shout!

[edit on 21-4-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

its obvious the fijians feel their being suppressed if they are outwayed by the chinese population on thier own soil.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by spearhead]

I think your getting fiji mixed up with the solomon islands here, as per my previous post the other major ethnic group in fiji apart from the indigineous islanders are of indian background.

In the solomon islands the other ethnic group is chinese. Solomon Islanders are not Fijians. These are two seperate countries.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
oki day. i thought they were in the same place.

still.... you catch my drift.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The major root cause seems to not really have anything to do with Chinese business owners but rather the fact that the solomons was one of the six nations in the pacific to recognise Taiwan and not China. Taiwan is said to have paid for this loyalty with public sector investment and kickbacks to politicians, with the new PM Snyder Rini apparently doing quite nicely as Taiwans preferred choice as PM.

So as far as China being behind the whole thing Im sorry but i think youre probably barking up the wrong tree!

new topics

top topics

join