It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid Update

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is what they have to show that the "pyramid" is man made?

They must find something better than that.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Agreed... but then Egyptians may not be the builders of the pyramids either. In that case a lot of so-called smart people are gonna look bad.

We both know that Egyptians dressed in rags and bare feet didn't build the pyramids but why can't the academic world figure it out? It strongly argues for corruption in the academic world coming from the controllers at the top- of the pyramid of world power itself.

The Egyptians didn't run around in rags and bare feet. they were not barely civilized savages. For the record, they wore very finely woven linen and sandals. They had quite an advanced civilization full of knowldge of arcitecture, astronomy, and medicine. They werent illiterate goat herders.

As for this Bosnian pyramid, it could very well be something interesting indeed, if shown to be a pyramid and built ages ago. It would cause historians to re examine history, and indeed deepen the pyramid mysteries in other countries.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I realize that most of this is just a blank slate to folks, and that the impression is that ancestral tribes were maybe wandering around in the forests and shooting animals until someone made them go home and brush their teeth and become civilized - but the area (which is near the Mediterranean) actually has a number of well-defined ancient cultures.

This was an area that the glaciers didn't reach during the last Ice Age. It's also a "land of hill forts." They date to about 400BC-200BC and were overrun by the Romans in 200BC-100BC and the culture was completely Romanized. Here's an example of the forts:
megalithic.co.uk...

The Iron Age Dalmatian Illyrians built the Narona Town Wall Hillfort; again, these are ancient but we're talking 100 AD.
megalithic.co.uk...

A good list (with some photos and links) is at the Megalithic site:
megalithic.co.uk...

So we can see the kinds of structures they're capable of building and what they built at that time. We can look at religious themes and see what kinds of images they drew/painted/built and how they relate to the other cultures of the Mediterranean.
koz.vianet.ca...

THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS ARE SERBIAN BUT ARE THE SAME ANCIENT CULTURES FOUND IN BOSNIA:
www.serbia-info.com...

These cultures were borrowing from one another and designs (buildings and so forth) spread between them and around the area. Materials moved from this area out into the Mediterranean and vice-versa, and there's actually some good documentation and photos (in scholarly magazines and books) about this.

What we don't see is pyramids, or even drawings of pyramids.

Compare that to the Aztecs/Incans/Olmecs, where a tradition of pyramid building arose (in 500 BC or earlier). Because it's a sacred and important thing to the Central American cultures (as it was to the Egyptian), we see these being undertaken as civic works and repeated in other towns and areas. There are hundreds of them left (of all sizes.) They're kind of hard to miss.

600 BC isn't that long ago, and monuments built then usually have most of their bare stones exposed (see the hill forts as an example.)

You have to ask: how did a layer of dirt some 5 feet thick end up on TOP of a "huge pyramid" in just 2600 years... and then you also have to ask why didn't the Romans write about this pyramid (since they were literate at that time) and why didn't the Greeks write about it (ditto) -- it surely would have been visible back then.

Where are the writings? A structure like the "temple of the sun and temple of the moon" (two pyramids in the same valley) in a well-known location aren't simply going to be ho-hummed about.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8

Originally posted by ka47
wow!!! if it's true,what do u guys think it means??

It's a small world afterall, It's a small world afterall..........

Pyramids all over the world, coincidence or not. I say not. I believe that cultures have been navigating the globe and learning from other cultures for far longer than given credit.

It means that the same problem will get the same solution world-wide.

If you want to go up but you haven't invented concrete, steel, rivets or welding then first you have to go out. Without modern engineering height can only be supported by width.

The exact opposite of the Phoenicians digging a canal for Darius. Theirs was the only section not to collapse because they started twice as wide at the top as the projected width of the bottom.

Why do all Formula 1 cars look the same? Everybody is solving the same problems.

Why did early biplanes all look the same? Even the ones that didn't fly.

Why do all Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Ducati GP bikes all look the same?

Why do yurts and kraals look so similar?

Engineering principles are the same no matter where you are and everybody will eventually hit on the same optimum solution independently for that reason.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Good list, Byrd.

Indeed, im sure the Romans and Greeks would have written about it, especially the Greeks, who basically warred with and had contact with the Balkan region.

However, we also must remember that alot of Greek and Roman writing were destroyed when the library of Alexadria was burned, and when Rome was sacked.

It could also be that if this pyramid was built, it might have been built much earlier, and the people who built it vanished long ago. As for the grass and dirt, who knows? perhaps it was brought there to create some sort of mystery garden, like the hanging gardens of babylon or something.

Whatever this structure is, if it is indeed a structure, can only be found out by excavating. Even if it turns out to be a big hill mound or a buried city of some sort, its still worth investigating.

After all, Troy was once thought to be a myth, until they eventually discovered it.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe

Originally posted by Nygdan
Tectonic? Probably not. But it doesn't look man-made.

Probably not? Doesn't look man-made and is not man made is quite different. Apparently you see better then those who are digging, including that Egyptologist who said that stones were connected same way as those in Egypt.

The weather and geology do strange things. Use Google images to find The Giant's Causeway, Ireland.

Now tell me that doesn't look man-made.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
However, we also must remember that alot of Greek and Roman writing were destroyed when the library of Alexadria was burned, and when Rome was sacked.

Are you sure of your dates? Maybe check when the Library burned down, I don't think there could have been that much Roman writing stored there, just Greek, Babylonian and Egyptian.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Are you sure of your dates? Maybe check when the Library burned down, I don't think there could have been that much Roman writing stored there, just Greek, Babylonian and Egyptian.

The Roman records were other places, as you say.

There are many conflicting stories about the Library -- Wikipedia article suggests it was burned about 390 AD:
en.wikipedia.org...

As you suggest, book were copied and distributed, and as new books were written, others were referred to. We have a lot of very old books that refer to even older books which have now vanished.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
moon pyramid

sun pyramid

UNESCO experts shall come to visoko to see the pyramid, they say they are fascinated with this , and if theere is a pyramid after unesco experts confirms the pyramid they shall finance this huge project

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Yeah, as in probably not the result of tectonic deformation, since it looks like regular weathered limestone. Everyone seems impressed with the regularity of the facets. A diamond has regular facets. Limestone can have regular facets. Heck, you can see it clearly right here
img455.imageshack.us...
And here
img382.imageshack.us...

On a larger scale, that weathering produces the steps. From another angle, it produces the 'blocks'.

All we have are the photos, and someone saying 'I am an expert, its man-made'. Sure as hell doesn't look man-made, what is the 'expert' specifically using as evidence that its man made????

Here are Ali Abd Barakat comments:

“In my opinion, it is a type of pyramid, probably primitive pyramid ... (that) we did not know until now”
“It is difficult for nature to create blocks like this and oriented in one orientation,” he said, pointing to compact polished blocks."

He added that sand layers between the blocks were the same type of artificial cement used in ancient Egyptian pyramids. Barakat said detailed study was needed to determine the age of the excavated blocks and the type of the material used, and said more Egyptian archaeologists would join the team in Bosnia.

Read the whole article

The claim was that it doesn't matter that the bosnian pyramid isn't perfect, because even the egyptians made imperfect pyramids. I noted that the imperfect ones were earlier ones that occur in sequence and show the evolution of the structure, whereas here, there's just this one pyramid, sprung up from no where, with no archaeological record, no memory of it, no work-camps, and no civilization to have made it. In egypt it takes an entire course of a civlization to make it. Here, its in the middle of nowhere. If the egyptians needed many attempts, why would these pre-bosnians perfect it at once?

If there is anything there and is covered with couple of feet of soil, isn't there possibility that more should be found at the bottom, where soil would build at faster rate?
I am not an expert, but i can just imagine what soil would do to the stones for 2-3000 of years or more.

I'm not saying that no one is allowed to rut around here. But I sure as heck ain't going to sit around when someone says that this sort of thing
img382.imageshack.us...

Is 'clearly manmade'.

There's nothing preventing the ancient peoples of that era from making pyramids, the egyptians and mayans could do it, so, yeah, why not these people. The problem is, that a somewhat pointy hill made up of normal looking limestone 'doth not a pyramid make'.

Not a lot of hills is as pointy as that one.

Is this pointy hill? Sure it was for those who have built a church on the top, without knowing that they are on an ancient pyramid.

Time will show if there is anything bellow the hill in Visoko. This kind of things require a years of work. Every part of the soil taken from the area is checked before put a side. UNESCO will send their experts for 3 months, and based on their report it might cover future digging in the area.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe

“In my opinion, it is a type of pyramid, probably primitive pyramid ... (that) we did not know until now”
“It is difficult for nature to create blocks like this and oriented in one orientation,” he said, pointing to compact polished blocks."

What polished stone blocks? Surely if they had found some they would post the photos up. All I have seen is stuff that is clearly naturally occuring.

Crvenkapica - as you didn't post any comments with your photos I'm not sure of the point you are making - are you trying to show that it is quite clearly natural? I've done quite a bit of hill walking and this is exactly the sort of rock formations you would see on almost any hillside. Almost all the formations have irregular sides, so I'm not sure how anyone could suggest they were man-made.

I'm also unsure has to the professionalism of the investigation - one photo shows a woman pushing what appears to be a pram through the middle of the dig site. I'm just not waiting for them to find a baby's rattle in their and proclaim "...and these people who built the pyramid also invented plastic!"

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Good list, Byrd.

Indeed, im sure the Romans and Greeks would have written about it, especially the Greeks, who basically warred with and had contact with the Balkan region.

Or at least the Illyrians, who would've been the ones to build this thing.

After all, Troy was once thought to be a myth, until they eventually discovered it.

Indeed, this thing will stand or fall on the structural evidence. THere's allways room for incredible anamolies in history. There's been a lot of research in the balkans, and people can find neolithic settlements, but its allways possible, though here incredibly improbable, that something like this would be missed. It'd be really great though, especially since its 'in plain sight'.

Crvenkapica, great pics, please keep posting them.
Even though there is debate here over this, we are all fascinated.

vietifulJoe
but i can just imagine what soil would do to the stones for 2-3000 of years or more.

It can weather it and make it look like its made up of blocks.

UNESCO will send their experts for 3 months, and based on their report it might cover future digging in the area

Unless there is something more here than we have seen, then UNESCO would be nuts to give major funding to this project.

“It is difficult for nature to create blocks like this and oriented in one orientation,”

It simply isn't. Nothing we have been shown so far is unnatural. Nature can make 'rectilinear' shapes in rocks. The crystalline structure of the minerals that make up the rock will wear and cleave in certain regular ways, and structural features can be alligned throughout an entire region, let alone on one side of a hill.

He added that sand layers between the blocks were the same type of artificial cement used in ancient Egyptian pyramids.

Interesting. Perhaps Crvenkapica can get a detailed pic of these sand layers? Its not at all unusual for different types of rocks to be stacked up on one another. If this egyptian expert thinks its so difficult for rocks to look like blocks, I am really doubtful that he'd be qualified to tell the different between sand-based mortar and sandstone.

needed to determine the age of the excavated blocks

What I would like to see is a geologic map of the area that shows that there aren't any limestones making up the hills and features in the region.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What polished stone blocks? Surely if they had found some they would post the photos up. All I have seen is stuff that is clearly naturally occuring.

/ bosnian-pyramid.com... here you can see polished , stone blocks

Crvenkapica - as you didn't post any comments with your photos I'm not sure of the point you are making - are you trying to show that it is quite clearly natural?

/ no i asm not, i believe that this is a pyramid 100%

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm exciting about this find. Its quite obviously a man made pyramid underneath that hill. For all of you who look at the pictures and say "Is this it?" I have some advice. SHUTUP.

Go to the nearest enormous hill near your house and start digging...see how long it takes you to turn up something. Once they excavate the whole thing you will have to sign back into the this forum and eat your words.

The hill looks like a pyramid. There is evidence of there being something buried there. Not only that, but no less than 4 other hills have been found to have something in it. So its safe to assume there is a pyramid here.

Is everyone on this site so cynical that they can't believe something is true, even in the presence of obvious evidence? Why not be excited about what this discovery could mean?

The only negative I see in it is that the excavation could be compromised, or effected by others who don't want it done. Here's hoping that by this time next year there is a pyramid sitting under the sun in Bosnia, and that all the haters on this forum get over themselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuterSpaceMaster
I'm exciting about this find. Its quite obviously a man made pyramid underneath that hill. For all of you who look at the pictures and say "Is this it?" I have some advice. SHUTUP.

Go to the nearest enormous hill near your house and start digging...see how long it takes you to turn up something. Once they excavate the whole thing you will have to sign back into the this forum and eat your words.

The hill looks like a pyramid. There is evidence of there being something buried there. Not only that, but no less than 4 other hills have been found to have something in it. So its safe to assume there is a pyramid here.

Is everyone on this site so cynical that they can't believe something is true, even in the presence of obvious evidence? Why not be excited about what this discovery could mean?

The only negative I see in it is that the excavation could be compromised, or effected by others who don't want it done. Here's hoping that by this time next year there is a pyramid sitting under the sun in Bosnia, and that all the haters on this forum get over themselves.

I really really really really hope this is a pyramid. I'm not a "hater" or one who can't admit something when I see it. Provided enough evidence, I'll admit nearly anything...

I have seen aboslutely nothing that would say to me, "Pyramid!" other than the shape of this thing from certain angles. The rocks are not convincing to me, most of them look natural, as a lot of people have said. Give us a little something more to work with other than some rocks several feet below dirt. Show us a corner, tool markings, something that would tell us for sure that it's a pyramid where we don't have to use our imagination to see it.

The only thing I think it's safe to assume regarding this, there might be a small chance it's something.

Give me an area with the same type of terrain, and I'll dig into a hill and find something. As a matter of fact, I can find many 'hills' here in Oklahoma where if I dug into them, I would find a bunch of rocks, that are somewhat squared off even. There is a place near where my grandmother lives that has a place called Buzzards Roost. Ontop of this hill there is a bunch of rocks. They are very square in nature, look like they are even stacked ontop of eachother, but guess what... It's natural.

I just don't think everyone should believe everything they hear or see as fact without enough evidence, and to me, this isn't enough evidence to be anything but a small possiblity, but I am keeping an open mind.

As stated earlier in this thread I believe, there WAS something built on this hill at one point, but it wasn't a pyramid.

The "Moon Pyramid" looks more interesting than the "Sun Pyramid" to me. But again, that is an awful lot of earth ontop of those rocks.

Just my .02

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Ecidemon]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crvenkapica

/ bosnian-pyramid.com... here you can see polished , stone blocks

Actually, THAT picture is a pretty strong case for "nature did it."

Human made blocks are very even in form and shape. Not one huge slab and a lot of little ones and middle sized ones. The rocks that make up the walls of the stone forts (1000 BC and on) are even in size. They are the size that can be carried easily by a man.

They don't make them all sizes and shapes.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Excellent geological-archaeological analysis.

All pointy hills sort of look like pyramids, this one isn't anything special in terms of shape. Rocks can certainly weather to look like rectangular blocks, and most of the photos here don't even shown regular rectangular blocks. There has not been any clear evidence of a pyramid being in this location, period.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by NygdanThere has not been any clear evidence of a pyramid being in this location, period.

Nor has there been any evidence to say it isnt, lets save our holier than thou attitudes for when a decent excavation has taken place (which takes time) before claiming it one way or another. I'm hoping it is something, whether ancient fort, pyramid or something else. Surely anyone interested in history would be hoping for the same, unless of course your just one of those people who likes to shoot everyone else down in flames.

Cheers
M4S

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
wether nature is responsible or it is indeed man made i still think this is a great find and the pics are cool

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

SHUTUP?

Why do you want me and others to SHUTUP?

Only because we have a different opinion?

I was only 12 years old when the 48 years long dictatorship that ruled over Portugal was put to an end but I remember that in those times we had to SHUTUP.

People could not assemble in groups with more than 2 people in the streets, if they did the police would come and would ask for a permission to hold such a reunion. As the regime did not issued those permissions to the public, the group of more than 2 people would have to separate and SHUTUP, or they could be thrown in jail.

People could be thrown in jail indefinitely if they say something that the regime did not like, and if they did not SHUTUP they would be SHUTUP forever, like they SHUTUP the general Humberto Delgado.

In those times people had to accept what they told them and SHUTUP against all they saw and heard.

If someone would get a book where a opinion about anything was against the regime's opinion that people would be called a revolutionary, arrested and made SHUTUP.
That almost happened to my father, if it wasn’t for a colleague that took away the book that my father had in his coat while the police was talking to him he would have stayed in jail more than one night.

So, if you want someone to SHUTUP about something you better show that someone something that really proves that you are right and they are wrong, or else get a police force behind you to help you SHUTUP all the people who have a different opinion.

PS: do you know if I would be glad, sad, happy or angry if they prove that the hill really is a pyramid?
The fact that I am sceptic about the find show nothing of what I think about the importance of such a discovery.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join