It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid Update

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doug Weller

This guy has no experience of archaeology. He talks about Lemuria and Atlantis. Why should real archaeologists spend time and money (theirs it would be, no one would fund them) with this? Not that it won't happen, I hope that one or two will get out there when they have a chance.

Are you saying that there are no archaeologists, scholars or scientists that believe that Atlantis or Lemuria existed. I have come across many examples of intelligent, well credentialled and qualified people believing in the existence of Atlantis. Or are they only plausible if they share your opinion. Just asking.

M4S

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donner
However, what we have is someone stating with 100% certainty that the hill is indeed a pyramid, ........

This project seems at times more of a PR campaign than an archaeological dig.

Now dont get me wrong, there may very well be something there - though I personally feel the chances are slim. However they way they are going about it sends up some red flags to me.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Donner]

Well Donner, I trust the following gives cause to change your flag to either a neutral Yellow, or gangbuster Green.

An Egyptian geologist who arrived to check on claims by an amateur researcher that a hill in central Bosnia is hiding an ancient pyramid said Wednesday the structure is man made and worth investigating.

www.archaeologynews.org...:%20Bosnian%20Hill%20an%20Ancient%20Pyramid

''My opinion is that this is a type of pyramid, probably a primitive pyramid,'' said Dr. Aly Abd Alla Barakata, a geologist from the Egyptian Mineral Resource Authority.

OR

www.archaeologynews.org...

Aly Abd Alla Barakat, of the Egyptian Mineral Resources Authority, believes large stone blocks found near Sarajevo were man-made and polished in the same way as the pyramids of Giza, said the Bosnian Pyramid Foundation's Mario Gerussi.

"Barakat has also found the presence of a special material linking the stone blocks which is identical to that used for pyramids in Giza," he added.

Barakat had extensive knowledge of the pyramids in Giza and had been recommended for the Bosnian mission by Zahi Hawass, one of the world's foremost Egyptologists, said Gerussi.

You see, EXPERTS ARE CONFIRMING THE CLAIM. And you can not dismiss these EXPERTS, since they are the Basis of everything considered true and accurate in Egypt today.

I thought you may have needed some support. Red is a tacky color this time of year.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Are you saying that there are no archaeologists, scholars or scientists that believe that Atlantis or Lemuria existed.

Definitely not Lemuria. I think the theory of plate tectonics is pretty well firmly established now and the hypothetical landbridge between India and Madagascar no more believed in that the idea the world is flat

And whilst some do believe that Plato based his account of Atlantis on a real place (such as Thera), I doubt any serious archaeologist, scholar or scientist believes it was actually as described: a huge continent in the Atlantic that sank 12,000 years ago after it's army had been defeated by Athens....

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Definitely not Lemuria. I think the theory of plate tectonics is pretty well firmly established now and the hypothetical landbridge between India and Madagascar no more believed in that the idea the world is flat

And whilst some do believe that Plato based his account of Atlantis on a real place (such as Thera), I doubt any serious archaeologist, scholar or scientist believes it was actually as described: a huge continent in the Atlantic that sank 12,000 years ago after it's army had been defeated by Athens....

You doubt it, thats o.k. If you are speaking for the entire scientific community i would like to see your evidence for that statement. There are numerous well respected members of the scientific community that are still keeping an open mind on this subject. I dont claim to have the answers but i am certainly not arrogant enough to dismiss continued research and discussion. Thats your call. Intellagencia have never gotten it wrong before have they!!!

Cheers
M4S

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You doubt it, thats o.k. If you are speaking for the entire scientific community i would like to see your evidence for that statement. There are numerous well respected members of the scientific community that are still keeping an open mind on this subject.

I wasn't aware on any scientific research or discussion on the possiblity that Athens was a major Bronze Age society 12,000 years ago .....

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Essan]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If you are speaking for the entire scientific community i would like to see your evidence for that statement.

Originally posted by mojo4saleThere are numerous well respected members of the scientific community that are still keeping an open mind on this subject.

And I would like to see your evidence for that statement!

Harte

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

EXACTLY!! How can we call it the 'Bosnian Pyramid' if the facts are not all in yet?

It is pyramid shape. The guy who first claimed that is real pyramid spent a lot of time studying pyramids...

We suspect there MAY be a manmade pyramid type structure beneath that mountain and are attempting to investigate further. First we plan on doing a complete historical survey of the mountain and identify what known structures/sites exist and approximately when they were created. We will then start a small dig in an area where there are no previous structures known to exist. In our excavation site we have come across a number of stones that may not be naturally occuring formations. Further analysis will be required for confirmation. The possible formations have not been dated yet, so it is too early to say if they are evidence of an actual pyramid or if the remains of a previously unknown settlement/structure have been found...

Actually I am surprised that he got papers to dig at all. There are some old graves from the time of first Bosnian Kings on the top of it.
In November last year they did analysis from the 2 places I believe, and they said that believe there is something that is possibly man maid.

However, what we have is someone stating with 100% certainty that the hill is indeed a pyramid, a 'fact' that was broadcast all over the news before any physical evidence for it has been gathered. In their minds, anything they find will be evidence of a pyramid, since they've already decided that is there.

At least it looks like pyramid. How different is what he has done from you saying it's not. Oh, I remember. It is different! He was there, while you talking from the top of your head.

This project seems at times more of a PR campaign than an archaeological dig.

Now dont get me wrong, there may very well be something there - though I personally feel the chances are slim. However they way they are going about it sends up some red flags to me. Its seems their initial main concern was to sway public opinion as to what they WOULD find before they even went in and found ANYTHING.

The whole project is not professional, but lately some countries did send some professional historians. (One of them came from Greece)

They just found some more stones at other mountain. It looks also man maid.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
Well Donner, I trust the following gives cause to change your flag to either a neutral Yellow, or gangbuster Green.
Shane

Actually, I think it explains the point I was trying to make rather well.

The three links you provided were all referencing the same story, a single egyptian geologist. What i got from the articles is that the egyptian basically stated that what was unearthed appeared to him to be man made and warranted further investigation. Fine, it is possible that they DID unearth something manmade... but is it a pyramid? Or is it the remains of a medieval fort, maybe a Roman road?
Or, as stated in one of the links you provided:

Link

A petition signed by 22 Bosnian experts pointed out that Osmanagic is an amateur and claimed that the stone blocks he unearthed are part of a medieval graveyard.

These articles also seem to gloss over the fact that a team of Bosnian geologists already had done a survey of the area and found it to be a natural formation, as Doug Weller provided in the link in his post above.

I'd be interested to see under what circumstances the egyptian was brought in... was it to look at what they had found so far and form an unbiased opinion? Or was it to look at what had been unearthed so far of the 'bosnian pyramid'? What exactly does an egyption geologist add that a team of Bosnian geologists lack other than being unfamiliar with the area and its history?

Regarding the 'Special material linking the stone blocks': well... mortar, a mixture of plaster and sand, is used just about any time stones are used in buildings, it is not unique to pyramids.

No, i'm sorry but the red flags remain. Worked stone can be there for a variety of reasons: fortifications, roads, or as the Bosnian experts claim - a medieval graveyard. I am just of the opinion that conclusions should be drawn AFTER a full investigation has been done and evidence is available for analysis, not before.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
has there been any attempt to map out the structre of the hill using sound waves. Or any other form of wave imagery?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by enthuziazm
has there been any attempt to map out the structre of the hill using sound waves. Or any other form of wave imagery?

Dunno, but I have found a better map of Visocica, posted on the Bosnianpyramid.com website:

Judge for yourself whether it appears to be a pyramid with 4 equal sides aligned to the cardinal points....

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here is the link for live cam of Visocica.

I don't see much work on this cam...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

..... I think the theory of plate tectonics is pretty well firmly established now .....

If you think that way, you should probably see this thread, and you will find out that plate tectonics is not so well established, in fact, it is a theories that fails explaining many geological events and observations.

Take a look:
"tectonics - it's time we remove this nonsense from our schools"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crustas

[edit on 30-5-2006 by crustas]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by crustas

..... I think the theory of plate tectonics is pretty well firmly established now .....

If you think that way, you should probably see this thread, and you will find out that plate tectonics is not so well established, in fact, it is a theories that fails explaining many geological events and observations.

Take a look:
"tectonics - it's time we remove this nonsense from our schools"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crustas

I'm well aware of that thread.

What I should have said is "pretty well firmly established amongst geologists and all other earth scientists"

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am not expert in geology; neither am I an expert geologist or scientist.

Is this created by those tectonic movements?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Or, as stated in one of the links you provided:

Link

A petition signed by 22 Bosnian experts pointed out that Osmanagic is an amateur and claimed that the stone blocks he unearthed are part of a medieval graveyard.

These articles also seem to gloss over the fact that a team of Bosnian geologists already had done a survey of the area and found it to be a natural formation, as Doug Weller provided in the link in his post above.

I'd be interested to see under what circumstances the egyptian was brought in... was it to look at what they had found so far and form an unbiased opinion? Or was it to look at what had been unearthed so far of the 'bosnian pyramid'? What exactly does an egyption geologist add that a team of Bosnian geologists lack other than being unfamiliar with the area and its history?

Regarding the 'Special material linking the stone blocks': well... mortar, a mixture of plaster and sand, is used just about any time stones are used in buildings, it is not unique to pyramids.

No, i'm sorry but the red flags remain. Worked stone can be there for a variety of reasons: fortifications, roads, or as the Bosnian experts claim - a medieval graveyard. I am just of the opinion that conclusions should be drawn AFTER a full investigation has been done and evidence is available for analysis, not before.

First, sorry for doble post, but I missed this post while reading first time this topic.

Most of 22 experts never came in Visocica since Osmanagic claimed the mountain is pyramid. Pettition was made because on the top of mountain there is necropolis (I mentioned it multiple times) and some of the old geologiest are sure that they will destroy them to prove there is a pyramid bellow there.

Also, this is over half year old. Dr. Amer Smailbegovic is posting @ Cyberbulevar's forum (link) under nick Smailbeg. I believe that he was also there first days of dig.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
bosnian sun pyramid

walls of the bosnia sun pyramid

Bosnian Moon pyramid

and stone blocks of the moon pyramid

moon pyramid

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Lots of the pictures of supposed stone look like badly eroded limestone pavement to me. That would be entirely natural and not that unlikey on a hill.

And just for the sake of it.... where is the infrastructure to support the buliders of these pyramids? And ther cities to live in.... and so the list goes on.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think that if you look at the picture above of the stone blocks going up the hill, you'll notice that they are INDEED set next to each other, and all are square. This is NO natural formation. Those blocks were placed there by whomever built that pyramid. I say they should just tear all the trees off of that "hill" and see what appears. Then we'll really know what's up there.

TheBorg

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
And just for the sake of it.... where is the infrastructure to support the buliders of these pyramids? And ther cities to live in.... and so the list goes on.

Take a look at the bottom of the hill. There's a valley down there with towns in it. That's where the people that built this pyramid lived while building it. This logic only stands to reason. They should do some digs in the valley for artifacts, as that might yield some more vital information as to who we're dealing with.

TheBorg

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It would take more than a town to build that thing.
A whole civilisation in fact. Which has managed to entirely disappear.
Look at Egypt or Mexico for examples of what a pyramid building civilisation needs.
Or Rome for what even more sophisticated works need.

That 'pyramid' is a rather attractive hill with a Roman fort on top.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join