It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid Update

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have partially read this thread and noted that the majority consider that Semir Osmanagigh(?) is a fraud and is lying about the findings in Bosnia.
I have just attended the Megalithomania conference in Glastonbury U.K which Semir attended and presented at. For the very impressive presentation he was greatly respected by a range of archaeologically involved people. He showed how the site in Bosnia has had substantial excavation now and that he invites people from anywhere to come and see what is happening and see the evidence with their own eyes.
He and the team there found a petroglyph rock which when overlaid on the valley showed not only the positions of rivers and hills but also showed the position of the tunnels that enter the largest structure. When this 'map' was applied in practice they were able to uncover that a network of tunnels exists under the valley and have already excavated enough to have conclusive evidence.
Now Semir is waiting for Radio Carbon dating of wood found in a tunnel, that had been buried there for thousands of years, to be finally cross-referenced by a dating lab in the U.K. He has dating done by Polish and German labs and their dating says the wood is at least 35,000 years old! As Semir points out, when he has the final dating information he will publish and prove to the world that he is not lying.
He says that he has a team of archaeological experts from Egypt and other countries working with him, and none of them are in any doubt about the find. The pictures that Semir shows in his presentations leave no room for doubt to anyone who as spent any amount of time in megalithic sites, so why would anyone want to devote time to debunking the evidence? Interesting to note that the Bosnian govt have been petitioned from various establishments and governments to 'stop the excavations'. Why?
Easy answer: because the find predates all other pyramid sites in the world, the structures are much bigger that others in the world, and so the conclusion is that the assertions of Hancock and others that sophisticated civilisations have existed on this planet for far longer that has been admitted, that vast amounts of conclusive evidence show that they have, and that many official stories of the establishment are lies and WRONG!
There are perhaps thousands of people who stand to lose a great deal when the truth is known! not only that but the truth will subvert the authority of rulers and demand the restructuring of educations systems.
As for the sites of excavation in Bosnia are concerned, it is completely obvious to anyone who knows anything about megalithic sites that the pavements, corner stones, terraces, pyramid edges/corners, tunnels etc are real human-made structure. There are stones of 10 tons laid in straight lines being uncovered under forest. There are perfectly cut pieces of stone at various angles which are definitely NOT natural formations. There are up to 5 layers of 5-10 ton stones all perfectly faced and laid at various angles to each other. Nature does NOT do this! There are tunnels that show thousands of years of water and other damage with side tunnels that have been filled with other stones deliberately. When excavated, various parts of the tunnels have revealed large stones with petroglyphic carvings and evidence of what must be the oldest written language!
All around Bosnia there are stone spheres cut from basalt, sandstone and even granite, dated as thousands of years old and requiring advanced tools to have been cut. The findings of Semir and his team are not the only evidence of megalithic culture in Bosnia at all. People who know anything about the subject also will know about the pyramids in many countries including many that cannot be excavated and are even guarded and access denied.
There is a conference in Sarajevo in August which will include guided tours around the sites and findings and will be attended by leading Egyptian archaeologists as well as many more.
There is more!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

As for the sites of excavation in Bosnia are concerned, it is completely obvious to anyone who knows anything about megalithic sites that the pavements, corner stones, terraces, pyramid edges/corners, tunnels etc are real human-made structure.

It would appear you obviously don't know anything about megalithic sites! Sorry to be harsh but the non-reality of the Bosnian pyramids is staggering.

Semi is a either a self-deluded fool or a fraud, I haven't decide which yet.

[edit on 19/5/08 by Hanslune]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Reading a few more of the responses to the subject in this thread, I get the impression that folk here are easily influenced by the debunkers and their controllers.
Do folk here also believe that all native Americans came from Siberia about 15,000 years ago, that human culture went from cave men to pyramid builders in about 3,000 years after the ice age, that irregular-shaped stones as big as houses were dragged up to Machu Picchu by hand, that the Olmec had no metal tools to carve their basalt stones, that Giza is just a bunch of tombs, and so much other dis-proven rubbish from the archeology establishment? If so, I really am in the wrong place!
Just imagine for a moment what the effect is to Semir, of being told by people, who have not seen the evidence and have not visited the sites, that he is a fraud. What does it serve him to continue if there is so much doubt? Why spend years and so much money in excavation of a fraud? Why get carbon dating done? Why invite archaeological students and experts to come and see for themselves and help with the work?
In other words, he and thousands of others have seen the overwhelming evidence and are utterly convinced of the truth of it and are continuing with the work because it is so obvious. Semir says that the work will probably go on for decades because there is so much to be done.
I have seen the film and photos of the excavations of the very flat pyramid sides, corners, tunnels, petroglyphs, large cut stones, etc, far more than were available when this thread began, or were available on 2007, and I have no doubt whatsoever. Which is why I will consider going to Sarajevo if I can find the funds.
After the Megalithomania conference, it is certain that a number of people who have extensive experience and qualification will be there in Sarajevo in August and will report back their findings. Then the speculation based on devious debunking can be over - can't it!?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by B sirius

No, actually we are easily convinced by evidence. The evidence that the so called pyramids are natural features that feature some workings by man, in the form of Roman and Medieval sites, is much stronger than the evidence for ancient pyramids built by a lost culture. The fellow whent in there with his head in the clouds and dreaming, and hasn't stopped. He's also destroying known sites that havn't been fully documented yet. He's not a archaeologist, he's some digging for dreams and messing up what's already there and amazing.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Could you produce some evidence that shows your opinion is worth the effort of actually paying an attention.

Looking around the web it would be easy to find but you just appear too lazy to produce any of it.

try this one

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by B sirius

Did Osmanagic explain how his pyramids managed to get covered in natural bedrock such that no evidence of manmade construction has yet been found? Or how the builders managed to remove every trace of their existence such that the best potential evidence Os currently has to support his conjecture is a piece of wood he allegedly found in a tunnel?

All Os and his team have done is dig up Medieval and Roman Period archaeology and clean-up existing natural bedrock to give it a manmade appearance.

That's why we don't believe him

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Wow, Essan. You're an expert on this?
I love this board, especially hearing from people who comment on discoveries as though it is well-trodden ground. Moreover, I would wager that if someone were to grant you research funds you would stake your reputation on what you believe this site to be, no?

Just curious.

Additionally, and as a side note, this guy is overzealous, is sloppy and in general, probably not the most integrity-filled researcher for this massive undertaking. Kinda like watching a kid in a candy store really, if you look back on the history of his "dig", but one thing sticks in my mind as critical to understanding what's going on here: since no one else has come up with a viable replacement plan and theory, he's there. As reasonable as the statements have been made against this guy, everyone of them is a pot-shot unless it is backed by an equally forceful amount of evidence presented in a way that would physically drive Osmanigic from the dig. Somehow, with what he's discovered so far, I'm betting that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Until I hear somebody step in with a paper, a career-representative presentation stating how truly crazy he is, Dr. O is in charge.

I say, buy some popcorn and watch the show. This one's gonna leave a mark.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Also, just to be clear, which exact period are you referring to, Essan? Dates? Related archeological finds? Are there existing findings that point directly to the graves/monuments that these hills might be? If you know of a researcher that has compiled this information in one convenient website that everyone can easily link to, that would be super.
I'll bet people who could provide valid arguments countering the pyramid debate could be made into a sort of hero amongst the academic community who obviously finds this guy an annoyance, right?

I enjoy seeing debate, but what I like even more is substance and not bluster.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'll provide evidence when Osmanagic does

The history of the area is well known. The main hill Os dug up was the site both or a Roman signal station and a medieval fortress. Early pictures posted by Os appeared to show broken medieval gravestones. Most just show natural geology.

It's up to him to prove the hills are manmade and date to before conventional historical dates, not for anyone else to prove the negative
And he's had a couple of years now will nil results ......

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That is the weakest response ever, and the most cowardly I've ever heard from someone claiming to have a superior position over someone else.

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Follow up (to my own rant):

You also don't need to disprove something or supply a negative in order to confront a theory. You can also supply a competing theory that is overwhelmingly more convincing with evidence so positive and cumulative that is eclipses the existing one.

Got any of that? Or is it just more five shots for a dollar at the carnival for you? I hear they're giving away giant, plush step pyramids for anyone who can shoot out the entire center of the target in 10 shots....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You can read here about what some of the actual scientists who have been on the site have to say.

irna.lautre.net...

I'm not really sure what you're getting at in your replies to Essan, it seems like you are saying the onus is on him to prove that a Hill is actually in fact... a Hill.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by twiggz
reply to post by Essan

Wow, Essan. You're an expert on this?

Essan's pretty well informed. But, if you like, here's an index of comments (on another board) that talk about the geology from a Real Geologist who was there and looked at the hills Osmanagic is trying to shape into pyramids:
www.hallofmaat.com...

I hope you'll go throught htis thread more thoroughly and look at the links to the (I think it's in here) gravestones and the skeletons (which Osmanagic admits are now missing) plus the links to the frustrated publications by archaeologists and the World Heritage Center, trying to stop his damaging the real ruins there.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The default in science is that something is considered natural unless proven otherwise.

If not we'd have to debunked several hundred pyramid shaped mountains in Europe alone.

The claimer has the onus of proof.

One of the key missing items are pottery shards - pottery is the primary food storage device of civilizations - and its virtually indestructible and very easy to find.

Civilizations produced billions and billions of pottery shards.

Any unknown pottery shards around these "pyramids"? nada

[edit on 4/6/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

I shouldn't have to prvide proof, I just read through the thread form the first to last page. The fellow stepped off the plane and edecided the mounts were pyramids, despite not even local legends claiming them as anything other than hills.
He then basically took a backhoe to the area to proove his theory and ruined other sites. Even if he was finding stuff, he's destroying and loosing evidence from the other sites and basically dessicating the grave sites.
True, real archeologists open graves to study, but they make dang sure that the bones are handled carefully and are on occasion reburied. He's lost them.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Howdy Runespider

This will play out as a bad example of corruption, greed and sheer stupidity.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Corruption and stupidity, sure. But the fellow is helping the local economy somewhat, so it's not all bad. Or at leadt the interest he was generating was, last I read. So there is that.
And if that was all there was to it, him doing some digging, I wouldn't mind, he throws around money and the people of the area benefit.
But at the same time people are duped in, he's damaging legimate sites, and casung trouble when people try to gently walk him off or at least contrain or better his methods of digging, so as not to do harm to the aforementioned sites.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm a geologist and achamed by the narrow views of todays colegues... In the bosnian pyramids case, I see real arguments (proves in the form of photografs, videos, studies, etc...) only from the pyramid theory defendants.
From the scheptics I only see adjectives and a few rare photos that seem to bee chosen very carefully to ilustrate 0 field work for the 'detractors' theory.
Long before the bosnian pyramid theory surfaced in 2006, already lots of hard work geologists had came up with the idea that perhaps ancient civilizations knew how to make concrete blocks...
But today, geologists (and archeologysts) still hang to XIX theories of datation on the most important facts of thryre arguments... Recent history proves thet the discoverys analysed with recent datation methodes dont 'stick' to the most 'established' conceptual models.
The Romans had the perfect waterproof cement (withs as good caracteristics as todays technology, but with mutch longer livetime!) since the beggining of they're history! How is that possible with current acepted theories?!

Blind the humans
creatures that lose everything
the more they work
for all that

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crvenkapica

Okay, this photos were originally posted a VERY long time ago. But when I was on holiday in Sihanoukville I saw something that immediately reminded me of this. So I had to take some photos...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, we all know the Khmers built some pretty impressive (artistically, if not necessarily architecturally) monuments up there in Siem Reap, but maybe, just maybe this is evidence of the great precurser to Angkor, Funan. Maybe this is proof that the Mon-Khmers, or the other various ethnicities that went into Funan really were Atlanteans or Sundalandians or something...

Maybe we should all get down to Kbal Chey waterfall with our front-end loaders and start digging...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Alot of it looks like dolmens similar to what was found in Russia as mentioned in the ringing cedars books.

It is not unsual ancient anncestors left us history knowing future history will be distorted.

crvenkapica alot of photos you posted in external links have been removed. I wonder if there is a reason for this, why the websites removed the pictures.

If this ends up not being a pyramid then im upset they have opened up a scar and wounded the earth, took away part of its natural beauty and left it in an ugly ruin, with more oxygenic trees removed.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join