It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid Update

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
anyone wana go on an excavation in antarctica ?.....LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Excellent points, really, but we'd need a geologic map and an idea of the botany of the area for more information. Given the process of soil formation (it tends to run downhill), I would expect the soil layers near the top to be thinner and the ones toward the bottom to be thicker... which sorta matches the vegetation pattern. Also, this should be a limestone based soil, which will restrict which plants can grow there.

Just to add to that: wouldn't the amount of sunlight in a particular area affect the vegetation? Surely the South facing side of hill would get the most sunlight in the summer and therefore simply have more vegetation than the north side? I know from lots of hillwalking myself that the amount and type of flora is often different on one side of a hill from the other - some plants like lots shade, some like lots of sun. At high altitudes this is more noticeble as one side could be perma-frost and the other lush grass and flowers (in the summer at least).

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
Is it possible to provide the following:

1) Top down/aerial view of the sun pyramid with the compass overlayed - this would give more accuracy regarding its orientation.

2) A picture of the Sun pyramids south face.

I know you were not speaking to me, but here you have (maybe) what you want.

1) Photo with superimposed topographical map and cardinal points, taken from page 4 of the Scientific Report May 2006

2) This is the south side of the Hill.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks ArMaP.

Yes, the top-down is good but is it possible to overlay the sun pyramid on the map?

I mean the sun pyramid has definite corners and it would be interesting to see the aerial view of these defined corners with the map and, subsequently, the four points of the compass.

The south face is interesting...I know you have folage that overlays everything else but what would cause that massive amount of dirt to be against the south face?

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
Yes, the top-down is good but is it possible to overlay the sun pyramid on the map?

Sorry, but I do not understand what you want.

That picture shows the supposed pyramid, identified by the name of the hill, Visocica, in that picture.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well, technically, they're ALL pyramids. The definition of a pyramid is: a polyhedron having a polygonal base and triangular sides with a common vertex. Therefore, all can be classified as such. Now, whether they were man-made or not is still up for debate. I say the south side of that one is bulged like that because it may have been unfinished. Maybe those that were building it, provided someone DID build it, were building up one side at a time, and just didn't finish. Just an idea.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Or maybe that side was more affected with bad weather conditions and strong cold northern winds.

But it is the fact that if pyramid is really man-made, it is or incomplete, or there is something on the south side such as entrance, ceremonial ground or something else. Or it is as TheBorg suggested - unfinished.

In any case, I think that search should continue, and with more time we will see more proof that it is man made or it is not man made. In either case, it will take some time.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm sure this is NOT news to many of the posters in this thread, but I thought these photo's were interesting and related to the topic, so I'll post it here for others.

A beautiful Spanish church built on a hilltop in Mexico, circa 1600.

The other side of the hill... The largest pyramid ever discovered. About 1/3 larger than the Great Pyramid of Giza.

A model of the pyramid and temple complex under the hill.

I'm not saying this is proof of a buried pyramid in Bosnia, just that there are striking paralells between the sites and that it's not unprecedented for pyramids to be covered over.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know people are kind of 50/50 on all that Bosnian Pyramid talk and bringing this up now might not be a god idea but I was wondering if anybody has ever heard about the brazilian pyramids . A long time ago ( around 1973 ) people were talking about them back in Brazil , but I don't think anybody cared much about the topic . I hope they decide to investigate that aswell . Here's the only image I could find ( trust me , it was hard ) :

Look how "pointy" it is . Is like nothing natural . And there are actually 2 of these !

Here's some further reading on the person that started it all : Karl Brugger

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That picture isn't evidence of pyramids in Brazil! Gods, aliens? Are you joking

Whoever said that the hill where the 'moon pyramid' is supposed to be has never been inhabited, sorry, I find that very hard to believe. People have lived everywhere possible, even in very inhospitable spots. Maybe no towns, but surely families, etc.

As for Dario Andretta --except for his PhD, all his titles are self-rewarded by the private organisation he founded and maybe owns, and that he calls a university although it can't award degrees that are recognised in Italy.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
24 June 2006

Barakat: ‘This is man-made pyramid’

The two Egyptian scientists working at the Bosnian pyramids - geologist Barakat and archeologist Lamia El Hadidi – have made some of their findings public prior to completing their work at the site. They conclude that there are ancient man-made structures in the Visocica Hill region.

When he first arrived in Bosnia, geologist Barakat said that Visocica Hill was probably ‘some kind of primitive pyramid’. After more than a month working at the site, his opinion remains unchanged.

Barakat said, “For me, as a scientist and geologist, there’s still no doubt that this is man-made. I think that humans cut, polished, reshaped and formed stone blocks [that form the pyramid), bringing them here and adding them to the existing hill in order to give the shape of a pyramid to the hill.”

Archaeologist El Hadidi added that a large archaeological site has been found on the so-called Pyramid of the Moon, near to the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun. She said they were unable, at this stage, to date the site, saying that further research is needed. However, she confirmed earlier conclusions that this site also represents a pyramid. “It is really impossible that nature creates shapes like this. Maybe one, but not three or four sides of the hill as we have here. There is still a lot of work to be done here, if we want to unveil all the secrets of this valley.”

Scepticism about the existence of the pyramids remains within parts of the scientific community. This may be partly because the site in Bosnia does not represent our traditional image of pyramids - as in Egypt - but a different kind of structure where stones have been placed around an existing hill to form the shape of a pyramid.

A complex of manmade tunnels has also been found at the site. It has been suggested that the tunnels may connect the three pyramids. In one of the tunnels, a large polished monolith has been found with unknown carved inscriptions including arrows and a shape similar to our letter ‘E’.

from press conferance

osmanagich with barakat and al hadidy

3 steps of the moon pyramid
www.bosnian-pyramid.com...

stone blocks on the moon pyramid, under the soil
www.bosnian-pyramid.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crvenkapica
24 June 2006

Barakat: ‘This is man-made pyramid’ ...

A complex of manmade tunnels has also been found at the site. It has been suggested that the tunnels may connect the three pyramids. In one of the tunnels, a large polished monolith has been found with unknown carved inscriptions including arrows and a shape similar to our letter ‘E’....

I wonder why they only have 3 pictures of this "Complex of manmade tunnels" (And only showing the "large polished monolith") on their webiste, but yet they have a myriad of photos of seemingly natural rocks. Seems to me this would be a pretty significant discovery. I also don't know if I would go so far as to call them 'inscriptions', as it appears to me there is only 3 or 4 'things' scratched in a rock; I'd like to see more of these unknown inscriptions, surely this wouldn't have been the only place they did this in their 'complex of manmade tunnels'.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
long time lurker to the forums and first post here

Well i'm Filipino and I remember 10 years ago when i went back to visit the Philippines (Grew up in Canada) I visited a place called Chocolate Hills in Bohol which had Dome like hills stretching across for miles...apparently all natural.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jangaboo
long time lurker to the forums and first post here

Well i'm Filipino and I remember 10 years ago when i went back to visit the Philippines (Grew up in Canada) I visited a place called Chocolate Hills in Bohol

Glad to see you have come out of your lurking, welcome

They are really cool BTW, I have never seen them before.

However they are clearly man-made as nature cannot create regular shapes. Well I say man-made, what I mean is man-made with the assistance of aliens in spaceships using lasers.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon

I wonder why they only have 3 pictures of this "Complex of manmade tunnels" (And only showing the "large polished monolith") on their webiste, but yet they have a myriad of photos of seemingly natural rocks.

Tell me something, do you think its a good idea for anyone doing an investigation to allow unfettered, wide-open access to the work you are doing while you are doing it?

Already, as researchers, I am willing to bet they are trying their best to keep the site as free from trampling by curiosity seekers, nay-sayers, debunkers and others who may like to lay claim to new discoveries there as much as possible.

Let's be a little realistic here, of course this guy is going to be possessive of this site. Regardless of how you judge the find, regardless of whether or not you feel he is worthy of being the "point man" on this potentially huge find, he was the one who initiated it - it is Mr. O's show.

I have a suggestion to anyone trying to offer alternate suggestion - write to the research team yourself. I think they would consider a well crafted proposal on researching the complex of manmade tunnels. I'm sure anyone with credentials (either legitimate, credible, or otherwise) who can provide them with a solid explanation will have their idea considered.

I know personally, this armchair quarterback is waiting to see more, but unless I know what's going on for sure, I'm just guessing.

Do you have expertise in ancient tunnel construction or early writings/symbolic communication Encidemon?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Well I say man-made, what I mean is man-made with the assistance of aliens in spaceships using lasers.

Look at the post with the pictures from the conference. Do those people look like they are playing around?

Only lasers I see are maybe a few laser pointers. Ooh.

Only aliens I see are maybe a couple of illegal aliens in country without a work visa helping out with the conference. Big deal.

Only spaceships I can imagine being there are the aging buses that take these folks back and forth from the Sarajevo airport to get them in and out of the country.

And you're right, this man-made effort is only gonna keep up until they come to some sort of conclusion as to what they have.

Must be awful not being able to reach Bosnia with that bushel of tomatoes you have there.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Latest pictures show ........ a fine example of folded rock strata.

www.piramidasunca.ba...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
***Posted by Essan
How often do we have to point this out - there are hundreds of pyramidal shaped hills around the world. Apologies to those who have seen these before:-

The Malvern Hills, England

external image

Binnein Beag, Scottish Highlands

external image

Schiehallion, Scottish Highlands

external image

Pyramid peak, Antarctica

external image

In the case of Visocia, I think the hill actually looks more pyramidal than it really is (as shown in relief maps) because of the trees growing on it. The trees help to smooth out the profile of the hill, making the slopes look much more even than they really are.

And in this picture, for example, Visocica doesn't look like a pyramid at all!

external image

Sorry boss. In your condescending attempts to prove there is no pyramid in Bosnia, you posted pictures of random mountains that in no way resemble pyramids. Nobody appreciates your attitude towards the whole situation. If you want to hate on something, that is your choice. Just don't back it up with horrible pictures that make you look stupid.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

appreciates your attitude towards the whole situation.

Rather it is your poor attitude that no one appreciates. We all have a variety of ideas about this topic, none of the peopel posting here are 'dumb'.
What's dumb is thinking that calling someone else stupid settles a complex issue such as this.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe my choice of words was incorrect...

I do not have a poor attitude...rather its to the contrary.

If this guy is going to post things like this, then I will take umbrage with it. I do not have to justify it to you. He posted pictures that he thought backed his claim that this is no pyramid in Bosnia. His evidence did little to support this claim, so I let him know about it. The pictures he provided only enhance the possibility that there is a pyramid there.

This site is great because it sparks debate and people talk about things you won't hear about in mainstream news. But there is a group of people here who make it their sole purpose to shoot down every theory, question, or topic that is posted. I do not see the benefit of this.

You would think that most people would be enamoured with the thought of a pyramid under a hill. I understand wanting something to happen and having it be true are two different things. But since nobody posting has been to the site, and we have only the media to depend on, it makes little difference what this guy thinks

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join