It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid Update

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

Originally posted by Urizen
There's no way a whole forest would grow in such shallow soil. Plant a tree where the roots are blocked by concrete and it won't grow higher than a meter and a half.

If I may, I would respectfully disagree to what you are noting.

I live in an area of Canada, that is called the Muskokas, and we have rock. Everything is Rock. It is Cottage Country north of Toronto.

I can attest that, what you have noted, although seeming like something that appears to make perfect sense, maybe not quite accurate.

Shane

Thank you for correcting me. Now that I think about it we also have some trees growing in the strangest places around here -against all odds.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
new evidence of bosnian pyramid

second layer above first layer of stone blocks found , 1.1 meter higher than first layer

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
sweet pics man, i like these :

(Clearly MAN MADE)

[edit on 11-6-2006 by maus]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25
Let's just allow the purported stone slabs fall where they may [/quoted]
Good call!

shane
english.pravda.ru...

For what its worth, even though I think its a natural structure, I simply don't trust pravda.

I find it interesting that pravda is reporting it as man-made, considering that pravda usually sensationalises reports of strange anamolies. I can't help but wonder if this is because of antagonism between the Serbs, traditional Russian allies, and the ethnic bosnians, if this is, despite being correct, some sort of back handed attack on the bosnians.

Which of course is silly since the modern bosnians aren't illyrians anyway.

Urizen
There's no way a whole forest would grow in such shallow soil.

&

jumpspace
If this is a pyramid then how did all the millions of tons of dirt end up on it and around it?

Actually there are other cases where pyramids and large stone structures have become 'lost' from jugle and forest overgrowth and soil. It will damage it I am sure, but its probably not enough to reject it on its own. Its amazing to think about it infact. The city of Rome, in the middle ages, had accumulated so much dust and dirt, that the ancient structures were half buried everwhere the people went, and thats in a city that was continuously inhabited. Just by a slow natural accumulation of sediment that doesn't get sweeped out.

crev
piramidasunca.ba...

Where is that picture in relation to the rest of the site? How long is that 'track' (lets call it that for the sake of arguement)? It looks very interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
For what its worth, even though I think its a natural structure, I simply don't trust pravda.

I find it interesting that pravda is reporting it as man-made, considering that pravda usually sensationalises reports of strange anamolies. I can't help but wonder if this is because of antagonism between the Serbs, traditional Russian allies, and the ethnic bosnians, if this is, despite being correct, some sort of back handed attack on the bosnians.

I know what you mean. I had this other topic I was working on, and finally finished it, and wished to partake once again in this Post. I found that was a good reintroduction, since the proof was reported.

I do think there is something MAN MADE here, but I think it maynot be a Pyramid.

crev
piramidasunca.ba...

Where is that picture in relation to the rest of the site? How long is that 'track' (lets call it that for the sake of arguement)? It looks very interesting.

This was an impression I got as well. A track, a Road, and from where to where?

But looking at the 'layers' under the Track/Path, suggests to me, it may not have any connection to what is presumed to be a pyramid.

It would be neat, if they could find something that could be carbon dated from the lower layers.

Maybe a Roman Road? Or a road leading into the Complex?

It would be nice to see how this relates to the site itself though. See what you can findout Crev.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes. And how does the latest horizontal stonework (clearly human) relate to the angled slopes of stanstone and conglomerate uncovered elsewhere on the hill?

If it's really a pyramid I guess they built it like a patchwork quilt - each section comprised of different rock, cut to different sizes, and laid at different angles....

Unless of course, as we've been saying all along, it's a natural hill, with natural rock outcrops, on which various roads and buildings have been built over the centuries. In which case, what's been uncovered is exactly what you'd expect to find.

There remains exactly nil evidence in support of the idea it's a pyramid.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It does not look like a road, especially a Roman road.

Roman roads were built to last, and this looks more like an ornamental pavement than a pavement made for travelling over, because of the way the tiles are joined as well as the type of rock, that looks like being a soft type of rock, it even looks like ceramic in some places.

But this is clearly man made.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

It does not look like a road, especially a Roman road.

Roman roads were built to last, .....

But this is clearly man made.

I must ask, but hasn't this been built to last? It is still here?

As for the method of building roads, and how various people completed their road, you maybe correct. It' was just a question, since I believed all road led to Roma, and there would be one somewhere through that region going that way. But I do agree that it could be a path, or something altogether different than a Roman Road.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
www.asphaltwa.com...

Of course, that is a schematic, and the pratice would've changed over time and been different in different locations.

I beleive that most roads were also made with a slightly convex surface, so as to allow water to flow off of it.

The 'tiles' in that picture are pretty irregular for carefully planned out pavement. Perhaps its a plaza of some sort rather than a trackway, if anything. But there doesn't look to be anything in particular used to hold them together.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It appears that most intelligent people here believe there is a massive man made object here...

so it comes down to this: what is a pyramid? Looks like it is pyramid shaped to me and it may well serve many of the purposes that pyramids did in other parts of the world.

I think that the 'official' archeology world is miffed that they didn't discover this and work on it and they are also biased in believing that it has to be constructed exactly like pyramids in Egypt were.

It is possible that this pyramid is much older than all the others and that is why it is constructed the way it is, also it is so much larger than even the Egyptian pyramids that it may have required a different style of construction.

Hats off once again to the ignorance and attitude of academics and thanks for holding back humanity for 100s of years with your so-called scientific method.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I cant wait to see what the whole thing looks like when its uncovered.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
When we say Pyramid, we think of Egyptian Pyramids and American Pyramids, made in the ways, Egyptians and Americans wanted to make them.

This Pyramid(if it is a pyramid, or a similar construction may have new elements that may lead us to different paths, but still this shouldnt lead us to say: it's not like Pyramids cos these Pyramids are different.

this may just be a new kind (considering may be the first giant in europe = different location, civilization, etc)

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Istn there a way to do ultrasonic or something then when sound waves bounce have a computer generate a 3d image ? Would be nice anyways. ITs going to take a long time to dig all that out by hand !!!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
It appears that most intelligent people here believe there is a massive man made object here...

I think most intelligent people here believe that it's a natural hill and that all Osmanagic and his team have uncovered is natural bedrock (some of it undeniably so even from just seeing photos of it) together with genuine archaeology relating to the known Roman presence on the hill or, more probably, the citadel and surrounding town dating from medieval times.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm going more for "temple" then pyramid.
But there is definatly an old man built structure there.

Which I don't find all that strange, Bosnia is close to both Greece and Italy which both have their fair share of great monuments, Its smack between the 2 of the most publisized and best recorded civilizations in history.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I think most intelligent people here believe that it's a natural hill a

so to think different is being stupid ?, this is arrogance imho and a sign of non intelligence too

just pretending the whole world to see it the way we see, and if not, classify them as idiots

[edit on 13-6-2006 by maus]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I'm going more for "temple" then pyramid.
But there is definatly an old man built structure there.

Which I don't find all that strange, Bosnia is close to both Greece and Italy which both have their fair share of great monuments, Its smack between the 2 of the most publisized and best recorded civilizations in history.

Isn't Titanic-famed researcher doing deep-sea excavation in the Mediterraean now? My point is, this area of the world has been so well travelled, built upon, recivilized over the thousands and thousands of years of history, that it may not be out of the question to think that histories of Alexander the Great, the Roman Empire , The Ottomans, etc. literally pushed aside any oral history that may have been held regarding this pyramid/temple/man-made structure.

Yes there are other ways of finding recorded evidence of something in history that far back (assuming it is 8,000 to 12,000 years old), but the printing press....please, anyone correct me, but Gutenberg didn't invent that until the early 1500's, right?

And when he did that...another layer essentially overwriting history's capacity for knowledge of things....

I'm just thinking here, as a non-intelligent person mind you, who happens to think a step-type pyramid is not out of the question. Derision is for megalomaniacs and high powered attorneys in important trials. This case of the Doubtful Pyramid involves neither. Osmaganic (sp?) is not crazy, so anyone who paints him that way needs to put down the Starbucks w/espresso shot and switch over to Dasani. He's a researcher, albeit with some far out ideas, but simply a researcher doing what researchers do...ask questions. Other researchers may very well be envious that they will have to sift through his work, however sloppy it may or may not be, in order to find their own truth of it all.

In all cases, there is no such thing as absolute truth. Every answer leads to more questions. Those who's goal it is to throw roadblocks up to this process by way of malicious cynicism show their true colors and should be encouraged to take their toys and find another sandbox to soil.

The fine line between healthy exchange and mean-spirited sniping has been erased in this thread. It's time to admit that the exposed tiles in those photos are indeed research worthy at the very least and lend some credence to the man's initial claims.

Finally, if a man were to find a diamond ring worth $20,000 in a field where that man
saw a glimmer of light (due to his training and education), and assuming he had a right to be in that field - would you let him keep it? Would you make him wait, say, a year, to see if anyone claimed it? Or would you confiscate the ring from the man and tell him he had no right in stumbling upon the ring and it must be thrown back into the field or divided up amongst every property owner in a 500 mile radius?

It's a hypothetical and a bit of hyperbole, but a question I was curious about. Does he have the right in the eyes of archaeological community to even be there, and does that change how everyone else is looking at him as he excavates this hill?

Newtron

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's a contentious issue, to be sure...since pyramidal structures are of great interest...but, really, let's not begin to question the intelligence of members commenting in this thread. That type of accusation gets only negative responses and is not appreciated by anyone.

I'd not be at all surprised that it turned out to be a man-made structure in the long run, since Neolithic Eastern Europe is a location for some very spectacular advances in civilization. Catal Huyuk, a Neolithic town located in present day Turkey, supported a population of several thousand in 6,000 BC.

from The Lost civilizations of the Stone Age by Richard Rudgley (Simon & Shuster NY)

Whilst the site of Catal Huyuk is a unique Neolithic settlement, there is ample evidence for the existence of numerous centres of civilization in diverse regions of Old Europe. There are more than 40 Neolithic stone temples on Malta and Gozo, the second largest island in the Maltese archipelago. These examples of Maltese sacred architecture belong to the period 4500 to 2500 BC and demonstrate how a people without the use of any metal tools were able to construct monumental buildings using blocks of stone weighing as much as 50 tons.

We should, imho, keep our minds open to all possibilities and stick to the evidence as it presents itself. One of the key downfalls of archaeology over the past century has been a reluctance to accept discoveries which upset the standard models that researchers have established, deeming them as inviolate. The methods used invariably call into question the mental stability and intelligence of those bringing forth new ideas.

Let's not go there...

edit for spelling

[edit on 13-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus

so to think different is being stupid ?, this is arrogance imho and a sign of non intelligence too

Nowt wrong with thinking differently. But believing in something purely on faith, irrespective of the complete lack of evidence, is not necessarily an intelligent thing to do

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Maus,
Why didn't you make this comment to denythestatusquo? After all, it was he that originally implied the opposite of what Essan said, that to think differently than denythestatusquo is to be stupid.
Is it your own arrogance, is it that you must be right about this ersatz "pyramid?"

Harte

[edit on 6/13/2006 by Harte]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join