It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Anyone Who Loves Acoustic Blues - This Guy is AMAZING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It all started when I saw that movie Animal Factory with Willem Dafoe. There is a scene where the prisoners are standing out on the yard up against the wall and this inmate is playing an acoustic and singing this awesome powerful song. I had it stuck in my head for weeks but I couldnt find out who he was or the name of the song. Today I hit jackpot and found out everything (being a blues guitarist this is very exciting for me) that I wanted to know. His name is Jake La Botz and he is a former street guitarist who grew up in Chicago playing with the old blues legends down on Maxwell street who taught him how to play. Let me tell you, if you like raw, honest, bone chilling music this guy is worth checking out. The crazy part is he is virtually unknown and undiscovered so far. That wont last for long. I am sticking a link here to a page that has a couple of samples of his stuff. Check out tracks 1, 5 and 7 - unbelievably good music. This is the only site that I could find with any of his songs on it, check it out and tell me what you think!

www.cdbaby.com...

[edit on 19-4-2006 by BlackOps719]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
he is pretty cool . is there a cd?? seems to have a crispy cool sound i think . wouldnt mind hearing other stuff

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah man he has three different CD's on that same sight for sale...only place I have seen them...and looks like they are sold out of at least one. I just ordered his oldest album today. Can't wait to get it. Very soulful performer, rare to find these days.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
absolutely dude.
i also like John Butler Trio .
they are awsome

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Good taste ..John Butler Trio are good. This Jake La Botz has a song writing style like Tom Waits but his sound is raw blues. Pure meloncholy, I love it. And his guitar playing is completely unique and original, but it has a heavy old school blues influence. You can pick up traces of Robert Johnson in there, and he has a really good singing voice as well. Beats that top 40 MTV crap into the dirt. REAL music.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
do u like Jack Johnson?
i think he is pretty mellow too

new topics

top topics

join