It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Blondes So Damn Popular?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I dunno, I just like natural looking women. When I went to Brazil over the summer, there were more pretty girls there than you can count. But the main thing I realized is that they hadn't ruined themselves completely with bleaches and too much makeup - overly skanky clothes, etc. They just looked good, the kind of good where if they jumped in a pool, got back out and dried off, they'd still look good. There wouldn't be a pool of chemicals trailing behind them.

I really don't think Paris Hilton is attractive. Sure, she's got a good body, but she just looks so fake... Bleached hair, bleached teeth, fake tan, fake boobs, fake face, etc. etc. No natural beauty what-so-ever.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Herman, are you about to come home with a Brazilian Bride?

It sort of sounds like it. As you say, you could do worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
While I am not particularly partial to blondes the phenomonon Herman describes is a natural freshness. A natuarl beauty. What one does not often find here stateside. It was such a shock for me to realize that so many women and girls were willing to dye their hair at such a young age to be something they were not. To increase what appeared to be thier marketability with no internal development to go along with it. Talk about a treadmill. It is just so artificial ...at any age but the shock was how many young ones were on this treadmill.
Natural beauty is very nice at any age. Also becoming rare here stateside in this highly merchandized social structure.
I saw this too among Icelandic Women in the year I was stationed there. Very healthy natural beauty. Not out of a bottle.
I have also seen this among Oriental Women in Japan.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Herman, are you about to come home with a Brazilian Bride?

It sort of sounds like it. As you say, you could do worse.

If only I had...

But Hell, I'm goin' back next winter! There's always hope.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

A natuarl beauty. What one does not often find here stateside.

No offense to anybody here. But maybe you fellows are "looking for love, in all the wrong places. . . ."

One of the reasons I changed my major to anthropology in college was that I loved their parties. The women didn't bother with makeup. Or bras.

*ahem.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Icons come and go and fashions change at an ever hastening pace. Cinema and visual media sway females into entering the fashion vortex of homogenized images. Someone once announced that 'A womans hair is her crowning glory'-Quite true! However, in a society obsessed with self image, women see the blonde as a success and consciously subscribe to this to be on a par with more successfull peers.
I work in an industry and environment where female employees are almost the majority and I can count on the fingers of one hand the ladies who have not hit the peroxide bottle to destroy their crowning glory to fit in with the 'bottle blondes' who are in the majority. The natural blonde woman must unconciously resent those who seek to hijack her natural attribute, her blonde hair.
Brunettes, I admire you as I do with your redhaired counterparts, one day all these peroxide charlatons will resume to 'eau naturelle'.:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Great post and pretty much how I feel about it too..

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
This is the Nordic Alien Species. They're a blonde human looking race of extraterrestrials.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Basic Description

www.global-conspiracies.com...
More detailed description

well, thats interesting. I am nordic descent and am natural blonde. I have an excellent soh and regularly take the mickey out of myself, especially when I have blonde moments...
like the time my Daughter told me they had taken the word gullible out of the dictionary...lmao and I replied "really....?"

I must admit I dont find the wanna be's , peroxide hair, fake nails etc attractive, but then I am a female. I am real, I wear a minimum of makeup and there are somedays I don't even comb my hair...yanno twist it and tie it in a knot.

And as for getting more attention from men, I disagree, I think if you put it out there, then of course your gonna be noticed. I am conservative and dont get jerks whistling or carrrying on at me, just because I am blonde. This relies on how you conduct yourself.

I dont think being blonde has done me any extra favors, quite the opposite actually, men tend to treat you like an accessory... but then, when I was in my 20s I had the sportscar and kept up with the fashion and some smart cow referred to me as 'barbie'. I was just being me, ala natural and got lumped into some category.

and that is BS

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate content - Jak]

[edit on 26/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
[Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate content - Jak]

no actually I dont catch your drift! and whats more I dont even want to!

[edit on 26/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
[edit on 26/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

lol
might have to see if I can do something with this for my avatar lmao

have you seen trailer trash, goth, gangsta biarch barbie? really funny

[edit on 26-4-2006 by NJE777]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I cant figure that one out either...I guess its "to each his own" Im a white male who loves brunettes, and women with darker complexions...I think the only girl "type" that I DONT LIKE is blondes. I live in the USA and why is it that the "all american girl" is allways blonde with big boobs?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join