It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hurricane like storm just formed in the center of the US.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
First of all a huricane stands for a tropical storm , they only form over water!

DICTIONARY DISCRIPTION:

Definition:

1. severe storm: a severe tropical storm with torrential rain and extremely strong winds. Hurricanes originate in areas of low pressure in equatorial regions of the Atlantic or Caribbean, and then strengthen, traveling northwest, north, or northeast.

2. high wind: a wind of above 119 km (74 mi) per hour, classified as force 12 or above on the Beaufort scale

3. fast and forceful person or thing: somebody or something resembling a violent storm in force, speed, or effect

[Mid-16th century. Via Spanish < Taino hurakán "god of the storm"]

All your looking at is a very well formed Low Pressure with a fair amount of water vaper.

*PS Storms do not form from cold air from the uppertropisphere or anything like that. They form when cold and warm air meet. This is the only way to form clouds hence the begining of storms.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And a definition does what for this topic? Do you really imagine that defining a word brings some meaningful understanding to the subject?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It is storming again.

It's the same kind of spiral and in the same area. Note also the pictures from the storm in 2004 which I posted on page two in this post...

Check out this satellite loop (click the picture) :

A preserved satellite loop
(as it was at the time of this posting)

Link to a live satellite loop

[edit on 2006/5/12 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Just as an FYI you MIGHT have a few problems with the loop using Firefox. Then again it could be my firefox + adblock thats the issue. Worst case scenario is the loop doesn't finish loading. Works fine with IE. I'll try and write a _javascript animator for it.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

Just as an FYI you MIGHT have a few problems with the loop using Firefox.

I could see it just fine with Firefox here, Indy. It took a long time to load but it worked. I have already installed Javasupport for my Firefox, maybe that's why it doesn't work on your side?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
It is storming again.

It's the same kind of spiral and in the same area.

Wow! North America gets 2 depressions in a year!

Whatever next? Snow in January? 3 sunny days in July?

This is another perfectly normal weather system - the sort that occur all year every year all over the world, and have done for the past few thousand million years. Every low pressure system looks like this.

So nothing to be alarmed about

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Maybe the circulation doesn't impress you. But what about afternoon temperatures in the mid 40's with windchills in the 30's when the normal high temperature is 72 degrees? Or the fact that crops remain unplanted. With all this rain the farmers are looking at the end of may before the can plant. Provided that after this pattern breaks more rain doesn't come.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join