It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hurricane like storm just formed in the center of the US.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The storm is of gale to hurricane force winds and is turning just like a hurricane.

For more and up to date info...
www.weather.gov...
www.weather.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow!

You don't see that every day.

My girlfriend's folks live right at the Eastern wall of that thing, I hope they're alright.

Where do you suppose it's headed? East, I'd imagine, but I'm no meteorologist.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What is so bad about this, what does it mean? Have the weather patterns changed, or has this happened before?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've never seen anything like this, but I'm not a weather buff, so I was hoping someone can enlighten us all.

My friends from ND says she has never seen anything like it, but at 27 years of age, it may have happened before.

From what I know though, this is pretty extreme. Maybe a first.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I live in the south eastern part of South Dakota. I am currently looking at the clouds and they are rather funny today. We have some rain coming down right now and the wind was pretty fierce a while ago.
The past few days have been in the 70's and 80's, now it is around upper 40's to low 50's. A great deal of differance from just a few days ago. 30 degree drop in temp.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It does look oddly close to a Hurricane cloud formation, I really don't think that the winds are actually reaching the force needed to be called Hurricane winds though.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
this seems like the day after tomorrow type of thing going on right
from that picture and stuff with the temperature drop and all that/

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well, in that movie the storms were caused by really cold air coming down from the atmosphere, right?

This storm is being caused by cool, moist air nearer to the ground. That's my understanding anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
First, the "hurricane" barely is showing up on radar. And the "wall" of the eye is nonexistant.

What's REALLY neat about this phenomenon, is how it's feeding another similar cloud cover in the Atlantic:

Due to the lack of any substantial cloud cover, and lack of it even registering on radar, calling this a hurricane is a real stretch. Hell, calling it a storm is a stretch.

But it'll be fun to watch.. It wont turn into a hurricane, but it's a neat display!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Watch the 24 hour loop and see how it's form.

Someone asked which way it was moving.. it's not moving

Weird indeed.

www.weather.gov...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Haha, if it were a real hurricane I would sooo scream "HAARP"!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Maybe it's the US showing China that we can make rain too

China is in the process of seeding clouds to clean beijing from the dust

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
wow ppl its called a low pressure system... wow.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
looks like this system is going to HAMMER them with alot of snow and moderately high winds (30 with 50+ gusts) should be interesting to watch.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
been watching the weather closely for a while now just waiting for something like this. Look at the tornado clusters that have been going on, check this site out about climate change www.newscientist.com...;jsessionid=CGPBOFDIIHFC

Im thinking day after tomorrow!!

mabey old George is playing the H.A.A.R.P. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I saw this on the weather channel, it was just there, over land, turning just like a hurricane. What looked like the beginnins of an eye in the middle and everything, I commented on it, but really didn't make much of it. Now that you bring it up, it is strange.

Looks like, from the 24 hour loop, its forming and moving eastward at a snail's pace.

I'm not ready to cry "Conspiracy!" just yet, but this is a bit of a frightening development if you ask me.

Thanks for posting, Quest, should be keeping an eye on this one.

--Kit.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok so this is probaly a real dumb question but what is this HAARP ive been hearing about recently?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Not dumb at all man. You can directly download a Documentary titled "HAARP: Holes in Heaven" here. It is a low quality video, so I warn you ahead of time, but it's good enough to get the message I suppose. If you are on 56k or just don't feel like downloading an entire video on it, you can read about it here.

[edit on 4/19/2006 by Rizin]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sure no problem
. Pretty interesting stuff...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join