It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music files play but aren't seen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've download several free (legal) tracks from various bands on myspace.com, now some of the tracks work as they are normal music files.
However some will play if I click on the file in my documents search for the media player and then click ok.
The media player will play the track happily but it won't keep it in the media Library.
It happens the same in both Windows Media Player and WinAmp and I have tried a search for new files in both but it doesn't find the tracks.

Normal and Weird Music Files

Weird Music File Prop

Help?

[edit on 19-4-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You might want to change your settings for displaying file extensions to make sure you are not clicking on executable virus disguised as a music file. (mp3 files?)

To do so, from Windows Explorer click Tools menu, Folder Options, then View tab, and uncheck the box "Hide file extensions for known file types".

Or maybe your music files got corrupted during download so Media Player or WinAmp can play the track but not able to memorize it in the library.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Figured out what the problem was, thanks to the person who fixed it

edit: the person who helped me ...sorry told me how the fix the issue rocks and I can't thank him enough

I even baked him a cake to say thanks

[edit on 20-4-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm... cake!

Want a piece?

Mium, mium! Let's eat and become fatter.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If anyone else has the same problem in future, all you need to do is add .mp3 to the end of the file name.

Such a simple thing but caused such an annoying problem!

top topics

join