It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Muslisms Believe They Hold the Moral Upper Hand?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yes thats quite a generalization just because he is of one religious belief,would be like saying all Christians are criminals like Jim Bakker,and good point seems like when anyone gets incarcerated they all get religion,like saying all Germans are left handed,I see no correlation here

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Myself, what I know of Islam, is from the texts that I can get ahold of and read, especially if they are translated in to english. When you are looking at the laws that govern the Muslim world, you also need to keep in mind that they essentially follow 2 seperate spiritual laws at the same time. There is what is printed in the Quoran, and then there is Shiria. I would believe that the man in the original posting who was convicted of raping his daughters had probably misinterpreted the Shiria, that would explain how he was to take care of his children and what his duties were. The Quoran is very, very clear on how a man is to proceed in a marriage. Divorce is not something that a good muslim man would do lightly, and there are certain things he has to do before he can be rid of his wife, and even then he can not simply discard them. Even in todays societies, arranged marriages and dowerys still exist, and in short if a muslim man were to divorce his wife, he has to declare it 3 times, then proceed to divide up the assets of the marrige to ensure his ex wife gets her dowery back and a stipend for up keep among other things. It gets real complicated from that point as well.
Shiria is a series of laws, cannonical, where one of the revered holy men made a judicial decision based off of what is written in the Quoran.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The BTK killer.
www.karisable.com...

The Rev. Michael Clark, the pastor of Christ Lutheran Church, which Rader attended for more than 30 years, meets with Rader twice a week to pray with him.

Rader told psychologist, Robert Mendoza that he believed in God.

Uh oh, looks to me like all Christians like to bind torture and kill people

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Given that Muslim countries are forever assailing the West about our decadence and moral decay it is troubling that some of their teachings seem to be overlooked.

Considering that in the US there are polygamists, and that child rapists get short sentences, seems like this country ain't so decadent in putting him away for 32 years AND giving him a legal and official BEATING on top of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm a Singaporean. I read the daily newspapers and I read a lot about the case that is the theme of this thread.

Let me first rebutt your assumption that he was a muslim. He isn't one or he was, basically. He decided to leave the true path of Islam and adopted his own "sect" with his interpretation of the Qur'an. This is the initial premise that he's not a muslim. A muslim cannot derive his own "sect". This considers him to be a deserter of Islam indefinitely.

Secondly, he does not represent the true Islam. The reason is that he does not practise the religion in accordance to a true muslim or a moderate one in the case of Singapore. By the way your thread topic is very inaccurate and so illogical. Every religions in the world will claim that their religion is the best in the world, to put in layman terms. So saying Islam have the moral upper hand is irrelevant because other religions do so too. Why the distinction of Islam? Or should I say discrimination..

Just to add some minor details in the case about the Singaporean who raped his daughters. He said the Qur'an told him that he "owned" his daughters. Yes, the Qur'an said that every father has ownership over his daughters but he used it in a way to manipulate the thinking of his wives so they would support him. He misinterpreted it or intentionally developed his own interpretation of it and used it to satisfy his lust. That is not Islam.

Please read up into the details of the story before using it as an excuse to do some Islam-bashing thread.
(BOO!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join