It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdad teachers beheaded in front of students!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Separate groups of gunmen entered two primary schools in Baghdad on Wednesday and beheaded two teachers in front of their students, the Ministry of State for National Security said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

gotta love the closing statement by the Ministry official...

A ministry official said he believed the attacks were aimed at "intimidating pupils and disrupting learning."

why would someone want to do this in front of children? Crazy!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I guess you haven't noticed that the world is ending soon?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
These people are idiots. Intimidating pupils in to what exactly? To side with the USA 'resistance'? To disrupt education and...develop anger towards these militants. What exactly is their purpose on earth.

Later on in the article it states that:

...insurgent attacks in Anbar were down to an average of 18 a day — compared to a daily average of 27 last October. At the same time, U.S. deaths for March numbered 31 — the lowest monthly figure since February 2004.

At least there is a silver lining in this cloud.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Gives a whole new meaning to show and tell. Sick, in front of kids. This is a "no-brainer" propaganda technique that is demented but I suspect entirely effective at keeping learning "dangerous". In front of children, sick.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't understand something:

If these were religious extremists, aren't they against the occupation? Why would they do this to their own people instead of non-Iraqi's?

Something ain't right.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingMind
I guess you haven't noticed that the world is ending soon?

I'm not worried, you?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So besides scaring these kids half-to-death is there a point behind this?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When Israel nukes Iran, and Iran the attacks back, most of this area will be glass anyway............

[edit on 19-4-2006 by thermopolis]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
When Israel nukes Iran, and Iran the attacks back, most of this area will be glass anyway............

[edit on 19-4-2006 by thermopolis]

Well if Israel nukes Iran I have a hard time seeing Iran being, ya know, alive enough to attack back.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Adds new meaning to "head of the class".
Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
to some, life hold's no value at all ....these fools have only accomplished the mental anguish of a bunch of kids trying to learn something besides terror.......i've never witnessed someone die in such a manner, and to do so as a child must be more destructive to their mental well being than anything i can think of...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, it’s plain as day they did this due to the oppression of the occupiers. I mean, how can you leave your teachers heads intact if your country is being occupied? It’s right there in the rule book: “Americans in your country? Well then chop off your teacher’s heads! Allahu akbar!”

This isn’t actually new guys; the TERRORISTS have been killing teachers all along. Their greatest fear is educated Iraqi’s. You must understand that the Iranian/Syrian backed insurgency sees Iraqi education as a bad thing. How better to destabilize a fledgling government and newly free Iraqi populace than to cripple its ability to educate itself? Education is a sign of stability and sophistication, exactly the things the terrorists are scared of and fight to oppress.

The Middle East will apparently stop at nothing to destroy any hopes of a free Democracy in their region. The same powers (greed, intolerance) that have oppressed itself for thousands of years are at work here.

And what better way to accomplish this by killing the educators right in front of the most powerful forces in the Middle East: The impressionable children that represent the future…

[edit on 19-4-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Gives a whole new meaning to show and tell. Sick, in front of kids. This is a "no-brainer" propaganda technique that is demented but I suspect entirely effective at keeping learning "dangerous". In front of children, sick.

They are terorrists. They don't have morals. Why would anyone think they care about killing a person in front of children?

[edit on 19-4-2006 by WanderingMind]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So when the time comes when a intelligent, rational Iraqi man or woman starts getting political and trying to wisen up the masses will they burn him/her at the stake and claim it was witchcraft?

"That man can read?! Get the torches! Black magic is afoot!"

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hmmmm... Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Saudi arabia, kuwait, Yemen, Qatar, Bangladesh, indonesia, Chechnya..... and the list could go on and on, but it would scare you .

They all kill women and children, they all cut off limbs as punishment, they all think honour crimes should be punishable with death, they all think women are second class beings, they all enjoy and praise public acts of mutilation and death ( hangings, floggings, beheadings, shootings ect ect ect) and to me this is just a testiment to their ignorance, savagery, stone age mentalities who still insist that we all should be living in caves and do nothing that a book says we shouldn't.

This beheading doesn't suprise me at all, in fact I've actually come to expect nothing less from Muslims.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't misconstrue what these animals do as the way of all Muslim's. These people are radical deviants who are perverting the Muslim faith with acts of terrorism as a means to promote themselves as badasses who should be feared. Honest, Koran-following Muslim's have no relation to them and shouldn't be in the light of anyone's scorn as they've simply done nothing wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speakeasy
Don't misconstrue what these animals do as the way of all Muslim's. These people are radical deviants who are perverting the Muslim faith with acts of terrorism as a means to promote themselves as badasses who should be feared. Honest, Koran-following Muslim's have no relation to them and shouldn't be in the light of anyone's scorn as they've simply done nothing wrong.

I have recently befriended a muslim and he is a very peaceful individual and I can see sadness in his eyes when we discuss the branding that muslims are getting due to these whackjobs.

I feel the same way about Bush and Christianity.... how dare he say he's a Christian!? It's all about ruining the credibility of world religions to push forward the athiest movement (1 world religion).

Regardless... all this killing is senseless.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
I have recently befriended a muslim and he is a very peaceful individual and I can see sadness in his eyes when we discuss the branding that muslims are getting due to these whackjobs.

I feel the same way about Bush and Christianity.... how dare he say he's a Christian!? It's all about ruining the credibility of world religions to push forward the athiest movement (1 world religion).

Regardless... all this killing is senseless.

You are 100% correct.

BUT,

The problem is I don’t go to bed at night worrying about Christian terrorists (or Hindu, Jewish, Scientologist, Mormon, Orthodox, etc, for that matter), it’s the Muslim ones that keep me up. Why? Because more people I actually know have been affected by the actions of Islamic terrorists than any other type. I will worry about the Christians when they are more of a threat to me and my family than Muslims have actually been.

And I also feel Christians are scary as heck, but the world is focused on Muslims for a reason.

BTW: I share recipes with my Pakistani MUSLIM neighbors; they are as peaceful as any you could ever meet. But that will never change my opinion of the belief as a whole...

[edit on 19-4-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I could be wrong but from the looks of it, this may have been a stunt on the part of the insurgents.

Here is why.

Iraq Police Deny Report of Teachers being killed

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Militants killed two people at elementary schools in a mainly Shiite district of Baghdad on Wednesday, the government said. But police in the neighborhood denied any attack occurred.

The contradictory accounts could not immediately be reconciled.

[....]

But the ministry later said the dead were a school guard and a teacher. It said the guard was stabbed to death by militants in front of students, while the teacher was shot outside the school as he arrived in the morning for classes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Also note in this story it states they were stabbed not beheaded.

Or is this perhaps another story? Not sure but it could be just propagana from the insurgents saying no we did not do it. You get the drift, I am sure.

[edit on 4/19/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't see how a lot of people in this thread are making comments on muslims, when the article wasn't even clear that there was anything done at all. There have been reports of security details (Foreign) that were going around shooting up the city and shooting at americans, so even if this did occur and without catching or even seeing who did it, how does one assume its even an insurgent? Anyone can throw on a kerchief have a suntan and I think a lot of you would just say it was a muslim just because you want it to be a muslim.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join