It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a little worried. I have been getting DoD hits on my firewall fairly frequently and it never ha

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Here's the situation. I have always checked my firewall [Zonealarm] just out of curiosity to see what sort of hits I was getting on it. Never really saw anything interesting on it though and never did it a whole lot. I go online and use Arul's IP tracking to see where the IP's originate. No, I dont this real often, or for all IP's, just occasionally. Maybe once or twice a week just when I get bored and check a couple.

Well tonight my internet connection has locked up twice while I was surfing through alternative news sites and saving info. Its no big deal for me- I'm 56k, so I can just sign off and sign right back on.

Here's the problem- the first time it locked up, I checked my firewall (this is one of the times I check it, when it locks up, which is not often at all.) and in my Zonealarm log, there was a hit, the last hit on it, from the very second(close anyway) that it locked up. So I decided to have a look see. Well, in the "source DNS" box, it was blank for that line. So I take the IP addy from that line and look it up at "Arul's IP address checking progrm" online.

It was "DoD Network Information Center"( with more info). Ok I thought that was very strange.

BUT, it happened AGAIN! a little while later. Internet connection locked up, a hit at that same time also, The first three numbers of the IP addy were the same, so I looked up the IP addy online, and same thing!
"DoD Network Information Center"

So I looked back in my log and checked the IP info online. I have several of these "DoD" hits just from the past day! And from past days also!

I have been spending most of my time (up to eight hours a day) online going through 9/11-related and alternative news websites gathering material; and also in several forums trying to inform people what has been going on, by making informative posts and answering questions and engaging in debate.

Yesterday I made a four page thread at one forum of 90 separate posts to show what is going on with 9/11, the war on terror, and the new world order. It shocked quite a many people that read all of it and had not been looking into this stuff yet.

What the heck?

----> I need to know:

Is this normal?

Is anyone else getting these DoD hits? I will tell you, if you want to look at your firewall logs, that the first three numbers of the IP addy's all are ---
214.xxx.xxxxx
.The xxx part changes though. Look for the " 214. ___" and see....?

You can check IP's here-
arul.telenet-systems.com...

Can I post more info, like the actual IP addy's, or is that illegal?

I see we have no place to upload pics.
I have screen captures of all of this(both from Zonealarm log showing time and IP addy, and from arul's IP tracking program), if someone can post them somewhere and if its not illegal to do so, I can email them to you...

This is NOT BS! I have screencaptures and can verify all of this. You can check the IP Addy's online for yourself also.

Thank You

ps. I just looked, and as I'm writing this- I got another one, at 316 am my time.

Screw this. Please check your firewalls logs and see if its just me.

214.______

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Personally I gave up on Zone Alarm a few years ago, thing drove me nuts.
As far as your problem go's, I'm always of the view that if your 100% that you've done nothing wrong, find a number for them and give them a call.

Seriously, thats what I'd do.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Nothing to worry about.

If you say so....

I read that piece, but I dont know if I buy it. Why would someone be using the DOD addy to spam my computer?

Are the rest of you getting these hits?

Edit: I just got another at 3:47 BTW.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Selur Dassom]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Probably someone at the Dod is infected and its out doing some port scanning to infect other computers. Usually your IP should change each time you disconnect and call back on dial-up. If they are actually trying to ping you or whatever, then they are doing it rather quickly.
See if your IP changes after you log on and log off and log back in again

Pie

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yeah Ive got that worthless AOL on 56k. My IP changes each time.

Ive just gone back and saved a bunch more screen captures of the others. It looks like about 10 a day of those hits. Oh well, Ive got nothing to worry about [at this point in history anyway]. Just curious.

If it comes down to the government going Nazi-style/Police State and arresting "truth movement" people and protesters as 'terrorists' to be taken somewhere like KBR's concentration camps, ....

... well lets just say me and my very large extended family and much of the community will not be greeting anyone of them with a friendly welcome.

LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It seems that more people have experienced the same issue:

Phoenix Labs Forum

In Italian

Climate Prediction Forum

In French

BTS

EDIT: My apologies, I corrected the link and I added some more...

[edit on 4/19/2006 by gedi]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
That link doesnt work. Thanks though.[EDIT: works now, thanks]

Heres the thing though. Ive never come across any DoD hits in the past, and Ive been checking my firewall for many years, on this very same computer, location, and internet account. Maybe by some chance of luck I happened to miss em, but I highly doubt it, as much as Ive done it over the years and as many as I am getting. (about 10%[EDIT: I just looked and its actually closer to 20% of the past 50 hits, 9 were DoD] of my hits are the DoD hits that Ive just looked back at the past several days at.)

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
All dial-ups are dynamic unless you pay for a static number.....Im not sure why your getting pings from a DOD addy. If spammers are spoofing DOD IP's and the government doesnt realise this, that bad lol.

anyway, if its UDP....than it is probably ads, if itst TCP that means they are attempting to establish a connection. If your firewall has the feature ban the IP address.

also zonealarm isnt as good as other firewalls, I have Mcaffee and im rather pleased with it.

good luck

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Ok, I see in some of those links its happening to others. So I shouldnt worry about a 'white unmarked van' doing a hit-and-run on me on the side of the street or anything like that

Time to start up another conspiracy theory LOLOL.....

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
There are better firewalls out there then Zonealarm. Agnitum Outpost is one www.agnitum.com... , Sygate is another www.sygate.com Both have free and pro versions

Zone Alarm eats bandwidth and there was talk about their gathering data on users a while back.

Pie

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm still not totally A-O-K with this yet.

Can everyone who reads this and has the time, please check your firewall logs and see if you are getting them also.

Mine all started with 214. ___ , but it looks like others are getting different DoD IP Addys.

thanks

I'm out for now, be back after some zzzz's

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Oh- If anyone wants to read the thread I made yesterday at another forum, its here:
www.teamslm.com...
in the general discussion section. It will be on the first page. You have to register though
Its a NASCAR computer sim-racing forum.

Its a collection of my own posts( 90! total posts in that thread of mine I believe), and also news stories, about 9/11, war of terror, and new world order that Ive collected over the past few months. These guys at that forum are all NASCAR junkies and dont take to well to this sort of stuff, but hey maybe I'll get a few of the sheep to wake up there, LOL.

sorry for the off-topic, thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I had a rough day with my computer yesterday! It was as though it had a mind of its own....

Extremely slow and dragging....
We ARE probably being kept an eye on, unless it was one of those high sun flare days....

Who knows. Isnt it sad we even have to wonder who or what is causing it.
A few years ago, it would have been lousy equipment, today, its Big Bro.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
this is a really useful site for finding lots of different information - www.dnsstuff.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What really would be nice instead of firewall logs would be a raw packet capture using a tool such as Ethereal that way its possible to see what is in the packets, their sizes, flags, etc. Of course that would if my memory serves me correctly require dropping the firewall to let in traffic so it can be sniffed. Without seeing raw packets I'm putting my money on someone reflecting thier packets off of a DoD machine much in the same way Distributed Reflected Denial of Service attacks are performed.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Happens out of Langley too. Hit the CIA site and watch the router logs. Wanna "screw-em-up-large"? Get a prog called UltraReach and/or UltraSurf... do a search. I think they are up to v6 or something. It's a little funky to set up on non-DHCP networks but it does work and effectively masks your address to a proxy. Chinese fellow came up with it - and he's still hidin' out from his gov't (somewhere in the US). It won't stop them from "knockin" on your "door" but it will make it difficult to resolve where your door is at - heavy duty encryption too (blowfish or two-fish like). Works on IE.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
There are better firewalls out there then Zonealarm. Agnitum Outpost is one www.agnitum.com... , Sygate is another www.sygate.com Both have free and pro versions

Just so you know, I still use the free version of Sygate.

BUT, Norton bought sygate last fall. No worries so far, but for those who dislike Norton, heads up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, this is not WOT, it's being moved to a more appropraite forum.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
as security is obviously an ongoing problem for a lot of people, ive compiled a nice selection of freeware to protect your pc's...

free anti-virus -
www.grisoft.com...
www.free-av.com... www.sofotex.com...!-4-Home-Edition-download_L5981.html

free online scanners -
www.freebyte.com...

***** free boxed norton system works 2006 all-in-one protection (requires you to do a few things first) - www.guardyourpc.com...:33335: *****

free-anti-spyware -
www.lavasoft.de... www.spybot.info... www.javacoolsoftware.com... www.majorgeeks.com...

free firewall -
www.agnitum.com... www.zonelabs.com... www.sunbelt-software.com...

free wireless protection -
www.airdefense.net...

free proxy servers -
www.proxy4free.com...
www.proxyblind.org...
tools.rosinstrument.com...

free registry cleaners - www.brothersoft.com... downloads.theregister.co.uk...

lots of miscellaneous freeware - www.sofotex.com... www.javacoolsoftware.com...

happy hunting

[edit on 19-4-2006 by justyc]

[edit on 19-4-2006 by justyc]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Selur Dassom
Man if you want be safe any way

1- Give up windows or don't connect your windows pc directly to the internet, I personally use a Linux box to connect to the internet and 1.8m mobile wireless connection it uses 3G phone network (no records no wires=)

2-Do some search on Linux based network security you will be amazed with what you can do and what windows wont show you!

3-Try to contact the people harassing you ! ...I also once had strange port scans to my computer I decided to investigate it and set a "little trap" when finally found out who it was that was harassing me ..dam it was my own ISP monitoring me because I was the only person in my area with "large amounts of traffic" ..up know what I mean.
I decided to faced them and I threatened them because legally they had no right to be snooping around my records and trying to access my pc.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by inklosed]

[edit on 19-4-2006 by inklosed]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join