It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problems with healthcare costs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would like to ask people what there medical rates are like in there area??
i went to the doctor yesterday and i waited for three hours for a half hour consultation then got ccharged sixt dollars!! to me this is an outrage and i would like to know what its like for other people and members of the health system.

Yours faithfully
Omega

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You where charged how much?

"sixt dollars" is a bit ambiguous.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I pay a $25.00 co-pay on my health plan in Central Florida, but I believe the Drs. are putting charges through for $95.00 to $125.00 for the claim to the insurance. I have the Aetna PPO.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
You where charged how much?

"sixt dollars" is a bit ambiguous.

No not six
Sixty for a half hour ?!
it is so bad
like what about people who have no money or are poor?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately it seems (generally speaking) that uninsured people are charged more than the charges allowed to be submitted by Drs. for people who have insurance because if you have insurance the Drs. have contracted to receive a certain amount.

However, compared to what you say you were charged vs. what I know my Dr. gets between me and the insurance company, I do not think the charges were high in comparison, in fact they were less.

I will mention, since I have just left my employment and found out the cost of my plan (in case I take COBRA), it is approximately $427.00/month to have the benefits I had.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
what country r u in relentless?
i dont have pric healthcare insurance allthough i am thinkin about it

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
USA, Florida actually. It's my understanding that in this state it's impossible to get an affordable regular plan (not through work or something) for anything other than catastrophic illness. Also, anything pre-exsiting would be excluded - forever.

For instance I have a friend who came down here long before me. There was a lapse in coverage and she had a previous diagnosis of endometriosis. If anything ever happens in her abodomen at all (related or not to that diagnosis) - not covered.

I cannot believe more people aren't responding to this thread with the state of healthcare costs in the US. I read a story a day or so ago that even amoung working people where plans are available, the cost of premiums are so high more than 50% of working Americans are now uninsured. That's only counting the people who have no access to a plan. It's the most shameful disgrace of the USA in my opinion. Then there are all the people who don't have access to a plan.

Luckily, I will be able to go on my husbands plan till I find another job and get my own benefits again. The plan stinks compared to what I had but it will only cost us about $200.00/month and I cannot afford a laspe of coverage which could result in my own pre-existing conditions being excluded for a period of time in a new plan.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i know how u feel . i cant work atm due to a condition. and i have to see the doctor regulary so it costs me a fair bit.
and i agree that there should be more posts in here .
i feel its a very important subject

Omega

top topics

join