It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the deal is with the actual works of the man himself? To my knowledge he is finally being accredited to the technologies, theories and research he conceived and/or developed. If this is true, where can one obtain schematics, script or the like by Tesla as I have not crossed paths with any details or depth in refernce to his work anywhere?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
If i rember correctly all his reasearch was taken away and hasnt been realeased to public.... well not all of it

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Lucifer.

Here is a post i did on tesla.

Check out the links in this post, they are a wealth of information on tesla.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Here's a short list of some of the stuff he invented:

>The polyphase induction motor
>The hydroelectric generator
>Radio
>X-Rays
>Vacuum tubes
>Fluorescent lights
>Microwaves
>Radar
>AC power (both 2-phase and 3-phase)
>Broadcast power
>The rotary engine
>The Tesla Coil

And here's a short list of some of the other stuff he fooled around with:

>Radio wave propagation
>Missile science
>Robots
>Remote control
>Satellites
>Beam weapons
>Ball lightning
>Death Ray

He was also said to have worked on the Montauk Project which parts of were later used for HAARP.

159 Tesla Sites

Some Pictures

Tesla's U.S. Patent Collection

Some Links

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thank you guys, fantastic stuff. I never have the time to snoop around sites for goodies like these. The Montauk project, wasn't that to do with Tesla's apparent 'contributions' via his research
as was first tested under the code name: Philadelphia Experiment? I may be way off I just remember hearing of some connection between the two.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
uIVIa, great stuff...and good recap of his contributions...

I've long been a big fan of Mr. Tesla.

Yes, you are correct, in the connection of Montauk and the Philladelphia Experiment....
Montauk is supposedly a continuation of the work....

Some may also recall the rivalry between Mr. Edison and Tesla...(Edison wanted homes to be DC power, not AC, etc. and often attempted to discredit him)...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Tesla remains the single most important inventor in recent history, yet he still doesn't get the full credit for that.

I could go asking people who was Tesla and 99% wouln't know who he was. Edison on the other hand...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ok, Tesla's beam weapon sciences interest me...
Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on whether he was in some way responsible for the Tunguska incident in Siberia?

A brief synopsis of it goes like this:

On the evening of June 30 1908, accompanied by his associate George Scherff atop Wardenclyffe tower, Tesla aimed what he designed to be a new method of message sending by means of what we would today think of as a particle accelerator... across the Atlantic towards the arctic, to a spot which he calculated was near the Peary expedition which was on the way to the North Pole. This was in order to send Peary a message - much in the same tradition as Alexander Graham Bell's "Mr. Watson, come here!"

Tesla switched on the device. At first, it was hard to tell if it was even working. It is stated in books that the extremity emitted a dim light that was barely visible. Then an owl flew from its perch on the tower's pinnacle, tumbling into the path of the beam. The bird disintegrated instantly.

That concluded the test. Tesla watched the newspapers and sent telegrams to Peary's contact points in hopes of confirming the devices effectiveness as a messaging medium. Nothing turned up. Tesla was ready to admit failure when news came of a strange event in Siberia.

On June 30, a massive explosion had devastated Tunguska, a remote area in the Siberian wilderness. Five hundred thousand square acres of densly forested land had been instantly flattened. Equivalent to ten to fifteen megatons of TNT, the Tunguska incident is the most powerful explosion to have occurred in human history -- not even subsequent thermonuclear detonations have surpassed it. The explosion was audible from 620 miles away. Scientists at the time believed it was caused by either a meteorite or a fragment of a comet, although no obvious impact site or mineral remnants of such an object were ever found.

Furthermore, it is stated in some publications that if you line up the point of origin of Tesla's beam, to the point that he directed it to - then draw a line beyond that on a global map, it is a straight line to Tunguska, Siberia.

This sounds very much like a radiowave that actually skips off the atmosphere...

Any thoughts out there is ATS-land?

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have been fascinated by Tesla for years. I have a few books that detail his life and his work(Cheney; Man out of Time is one). I believe he was manipulated by people around him. He was not very financial minded, so it lead to his inventions being stolen right out from under him at times. There was supposed to be a PBS special about his life, but I never saw it aired. Like someone didn't want it to be shown. If any of you out there saw it I would like to hear about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Mr. Tesla was a freaking genius, and like TheBandit said, it's sad because he will probably never have all the credit he deserve.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Looking around on the web, look at the letter that Tesla wrote to the Red Cross

To the
American Red Cross

New York City

The retrospect is glorious. The prospect is inspiring. Much might be said of both. But one idea dominates my mind. This - my best, my dearest - is for your noble cause. I have observed electrical actions, which have appeared inexplicable. Faint and uncertain though they were, they have given me a deep conviction and foreknowledge that ere long all human beings on this globe, as one, will turn their eyes to the firmament above, with feelings of love and reverence, thrilled by the glad news:"Brethren! We have a message from another world, unknown and remote. It reads
ne ... two ... three ..."

They say he recieved a radio transmission from space.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i know nothing of nikola tesla... but maybe he did... recieve messages from space or something...

from what i hear about the guy... it seams strange how nobody i know has every really heard of him...

99.99% of people i know have no idea who he is...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All you need to know about him and more...
www.teslasociety.com...

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm actually in the middle of reading Tesla: A Man Out Of Time, by Margaret Cheny. It seems to be a pretty good biography of the inventor, covering the events in his life with amazing detil. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about Tesla and all of his discoveries.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Intelgurl that was one hell of a synopsis!

This sounds very much like a radiowave that actually skips off the atmosphere...

Either that or THROUGH the Earth itself. Don't forget that Tesla was also allegedly involved in the development of the Earthquake Machine which is currently located at Los Alamos National Lab.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Tesla Tunguska connection is a great story, but it has a few weak spots. First off the part of Tesla testing the apparatus is completely made up. There is no existing documentation anywhere that he ever completed or tested on this date or any other date. I think just the part about the owl being disintegrated would have been enough proof that a beam weapon of some sort had been created and secured him Morgan's financing. The other problem is that because of time zone difference and the explosion happening in the morning, the experiment at the tower would have to have happened June 29th not 30th.
Other than that I could definitely believe a connection. I would bet that he did do various test runs prior to full completion, and that the part about the owl was made up. Could possibly be that he caused some reaction in the atmosphere that disrupted it and allowed a burst of solar radiation through, or like stated a bounced signal. The time range of the tower being built is certainly feasible.
Not trying to debunk here, just point out the missing details that would show undeniable evidence. If Tesla documents from tower experiments were ever to surface and the correct date stood out then main stream science would have to take a real look at this.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   

There was supposed to be a PBS special about his life, but I never saw it aired. Like someone didn't want it to be shown. If any of you out there saw it I would like to hear about it.

I actually did see this... A great deal of it was about the rivalry with Edison, and how Edison was more successful in financing, etc. It even touched on his connection with Einstein, and the Philladelphia Experiment (but only as rumor)... Oddly enough, I saw it on one of the learning/history channels though, not PBS...though it was obviously made by them...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The problem that Tesla had to face was that he was competing with Edison. Edison was good friends with Henry Ford and Firestone. All of who had political ties and would discredit Tesla's inventions as useless. The government did use Telsa to help with the Philadelphia experiment and others then was discredited by the U.S. gov't. He died totally broke with hardly any credit to this inventions. It has been followers such as ourselves that have kept him in the foreground and just in the past few years is he starting to get the credit he deserves.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am interested a great deal in Tesla and his admirable work. He was far beyond his time. Genius is an understatement for Tesla.

I am in the midst of reading "The Tesla Papers" Written by Nikola Tesla *edited by David Hatcher Childress.

This man was pure genius. If he was only around during the 21st century
If people would have adopted all of his basic principles and fundamentals right away we would be 50 years beyond what we are today ( global energy crises ect. ) He should be taught in all schools today, but no ignorance prevails... right DR

His Alternating Current (A.C.) power marketing campain at the 1893 Expo in Chicago baffled and delighted spectators. He passed high frequency "dangerous" A.C. power over his body to power light bulbs shooting long sparks from his tesla coil..

Tesla even designed his own Electric Car.

Yet today as mentioned by most people on this thread 99% of people don't even know who he is.

Bush stop sniffin your white oops black gold
and start working for the goodness of humanity. Free energy is possible but as always say hi to mr IGNORANCE!

For those who want some good tesla books check out
THE TESLA PAPERS and
THE ENERGY MACHINE OF JOSEPH NEWMAN

top topics

join