It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a God,Jesus,heaven and hell ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Good evening everyone, i hope you are all well.
I would just like to ask what your beliefs are on God and the whole holy thing.?
I find myself with questions alot of them and they make me wonder about the whole thing.
I would just like to ask the people of ATS what drives them and compels them to believe in such things or not to believe in such things for that matter.
I would really appreciate your opinions and i respect all viewpoints.

Thank you

Omega85

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Omega85]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Being a Jacobian I believe that God exist and Jesus was the promised Messiah. Though not the last prophet. We dont believe in a "Son of God" though.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If this god is meant to love us all then why is there such poverty and suffering around the world?? just a though

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
If this god is meant to love us all then why is there such poverty and suffering around the world?? just a though

Because earth has been corrupted since the fall of MAN. Which is what heaven is for, to reward you for surviving the B.E.A.S.T. Thats Jacobian science. B.E.A.S.T. is the acronym for the sinful pyshical world.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Cause science is to simple to be an orgin point of man. I guess science like aliens allows a simple person simple answers to proof of something.

Plus I am still waiting for science to explain what is the pineal gland,why we have it and what did it evolve from...

Also an old thought but if a mind can not know anything based on nothing you know than it would be impossible to evolove 5 senses from no past experience.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I am an atheist. I have no belief in a god or gods, Jesus as a divine being, heaven or hell =) I do however have belief in my fellow man, my family, my friends, and all the happiness they have brought me over the years. I do not feel an emptiness inside me and I am not a miserable person. I have everything I could want in life right now, I am very happy and content. I do not crucify or ridicule anyone for what they believe. What a person believes is their own business. I just ask that others extend me the same courtesy. =)

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I am pretty much Agnostic, although I am very spiritual. I don't know if there is a God or not, but I think there is much more to us, to life, to the spirit and the soul than what we see on the physical realm. I believe that the physical is fairly insignificant compared to the 'other'.

I think I am a spirit, in possession of a body and a mind, rather than a body in possession of a mind and a spirit. In other words, the Spirit or Soul is who I really am, the basic self. The body is just a physical manifestation of that. A vehicle. And the mind is what I use to make it all work. The body and the mind are my tools.
And when I don't need them anymore, I will lay them down.

As regards Jesus, heaven and hell and the bible, I believe it's a story. That's about it. There are many nice and meaningful words and life lessons in the story, and some of it may have actually happened, but I don't believe that it's THE TRUTH about where we came from and where we're going. It's just a story and most of it is symbolic. I don't think we need to bible to learn the lessons as life will teach us if we allow it.

I believe there is a 'life' after death. I have felt, heard and witnessed events that lead me to believe that. I am not at all afraid of death, because I truly believe it's just a change, not an end.

This is a PODcast I made about some of the things that I Believe.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I believe in God the Father, maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ His only son.
I believe in the virgin birth.
I believe Jesus was crucified, died for the sins of humanity, and was resurected, and now lives and sits and the right hand of God the Father.

I believe that Satan exists; was created as Lucifer, and fell from grace.
Satan now is the god of the earth, hence the suffering in the world etc.

I believe that my faith in Jesus Christ will bring me to an eternal presence with Himself.

I believe that God's word, The Holy Bible, has been supernaturally kept un-corrupted over time.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Every Christian gotta start thinking outside the box. They change so much of the bible that we dont really use that book in my sect. Form your own opinions, why would you use such mutated and distorted work just because its the popular fad? Its apart of the b.e.a.s.t. that is trapping Christians. Everyone is a child of God, so if Jesus is the Son of God then so Im I. With that said Im the Son of God. Jesus was meant to for the common man to relate to. So making him a deity looses the essense of that. You can not relate to a divine being and no divine being could ever be killed or harmed. P.E.A.S.E.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As a learned person, I do believe in the existence of a supreme force. I do believe that there is a heaven and a hell, though I do not subscribe to the standard view of such. Good and Evil are real, but most are concepts that are more oriented from man. Did Jesus exists, yes. Do I believe he was the messiah, that is still under debate. What motivates me is the simple concept that we are all one person. How you treat another person ultimately will state more than all of the best intentions. I am more of an action person, doing first and then talking about it second. The other things that I have noticed, is that few tend to live the message or belief. Many believe, but few live such. Faith takes on a whole new meaning and the understanding deepens if people would live by the rules of their belief. Take a look around you can see the people who just go through and talk, and those who live. Am I a christian, no. But I do live by a set of guidelines and morals, some a bit tougher than those of the chirstian beliefs and others are a bit lighter.
Well that is my take on it.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes there is a God.

if you seek the lord with all your heart then you will find him

Yes there is a jesus, ask Angelwings9999

yes there is a hell- I used to NOT belive in one. But there is. This man had a NDE and he went to hell. *Near Death Experience*

So yes, yes, and yes...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yes there is a heaven. Because I have been there. There is no such thing as death..

I went to heaven in a O.B.E experience. Out of Body, actually I guess you could say Astral Projection. Ever have it? Yes you have, everyone does, most don't remember. So what I do is I keep a dream journal.

Helps me with ideas too, for my stories.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85

Is there a God,Jesus,heaven and hell ?

I would just like to ask what your beliefs are on God...

Of course there is a God.

how else do you think you got here.

Your papa didn't made you; he just carried you.

heaven and hell are locations where your soul goes once your body becomes worm food.

sorry to scare you dude but yes, one day you will be worm food.

heaven and hell.

one place is for torture, and the other is for endless pleasure.

People like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Saddam will end up in the Hostel. know the one I mean?

all killers end up there.

and people like me and Brad Pitt will end up with Julia Roberts.

Sorry there is no third place.

You are either with the good guys, or you are with the Guantanamo guards.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The answer to your questions are yes, yes, yes and yes. The Bible can fill you in on all the details.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Beyond the biblical reference to God, I think the best answer to if there is a god or not, would best be left to M. Ghandi. When he was asked if he belived in the divine, he stated yes he did believe in the divine, and when asked why he said, because I feel it all around me. I am under the belief that there is a point in a persons spiritual life when they grow to the point to where the question of if there is a god or not becomes irrevelant as they feel it all around them and there is not longer a doubt in their minds.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
that's true.if you can attain a clear state of mind&set certain values for yourself,you will be enlightened.your senses will become more keen&and fear subsided.eventually leading you to your platuea,and firm realization of who you really are.from there you should never change,because you have found god.
-we're all jesus in the sense that we sacrifice ourselves to others

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Heck just read about Adam and Eve a 1-2 page in the torah.

Than dive in head first in the tree of life.

Look up Chaos theory.

See than Jewish Messiah/Christians antichrist

than see kabbalahist view of Jewish Messiah eliminating chaos.

If that doesn't do it than face it when you need to.

I am really surprised more people have not been in a situation where they had no one to turn to but God? Like a very scary situation?????

If thats to much to start with just get into philosophy and go from there. Once you start gaining answers you will be addicted for more.

top topics

join