It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning People Suck

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
BlackOps719, have mercy! I always wondered why I was a morning person. Was it because I was born at 6:30AM? Is it because my melatonin levels drop at daybreak--as soon as I open my eyes? I can't ever sleep in, even on vacations! How I envy my night-owl husband! He can stay up late sober or not and be clear headed for late night tv. I can't make it past the single digits! Campfires--yeah, I can't stay up past the first flame, I'm sleeping when everyone else is drunk and singing off key and having fun. I had to give up being an astronomer and go for a day job! Have mercy!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
HAHA! not only do I jump out of bed in the morning, I take cold shower!! LOL I imagine you cringe already.

You, are not posting in the correct thread. You are obviously looking for some bizarre sado/masochist forum to describe your perverted morning routine.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
You, are not posting in the correct thread. You are obviously looking for some bizarre sado/masochist forum to describe your perverted morning routine.

LMAO!

I suppose I fall into the Not-A-Morning-Person category myself...

Before I actually worked for a living and wasn't corrupted by the evil 9 to 5 shift, I would sleep in every day....Especially on the weekends....

Now it seems I can't sleep past 11:00...And I don't even need my alarm clock to wake up in the mornings...It just happens....I hate that!

I probably miss a lot of great photo opportunities by not catching the morning sunrise...I do make a few rare exceptions though....But for the most part, sunsets are equally as attractive and quite a bit more accessible to me

Monday mornings are by far the worst...Garfield is my hero

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Heh, if I wanted to see a sunrise, I'd just stay up all night.

Same goes for when I leave early for a trip. I'm better off staying up than going to bed early, because then I'll just lay there for hours and not be able to sleep. Once I am asleep however, don't dare wake me up!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Good morning all you wonderful, beautiful fellow ATS'ers...
What a fine morning it is huh? Birds are chirping, sun is shining and i feel as bright as a button and filled with a kind of magic and wonder.... for it is a new day and a new start....er..OOPS!!!

Wrong thread

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I sort of know what you mean. I get prettty moody in the morning. I sometimes get a cup of tea take it to my room. Because "morning people" are all awake and talking way too much for how I feel.

Basically the best morning is the most calm and peaceful morning.

Hmm I can't really explain what I'm trying to say. But yes I sometimes get this REALLY uncomfortable moody feeling for no reason at all, you could be just breathing heavily and I would then walk to my room until I wake up properly lol.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I understand what you're saying. My mother used to pull the blankets off me, turn on every light, sing out loud or complain every morning till i got married!!!!

I love my mother, but that was ABUSE

Not only that, but cleaning the house, making all sorts of noise, when it's WAY too early can be annoying too lol.

Ps. If anyone has been a day sleeper, it is a NIGHTMARE trying to sleep when everyone else is up and about. Especially if you can hear every single thing and words. Or people come talk to you. You basically get super disturbed sleep, and when you eventually wake up. They would say "your lazy" lol, when in reality you probably had WAY less sleep than them, and it was disturbed sleep too.

Advice: sleep at night, get up early, and live a day life. It's not easy being a vampire....

[edit on 7-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not a morning person, but my ex-employer was. We ran the business from her home and every morning, even though she knew I hated it she'd pounce on me as soon as I got in.

She'd be lonely from the previous evening and couldn't wait for someone to talk to. Honestly, sometimes I'd only be half way through the front door before she'd start. And God help me if I tried to creep up the stairs to my office undetected.

Her view was that since I was in her home I had no business looking miserable in it.

Sometimes she wouldn't even be dressed properly or would be in the middle of her breakfast but I'd be expected to be on the ball and 'bright eyed and bushy-tailed'.

The worst mornings were when she wasn't well. Imagine just stepping over the thresh-hold at work and hearing a voice floating down the stairs 'I'm not well' - that would be enough to ruin my day.

You'd think if someone was paying you to do a job they'd want you to work at maximum efficiency - undisturbed and happy in yourself. Ideally, I'd like about half an hour to settle into my work routine, but I would have accepted 5 or 10 minutes if only I could have gotten it.

Never mind, all in the past now. Early mornings are wonderful in the country, where I am now - and no pressure to 'enjoy' them if I don't feel like it that day.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Going to bed before 5am is quite difficult for me.

As far as morning, well, people who enjoy the other living dead who walk around at those hours should lighten up. Its not all that fun being a normal person, I've tried it.

There have been studies that show that there are many people out there with a nocturnal trait. History shows that there were night-time watchmen who slept during days, as far back at the stone-age.

I am more suited to guard the village than watch the sun rise.

Anyway, I just woke up and my heat is not turned on, so its about 56 degrees in my apartment, so I'm getting back under the covers for an hour more sleep.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would definitely be the type to guard the cave at night too. As luck would have it, I start work at 6 am!

Now, I'm usually a live and let live kind of guy but to the original poster, I know what you mean about the people drinking coffee and reading the paper who have been there since 5 am and are just waiting for people to come in to 'jump' with their morning thoughts and greetings. -Not to mention read the paper to them
. I would think they would get it after a few years, I guess they think we would become like them after a time? For anyone on the other side of the fence, -it isn't going to happen.

When I was 5-6, my grandma would sometimes feed and dress me for school when I was pretty much still asleep. I have to do it myself now but, it hasn't changed all that much.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's a good job it's quite hard to own a gun in the UK... If I lived in the US I would probably carry a 9mm semi automatic around with me for the first half an hour after I've woken up... I hate people talking to me about anything in the morning especially if it is not essential life and death... Don't enen offer me a coffee, just stay out of my way and do not make eye contact.

If I lived in any country with easy access to fire arms I would be on death row within a week... And it would be worth it... Morning people need to fall from great height on to pointy things.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have to get up at 6 am to get my daughter ready for school.
I am NOT a morning person, and my husband comes home at 3:30am. He says I always have some choice words for him when I wake up when he comes to bed, but I do not remember,lol

When I was a kid, I was hard to wake up. My dad would ring the phone in my room. I would unplug it and lock the door. He unbolted the door once , and when I woke up I punched him. Was having a bad dream and did not realize I was awake,lol Still got my a** whooped for it!

[edit on 7-2-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I pound my snooze button like it owes me money

All hail the snooze button...

Best thing ever invented.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Mornings are evil and must be stopped at all costs. I hate people in general and twice as much in the morning.

S&F for you my morning despising brother!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yup, nother star and flag from me too BlackOps....i've been trying for 3 decades to get me to wake up naturally before 9 am and I just can't do it. I think Desert may be onto something here...I was born early afternoon in the middle of winter, so maybe birthtime does have an influence here. I'm just so damn grumpy till I've had maybe two cups of tea and a shower, and then approach with caution.....usually till lunchtime, at least. Mornings are just not natural.....

Oh yeah...I forgot to add....when I was a teenager, my mum worked nightshift. If I wasn't out of bed when she got in at about 8am, she would bawl me out and slam on all the lights...every single morning....do you think that might have something to do with my dislike of them? Sounds kinda cruel when I say it now.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm a morning person, so, sue me!

It's you stick in the mud, not morning people who ruin the rest of the day for people like us who are!

Get a night job if you can't deal with people who wake up with the sun. Simple..............yet you won't do it and hold us accountable!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

But you are completely to blame....really you are....you all need to learn the twin arts of silence and unobtrusiveness until sent for, or spoken to by a Night Being....be busy if you like, but do it quietly! Surely that's not too much to ask, is it...*grin!*

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Get a night job if you can't deal with people who wake up with the sun. Simple..............yet you won't do it and hold us accountable!

See, this is the problem with morning people. They just don't understand how biased the world is against nocturnal life.

Not only are the jobs available very limited, think about all the other stuff that a normal adult has to do that can't be done at 3AM because of the unfair preference shown for morning people.

Try getting an appointment for a doctor, a dentist, even a haircut, between midnight and 5 AM. I'm lucky that I've lived in the city for so long – at least I have 24 hour stores within a block of my house, and all-night taco trucks and falafel stands in the street.

No one wants to make plans with you at 2AM - friends think it's a good idea to schedule "brunch" for 10AM on a Sunday

To the person who brought up daylight savings time: I have been advocating the half-hour solution for years now too! I think it's more than reasonable – we give up a half hour, they give up a half hour, and then no one has to worry about changing their clocks again

And just one more thing – people better be damn sure I love them to death before they go saying "ooh, haven't had your coffee yet, huh?" if I snap at them in the morning. If I haven't had my coffee yet, teasing me is not going to go over well

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join