It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning People Suck

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Let me start by saying what you have probably already figured out thus far - I am NOT a morning person. No matter if I get six hours of sleep or sixteen hours of sleep, when I wake up I hate the world and everything in it for about the first hour or so before my brain absorbs enough caffein to kick start my nervous system. No matter what time I go to sleep, no matter how many hours of sleep I get, I am still tired when I wake up. And I despise getting out of bed - especially when it is early and cold out, sometimes I would rather die than make the climb from the bed to the shower. I pound my snooze button like it owes me money and I have broken more alarm clocks than I care to count. People who love me and know me know to avoid me at all cost first thing in the morning because I am a cranky bastard and they know it. I dont really know why I am this way, but I have always hated the morning. Even when I was in elementary school my mother would have to virtually drag me out of bed for school kicking and screaming. I don't consider myself a "lazy" person, in fact I am ultra productive during the other hours of the day.
When I drive to work in the mornings I am coasting on auto pilot and sometimes I arrive at work not knowing how the hell I got there.

But back to my original point - I absolutely despise these "morning" people, you all know who you are. That person that shows up to work an hour early, the one that greets you in the morning with a big dumb smile on their face and some stupid idiotic comment like "Today is gonna be great!" or "wake up sleepy head" or "somebody didn't eat their Wheeties this morning" or some other nauseatingly cheerful B.S..IMO there is nothing to be that happy about at 8:00 am and this kind of gibberish really makes me angry. Working in an office building as I do it is almost impossible to beat a co-worker into a coma and dispose of their body without being noticed by others, but I think about it often enough. Just a heads up morning folk - that look of utter disgust and contempt on the face of the non morning person that you just assaulted with your stupid cheery sun shiny greeting is not an act, they really do hate you. Stop being a pain in the ***, occupy yourself with something else to do and leave the non morning folks alone long enough to fully gain a grasp on reality before you begin spewing your sub-moronic drivel and babbling about whatever crap is on your menu for that particular day. This will avoid uneeded conflict and will cut violence in the workplace by at least half.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I hate you, too.

Too bad it wasn't morning when I posted this. hah

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hehehe I hate mornings too. I'm more of a night owl. I hate the way whole world starts early. Damn stupid rules. Go back to bed people .

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Too bad it wasn't morning when I posted this. hah

You are obviously one of "them" .... Touche.

You must be one of the ultra annoying morning dwellers to have taken such offence to my rant. Hate is a powerful word...but...yeah

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You must be one of the ultra annoying morning dwellers to have taken such offence to my rant.

hahah

offence? not at all.

you hate morning, i love it. it's cool.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So what do you love so much about the mornings? I am genuinely curious, from the perspective of a morning person, what is it that you are so happy about? I can't understand ...I mean even the chirping birds make me sick...tell me what you love about mornings and maybe it will give me some insight so that perhaps I too can love mornings some day.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What do I love about mornings?

sunrises, for one.

And nothing beats waking up feeling refreshed ready to start a new day

I just love waking up early (preferably before the sun so I can catch the sunset) and getting a lot done before anyone else is awake
I feel good in the mornings, I don't take very long to wake up, and morning makes me happy.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm just as much a night person, which creates problems

[edit on 18-4-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I envy you....if I could wake up energized, with a smile and a great attitude to start the day...wow....I think...I think... it would never happen...lol...that is so far from my daily reality it's not even funny. For me a great start to the day is getting dressed on time, grabbing my first cup of coffee and making it out the door without cursing at anyone or kicking the cat.

I like a nice sunrise too but the only time I really see one is if I have been up all night partying. Definately a night owl
whoooo

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
All I need to wake up is to brush my teeth. I don't drink coffee. I normally get out of bed, brush my teeth, then go outside for a little bit for some air. It's nice, especially in Spring.

It's too bad you can't enjoy mornings. They are beautiful.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is a funny post. ...very funny.

I am myself actually more of a night creature. Often up till 3 to 5 in the morning when I am off work.
Most of my adult life I have worked graveyard shifts. 11PM to 7AM. I never did care for crowds much..traffic either. This has always been one of the strong appeals to me..less crowds and less traffic. When I go to work most people are getting ready for bed and when I get off most are at work. Great by me.
Never been much of a daywalker. I can do it ..its just not my cup of tea.

As for viewing the sunrise. I do that often just before getting off work. I work on the waterfront and get to see the sun rising and shining its light on the river and the bridge spanning this river. It makes the concrete on this bridge look like shiny limestone from a distance. Very pretty.

However to Black Ops. I can function quite well on a daytime schedule. It is just not my cup of tea. I can usually get up quite well and function. Its just something I have learned from my days working for Uncle Sam. You just suck it up and get going. It helps to have alot of your equipment pre staged for the next day...ordered in a pattern so you dont have to run round like a headless chicken trying to get ready and doing so in mass confusion. The headless chicken type of thing makes your day start off ..very badly. Pre staging helps.

From time to time I get stuck on a day shift or swing shift schedule and I dont care for it at all. I love the nights ..the nights protect me..keep me mostly hidden from view. Thats ok by me. That daywalker stuff...this world can shove it....as far as I am concerned.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I totally agree! I can't stand how some people just wake right up (sometimes before the alarm clock even goes off) and they just jump out of bed, singing a little tune, all cheery and happy to be up and alive. WHY?

When was it decided that the world MUST be up-and-at-'em before 8 AM?

I can understand how it was like that when EVERYONE was a farmer and what got done that day depended on when the sun was up - but now most people aren't farmers - and we have these wonderful inventions called electricity and light bulbs - guess what, we can now be productive ANY time of the day -

So why must my a$$ get out of bed so early on the weekdays? - So I can be at work in time to help these people that think their daily errands must be completed before 9 AM?

And God forbid you'd rather work 2nd or 3rd shift, It's like the only shift that 'deserves' a 'real' salary is the one willing to get up at the a$$-crack of dawn. Why? I mean a job's a job right? so why should you get paid less for the same job because you'd rather work 3pm to 11pm or 11pm to 7am?

And this whole daylight savings time thing? what's that all about now? I understand that in the past, when people still had to use candles and kerosene lamps that it was a good idea to have the sun up earlier in the morning to save fuel - but what about evening? it's darker earlier, so we're still using up as much fuel, just in the evening instead of the morning. Don't get me wrong, I like that extra hour of sleep in the fall - but losing that hour of sleep in the spring is KILLING ME!!!!!! What do I care if some snot nosed brat has to get on the bus while it's still a little dark in the morning - JUST START SCHOOL AN HOUR LATER! I don't know about most people, but when I get off at 5 pm, and it's ALREADY DARK - that's just depressing! I sleep as late as I can every morning, go to work, drag a$$ all day, then get off at 5 and it's already dark!?!?!?! What's up with that?

If it was up to me, we would just fall back 30 minutes next October, and then LEAVE IT ALONE! No more changing the clocks! Yay! Everyone would be happy - I mean it's just 30 minutes, and it's a pretty fair solution.

But what do I know . . . I'm "crazy" since I'm not up with the chickens, ready to have my day's work done before 9 AM.

"We do more before 9am than most people do all day" - Well then, you're either on crack, or have some hyper metabolism that's going to kill you by the time you're 40

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I understand what you're saying. My mother used to pull the blankets off me, turn on every light, sing out loud or complain every morning till i got married!!!!

I love my mother, but that was ABUSE

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm a morning person, in the fact that I hit the hay around 6am, then get up at about 2ish.

I also hate those people that say 'had a good sleep?' and so on. They seriously need to suck a brick.

If ANYONE pulls the blankets off me, be it my mother, GF, anyone! They should brace themselves for an automatic M4 BB gun barrage.

Bloody hate mornings.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Haha, vampires of ATS unite!

Even though I've been working a day job for about a year now, I still have trouble getting up. And if I don't have my caffeine, I'm a zombie. I don't really start waking up till 8pm unless I've been injecting regular amounts of caffeine into my blood stream all day.

Since we're in rant mode here, I'd like to add this... I absolutely hate it when someone wakes me up with a knock on the door, or some phone call at the crack of dawn. Then to make matters worse, they'll make some rude comment about my sleeping in, assuming that I'm just lazy. Some people actually work the night shift, and I don't think early risers would like to be bothered at 3am with a salesman knocking on their door or calling! Grrrr

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Kruel -

I used to have a sign on the front door stating, "DAY SLEEPER - DO NOT WAKE!" and a similar message on the answering machine with the volume setting all the way down, the machine set to pick up on the first ring of the phone.

Only problem was, it didn't stop family from calling and asking for things. They would call repeated, using the "one ring" to wake me up. I was the only one in the family for a long time that had a truck so I got lots of calls from the MIL, "Can you come haul this for me?" "I know you are sleeping but can yourun to Lowe's and pick up my new washer for me?" That kind of stuff.

They started to get the hint when I started to call them at midnight just to chit chat with them, and when they would say, "It's a little late to call", I would just laugh and tell them that "Hey, you called me yesterday at 3 in the afternoon and that is the middle of my night!"

Anyway, good rant.

JDub

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook

I used to have a sign on the front door stating, "DAY SLEEPER - DO NOT WAKE!" and a similar message on the answering machine with the volume setting all the way down, the machine set to pick up on the first ring of the phone.

JDub

That's just cool! I want one, the sign on my door says,

''In 1892, on this spot, nothing happened''

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Those of you who love getting out of bed in the morning.....can choke on your Cheerios.

How can jumping out of bed possibly be better than warm blankets, soft pillows, drowsy dreamsss....z.zz.z.zzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The one thing that makes me the most furious - and those of you in the Southeastern U.S. know - is when I am sleeping in on Saturday morning, one of my only days to sleep past 7am, and I get awakened by an incessant pounding on my front door - and when I open it up, pissed off, groggy and homicidal -there they stand JEHOVAS WITNESSES
Guess what - if I have to drag my sorry butt out of bed and answer the door half asleep, the odds are very unlikely that I will be in the mood for deep spiritual and religious debate. The odds are very high however that I will throw something at you, spew an awful frightful stream of obscenities, and very good odds that I will sick the dog on you. This crap should be against the law. If I have to wake up to some moron in a black suit standing in my doorway holding religious literature one more time I really do think that God will forgive me when I snap his neck and leave his carcass to decay on my front lawn. The worst part is that now they have gotten wise to the door slamming response and have developed a technique, they either try to bulldoze their way into your house before you can tell them to **** off OR the worst, they bring a little kid with them and have them stand at the door when you open it because I guess most people are too ashamed to slam the screen door on an eight year old holding a bible. MOST people....lol. All I can say is little Billy had better start wearing a crash helmet if he decides to work my block.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I hate morning people too. Especially freaking PERKY ONES!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
Those of you who love getting out of bed in the morning.....can choke on your Cheerios.

How can jumping out of bed possibly be better than warm blankets, soft pillows, drowsy dreamsss....z.zz.z.zzzzzzzzzzz

HAHA! not only do I jump out of bed in the morning, I take cold shower!! LOL I imagine you cringe already.

However I don't make witty comments to coworkers about having a good sleep. I'm not that anal.

I'm not much of a sleeper either, one would almost have to tie myself to the bed for me to fall asleep. I have no trouble playing on the computer all night and going to work the next day without any sleep. I'm most likely shortening my life span for doing that, my body sure will hate me when I become an old fart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join