It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the moon landing a fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I know I know. "That guy doesn't believe in the Apollo missions, he's crazy!"

But come on, that's no fun.

Think about this: The fact that we apparently went to the moon almost 50 years ago, but we are still stuck here at Earth now? Why can't we do it? I know it's expensive, but the Apollo program cost only a little over what the shuttle program cost. And we already know, so they say, how to build one. Could this have been a classic Cold War hoax to keep everyone thinking that we're "the best"?

The problem with the Apollo program is that it all doesn't add up. It just wouldn't make sense for the US to scrap the greatest space project ever. I mean come on, what's the point of the ISS, to "study the effects of space on plants"? Why? It seems to me that the only explanation is that it never happened.

Here is a link with more on the evidence in the video/pics taken "on the moon":
Apollo Conspiracy

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Me too, and have you seen the way that the flag is blowing in the wind.

Look, Not a one-liner!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I don't believe that we made it ito the moon, for scientific reasons as well as a few others, which I will look into as soon as I actually get home.

My two cents worth.

[edit on 19/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure we've been through this, but it will always be one of those interesting fun topics.
There's a site (which I couldn't find no matter where I looked) that gives detail and plain scientific explanations for the anomalies, from the C Rock to radiation questions. (It's much like this site - but not the one I'm looking for.)

So why haven't man been to the moon lately? What on earth do we want to do on the moon? We've been there. Came. Conquered. Saw that there's nothing but dust and rocks. Came back home. I don't think we'll learn much more about the moon if we keep going back. Oh, and the Japanese are going to the moon. (If they can get all their "issues" out of the way.)

Edit:
This site is worth a look at as well.

And I quote:

That ridiculous "Apollo was faked" conspiracy theory is nothing but paranoid rubbish. - Neil M. Haggath

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Answers to all your questions and more can be found by reading this entire thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think its a mixture, a few where faked and some where real.
They must have been there because of the Laser-Measurment
(A mirror is being placed on the moonsurface).
Measurements wich are still being conducted `till today.
The only thing i`ve always problems with, is the "Van Allen Belt" Theory
maybe they used UFO-Technology to get the things up there

Laser Experiment (Moon-Earth)

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Why hoax several lunar landings, and a failed attempt (Apollo 13) when just one would have been so much easier?

Meanwhile, if they were hoaxed, how are they going to get replicas of the lunar landers, moon buggy etc up there, and put all those footprints in the dust in place, before the Chinese arrive on the Moon? Some folk must be sweating buckets over that wee problem!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I believe that we were on the moon and some of the photos were edited to hide something up there.

Read the above thread as it covers all of these points of view.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't know if they went to the moon, but, one thing i know the photos and the movies are all fake, austronauts in moon pictures and in the moon movies are CIA guys, pretending to be astronauts. The photos and the movies were made in England, under the direction of Stanley Kubrick, using the studio were he was "shooting" 2001 space odissey, it took a weekend to do it!

PS: by the way, 2001 space odissey was the advertisement movie for sending a man to the moon, a public relations movie

Crustas

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I take it you missed the end of the Mockumentary where they reveal the whole show as a gag then...
I have to admit though, it ws a corker! Excellent at showing how people can be fooled into believing anything through presentation methods..

Dark Side of the Moon is a French mockumentary by director William Karel which originally aired on Arte in 2002 with the title Operation Lune. The basic premise for the film is the conspiracy theory that the television footage from the Apollo 11 Moon landing was faked and actually recorded in a studio by the CIA with help from director Stanley Kubrick. It features some surprising guest appearances, most notably by Donald Rumsfeld, Dr. Henry Kissinger, Alexander Haig, Buzz Aldrin and Stanley Kubrick's widow, Christiane Kubrick.
en.wikipedia.org...(documentary)

During an interview with Stanley Kubrick's widow the story came to light that Kubrick contributed to the popular success of the US space program with his film 2001: A Space Odyssey. He had the support of NASA which realized the film would popularize its costly space program. The director of this "documentary" took this revelation one step further by inventing an astonishing scenario for the images of the moon landing, and validating it with "hijacked" archival footage and authentic interviews out of context.

This film should have your class humbled in the realization of how difficult it is to separate truth from manipulation in the media. The film will be useful in media studies classes.
www.filmakers.com...

Watch the end and credits next time

The saddest thing is that some sites actually use it as 'evidence'

[edit on 19-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
....Watch the end and credits next time

....[edit on 19-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

Thank you for the information, i don't have the credits on the movie

In every lie there is a little bit of true

Crustas

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ah no problem, they don't reveal until the end. But as you can see it is an excellent example that demonstrates how a little creative editing and taking things out of context, coupled with a good yarn loosely based on truth can be very convincing. I highly recommend people watch it, it's a real eye opener.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As AgentSmith said...

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

Closing this one up.

top topics

join