It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Iranian official spotted in Washington?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
While doing my morning news search i found this article...

Senior Iranian official spotted

It all seems a bit vague to me... very hush hush...I don't think this guy was meant to be spotted....

....i'm going to do a search and see if i can find any more info...

...any theories??

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
(Shrugs) Beats me, maybe he wants to calm the waters by agreeing to U.S. demands, or he is offering an alternative which could be that Iran be admitted to WTO as well as allowing the U.S. to invest in Iran's oil, in return that the U.S. allow the Iranians to produce nuclear energy.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
o.k....Why the no visa....hush hush?

And since when have the lines of communication been open between these two countries?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
o.k....Why the no visa....hush hush?

And since when have the lines of communication been open between these two countries?

The Swiss mostly is responsible for representing the U.S. to Iran, however the U.S. may not want the Swiss to deal with the situation for them, so the U.S. is stepping in line to talk to the Iranians personally and also to prevent the Swiss from knowing whats going on with the negotiations. Not to mention that hush hush could mean that both sides are trying to save face while not appeasing in the public for their people. Neither side wants war.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Mohammad Nahavandian is the Iranian Deputy for Economic Affairs..unless there's another senior Iranian official with the same name.

[edit on 18/4/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Mohammad Nahavandian is the Iranian Deputy for Economic Affairs..unless there's another senior Iranian official with the same name.

No its the same guy alright. As the source mentioned as an economic aide, not to mention an expert dealing with economics, he was pushing for Iran's entry to WTO.

new topics

top topics

join