It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Sweats & vibrating need answers!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There is a few around ATS that say this is a spiritual growth thing , i should be patient it will lead to a higher awareness, but it is really starting to suck my wife is threatening to make me sleep in the bath tub the sweating is really bad , if this is negativity that I'm sweating out then i must have been a really bad boy, the vibrating makes it imposable to relax can anyone help me understand this a little better, i would really appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

CAUSES OF NIGHT SWEATS

* Menopause or Andropause. Menopause in women is the most common cause of night sweats. However, some men also suffer from night sweats during the male menopause, or andropause.
* HIV, tuberculosis. In fact, any infectious disease or condition that brings on a fever can cause night sweats.
* Diabetes. Diabetes can also cause night sweats.
* Sleep apnea. This is the one that most concerns us. Night sweats can also be a sign of sleep apnea. If you also suffer from severe snoring and excessive daytime sleepiness, it might be time for a study.
* Alcohol, some drugs, spicy foods. Consumption of any of these can cause night sweats. And by drugs, I'm not necessarily referring to street drugs. Some prescription drugs, like Zoloft, can also cause night sweats.

sleepdisorders.about.com...

Night sweats, or nocturnal hyperhydrosis, can be caused by many things. Sweating is a natural body function, but if it becomes bad enough to wake you up night after night, wet and shivering, it has gone beyond "natural." Stanford Medical Center lists the following as possible causes:

* Any illness where you suffer from a fever.
* diabetes
* Hyperthyroidism
* Secretion from certain cells in the brain
* Anemia
* Hypothalamic lesions
* Epilepsy
* Strokes
* Cerebral palsy
* Migraine
* Spinal cord infarction
* Head injury
* Familial dysautomia
* Anti-nausea medication used in pregnancy
* Obstructive sleep apnea

sleepdisorders.about.com...

Spiritual Growth?

I'd see a doctor imo, but hey thats just me.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Lysergic beat me to it I was going to post the exact same as he did , so I won't bother now , but I agree see a doctor.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
But i dont fill sick this has been going on for months

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

CAUSES OF NIGHT SWEATS

* Menopause or Andropause. Menopause in women is the most common cause of night sweats. However, some men also suffer from night sweats during the male menopause, or andropause.
* HIV, tuberculosis. In fact, any infectious disease or condition that brings on a fever can cause night sweats.
* Diabetes. Diabetes can also cause night sweats.
* Sleep apnea. This is the one that most concerns us. Night sweats can also be a sign of sleep apnea. If you also suffer from severe snoring and excessive daytime sleepiness, it might be time for a study.
* Alcohol, some drugs, spicy foods. Consumption of any of these can cause night sweats. And by drugs, I'm not necessarily referring to street drugs. Some prescription drugs, like Zoloft, can also cause night sweats.

Well according to this it could be caused by Alcohol , spicy foods etc , see a doctor if it is real bad , or maybe get a fan or change your bedding?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
First, during or immediately after an episode take your body core temperature. Your body doesn't sweat without reason. Make sure you're not runnin' a temp. I had a similar problem related to a stroke - I could "sweat a bed soaked in a hour" once an episode started. I used a kiddies urine detector and it's "tune" to wake me up.
The "reset" afforded by waking minimizes the problem and sometimes it'll go away for the night. Turns out my thermo-regulation problem is brain-damage related. I can only believe what the Doc's say.
At times I've woke up to think that I was so "hot" as to be a candidate for human spontaneous combustion yet my temperature is normal - 98 and change.
If you are above normal operating temp - seek medical assistance immediately.
I hope things improve for you,

Victor K

[edit on 18-4-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i did tell my doc about it he didn't seem to worried about it ,then again hes always been a little weird, as far as the bedding my wife keeps throwing it away costing me a fortune

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
sorry I couldn't provide a mystical reply, even if you don't feel sick I'd see a doctor that is unless you enjoy the night sweats and feel they're part of uhhh some uhh sort of uhh yeah.

ps: did you visit the links even? I mean there are many many MANY things that could be causing them other than uhh spiritual growth...

try another doctor? I personally would be concerned about having night sweats after reading through all these ailments that can cause them..

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzo
But i dont fill sick this has been going on for months

Man... go see a doctor it could be to late by then... I was healthy never felt pain or sick... and then BANG! Cancer! 6 months left....thank god “I mean that has a expression I am not a religious person” the treatments worked....

Don't screw your life go see a doctor.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Check your blood glucose levels, Skitzo. Sounds like a hypo to me. If they're under 70, get yourself something to eat--a glass of milk, a banana, followed by some protein---peanutbutter, cheese, the rest of the meatloaf from dinner.

Then see a doc. That could very well be diabetes.

Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) in diabetes

What should you do if you have hypoglycemia?

I went thru menopause without a hot flash, but I know a hypo when it's happening, I take insulin. It can get to a point where all you want to do is roll up in the covers, shivering, trying to stay warm, and not want to find the food that makes it go away. That's when it gets dangerous.

Better yet, try having that snack before you go to bed. A bowl of oatmeal, bran muffin, something WHOLE GRAIN and see if that's keeps you level thru the night.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I agree with the , goto a doctor, night sweets is a warning sign of something. As for shakeing or shimering, that happens to me all the time since i can remember. its kinda cool its like i am vibrating under my skin but i not physically shakeing or anything, mabey im trying to oobe. or mabey its just a nervious system problem. I think ill goto the doctor also.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thanks to the replies so far yall have successfully scared the hell out of me
i will go and demand some tests from the doc. if i live long enough

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Please let us know how it turns out

I agree with those saying you need medical attention, maybe even a new doctor. You should demand to be taken seriously.
I wish you well and hope it is nothing serious.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hi Skit

If I missed someone posting this answer excuse me for this, but since your going to the Doc, which I'm glad about, ask them to check your Thyroid!
That thought hit me - I could be wrong, hopefully all is ok when you go!
Let me know, I'll be praying!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
why are there so many stupid debunkers on this forum. if you don't like the new age and conspiracy stuff then why are you here?

no the vibration is not a medical thing. its a spiritual thing. going to a doctor would be pointless.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by joepits
why are there so many stupid debunkers on this forum. if you don't like the new age and conspiracy stuff then why are you here?

no the vibration is not a medical thing. its a spiritual thing. going to a doctor would be pointless.

Pointless would be taking the "spiritual" advice of an anonimous poster on ATS. Are you a doctro? If not, you really have no room to talk or diagnose anything. Ignoring symptoms that are most likely not spiritual could make someone very sick.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by joepits

hmm lets think for a moment, shakes can be associated with the night sweats, you say vibration I say shaking.

Crystal power fts?

havent seen anyone say OOO night sweats is part of it. besides what was there to debunk?

the choice is up to the OP to decide wether he wants tos eek medical attention or just say ooo its some new age process.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Open a window, turn down the heat, sleep naked....maybe. I know if my girlfriend falls asleep with too many clothes on when I come to bed she is soaked. If I go to bed with pajamas on I get really hot. I only use one comforter on the bed. It's better to sleep in a cool room in my opion. The shakes and jolts are normal aren't they just your muscles relaxing or something?

Maybe these things are too obvious, maybe you've already tried these things. Just thought I'd check.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ok IF this person used or is using drugs or is drinking then yea it could be that.
IF the person is wearing to many things to bed yea it could be that.
If the person is eating or has ate before bed yea it could be that.
If the person has a high or low suger count yea it could be that.
Blah Blah Blah

Now keep going and seeing a doctor for the same thing and nothing different in the the end....Most of you all told this person to go see another doctor??
Money, money, money ....OOO you dont like this doctor go see another one until you find the one that will guess for its all about the money with the medical field!!!!
If is not about that then why do you make us pay so much....you have bills and you think you can save anyone....who knows .Does this even belong in this area?
Who here is a doctor that can help or do you need money to help?
If you all want to give a piece of mind to this person then stop scaring and help. Help with out sending them to the next fool for gold.
Most of you have been on this site for some time and some of you even have a say on this site and all you have is ooo spend more money to get nothing.
He said he went to the doctor, nothing.
He comes here gets more scared and is told to spend more ....blah blah blah.
Medical field is here to help right,not stop. if the doctor hes seen went to school then he /she should know right, why go to another...unless there is more to the story! who knows how someone truly lives behind there door.
Start to help not scare. or is that it are you guys doctors and had a small pay check so you need to scare another on to come and seek help...with the right amount that is.

look up KUNDALINI!!!
Can you doctors explane this to me?
Or is it not in your book to live by?
Did your high paying school teach this?
Do you think its all in the head/mind?

Take you OOO, And blah blahs and start to help not scare.
oh yea this is all IMO.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Did I mention a doctor?
I wake up sweating quite often. I'm just hot blooded!

If I'm having an intense dream that can make me sweat too.
I'm not worried about waking up in sweat sometimes, I thought it was
normal?

Wash the sheets and get a fan maybe?
Fans make a soothing noise to sleep to and circulate the air
to keep it fresh and cool.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by librasleep]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join