It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dave the Chameleon" - Labours election campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
All i can say is...

LMFAO!!

www.davethechameleon.com...

this might make me vote Labour, its hilarious and so true.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
this might make me vote Labour, its hilarious and so true.

*prays that it was a sarcastic comment*

Although it may be humorous, it reflects the sad face of politics today.

Character assassination and petty mud slinging such as this are responsible for the apathy that eats at the very heart of the electorate, no wonder voter turnout is so bad!
And the fact its a party political broadcast makes it the ever more sadder.

Politics should be about presenting your policy and then explaining why your policy is better than your opponent's policy, not laying into the leader of the opposing party with childish cartoons.
But its not just the Labour Party, its all the political parties that seem to love attacking individual politicians, none are innocent of the petty antics.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
for the record...

everyone knows im not a fan of labour

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
He "flip-flops" according to the front page on that website... Are we going to see the labour grassroots weilding pairs of flip-flops and chanting at the next labour convention?

I think its very sad. They should leave this stuff to the satirists.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I doubt anyone finds the negative stuff especially attractive when it comes to it.

But for as long as they are all going to be at it what does anyone expect?

Chameleon is pretty mild (if wholly accurate) stuff, especially compared to that tragically pathetic and lame demon eyes idiocy the tory party attached their name to, hmmmmm?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
A schoolground "he hit me first" attitude does not make it ok. I agree Prometheus James it is a pathetic state of affairs whoever started it. What does anyone expect? Mabe some standards or adult behaviour. It is tragically pathetic and lame and just as insulting same as the conservative campaign was. If no one finds this negative stuff especially attractive why do it? Is it too much of a risk to refuse to play and take the moral highground? How low will they drag each other will we see website defacement in the future?

Promoted by Peter Watt-the-fek, General Secretary, la bore Party on behalf of la bore Party, both at 16 Old Queen Steet, Dahlings WH1P ME.

With talk of the potential right wing vote rising because voters are being disillusioned with the usual parties (let's just wait for the conservatives to take this tragic bait) they engage in these childish antics. You are right squarepusher it is very sad.

[edit on 19/4/06 by Mark Harris]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Harris
A schoolground "he hit me first" attitude does not make it ok. I agree Prometheus James it is a pathetic state of affairs whoever started it.

- Yeah that's all very well but the sad truth is that it has always been like that (and anyone who claims otherwise is either lying or ignorant of the truth of political campaigning).
The methods just get further and further refined over time.

I don't see anyone 'liking' it but that is the truth of the matter (go look at how it used to be as the franchaise here grew, a scan of 18th and 19th century political pamphlets and cartoons will show you just how crude it once was).

What does anyone expect?

- Well everyone says they expect better and that don't like it but then they all do it (all of them) and the fact is that people respond to it (if it's any 'good').

Mabe some standards or adult behaviour. It is tragically pathetic and lame and just as insulting same as the conservative campaign was. If no one finds this negative stuff especially attractive why do it?

- Because when it works and hits the mark it is extremely effective.

Universally known, short, agenda-setting, accurate and extremely hard to shake off.

Is it too much of a risk to refuse to play and take the moral highground? How low will they drag each other will we see website defacement in the future?

- Well I have some sympathy for your ideals but I think you have little or no idea of the subject, historically.

Things are not particularly "low" now, nor are they getting worse.
Like I said go look at the way things used to be, things now are nothing like as crass.

new topics

top topics

join