It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry Arts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You still don't get it do you, using the cedilla is the standard.

*Shakes head*

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes if you use that search you will find that information.

Using one of the searches you provide we can read the following....

physicalsecurity.masonryarts.com...

Physical Security removed and restored hundreds of pieces of existing limestone from the damaged facade; we acquired 70 truckloads of new limestone to complete the restoration, 27 of which were onsite less than 90 days after the attack.

Your search string will not find this page on the net www.masonrymagazine.com...

On that page we are told many other astonishing things, which contradict other storys told elsewhere.

At the Pentagon, the stone began arriving in February — 45 truckloads in all.

It is hard to work out what is true and what is not, first you must find the errors, then you can ask questions, if everyone else is ignorant to the point you are making then you are usually onto something, well that appears the case here at ats.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not really, you were making the point that it was being hidden, it's not. Your basis for argument in this case was heavily flawed and incorrect.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes really, if you don't use the french spelling you wont find the page i show.

Searching using the words Pentagon/Facade/Masonry arts wont find this page www.masonrymagazine.com...

Where you will find some amazing info.

"There was a memorial held on October 11 for the people who were killed," Bartram notes. "On October 12, we started taking the stone off the building. We took down approximately 2,400 pieces of stone, a lot of which had melted aluminum from the plane embedded in it. We took it all down in about 13 days.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by The Links]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Agent Smith, You still don't get it do you, using the cedilla is the standard if you speak French.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sorry Linksy boy, but no. Why do you think facade with cedilla is first in the dictionary, then facade after?

A little searching and intelligent analysis of things on the web alone shows that there is often dispute, usually in favour of Cedilla:

What, no cedilla? I expect, nay, demand a wealth of diacritical marks from such a cosmopolitan blog.

by AVB on 01/05/06 05:59 PM
Can't bear to do it ... a cedilla killed my dad. We're a macron family now, though I think my nephew is dating a hacek on the sly.

by chris m on 01/06/06 10:03 AM
www.gridskipper.com...

The most common English words written with a cedilla are curaçao, façade, garçon, limaçon, Provençal, and soupçon.
www.hornetranslations.com...

A few words are sometimes spelled in English with a ç, almost all of them borrowings from French, for example façade, soupçon and garçon.
www.absoluteastronomy.com...

In International
English, facade is an accepted spelling of façade, and most Americans never
learn the word with the 'correct' French orthography: for most Americans (this is not an invitation to dump on American language skills), it is the second spelling which will cause confusion.
lists.debian.org...

That's a good article, incidently they go specifically into the problem that was causing your error block to appear.

In conclusion, one therefore assumes that the person writing the article in question was either educated or perhaps not a native speaker.
The mostly likely explanation being the education, not only of the writer but the targetted audience also, as the magazine is not exactly aimed at your average Joe.

This problem is in schools these days, instead of elevating everyone to a high standard, they follow the simpler route of dumbing people down to the lowest level.
That's what's to blame I think, like in this instance where cedilla use is obviously popular debate - people should be taught the proper spelling, but instead they end up believing that everything should have it's standard lowered within reach - so in the end people don't grow because they don't need to.

But anyway, it is common to spell it that way, mainly in higher levels of literature. And this article was hardly your common local rag.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Links
Searching using the words Pentagon/Facade/Masonry arts wont find this page www.masonrymagazine.com...

Google: pentagon+facade+masonry arts

Produces:
Masonry Magazine: Pentagon Series - The Phoenix Team - first page 6th result

at the end of the article you have this:
Return to Table of Contents [for Aug 02]

which takes you here:
Pentagon — Phoenix: Rising from the Pentagon's Ashes

While not a direct result from the search engine I can hardly see where one would get the impression it was being concealed? Keywords, content, page rankings and relevance to the search terms seem the "cause", to me. no?

[edit: Goggle = Google]

[edit on 4/19/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join