It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iranian-Military Parade. *pix*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

i took a very long look at this and thought what a weird shaped UAV i'm sure i've seen somthing like this before but i couldn't remember.

Then i tried to locate the Camera Pod on the UAV and i was wondering where it was then all of a sudden i realised i've seen this shaped UAV before it look similar to the Israeli Harpy drone Anti radiation UAV.

www.israeli-weapons.com...

I'm not saying it the same thing but china did recive some harpy drones from Israel a while back and considering Iran has been getting a huge stash of weapons tech from china like Anti-ship cruise missiles, torpedo's and sea mines etc.... I wouldn't be surprised if they also recived some harpy drones considering Israel confiscated some from china becuase of america and do you think they could have done this to get there own back on israel for confiscating the drones.

here's the article :
www.ynetnews.com...

don;t get me wrong im not saying it is a harpy drone but it would be funny though if it was. Iran is known for making modifications to weapons that it recives when it reverse engineer's them. Look at the design of the nose and then take a look at the wing tips they look similar.

by the way once again im not saying this is a harpy but the similarities are quite extreme. Also i would be very surprised if a millitry as big as Iran didn't actually have any anti-radiation missiles.

www.spacedaily.com...
www.solargeneral.com...

[edit on 18-4-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

H&K G3s, I hope that the Iranian soilder know what the F means ^^
Frieden hehehe.

(The G3 has a S-E-F triggergroup, S=Sicher=safe E=Einzelfeuer=Single Shot F=Feuerstoß=burst/full auto. the Soldiers of the Bundewehr named the burstmode as Frieden(peace) because of the letter F and the effect.)

Do they produce the G3 with license or are that "original" G3 (made in germany?)

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zimmerolm
Do they produce the G3 with license or are that "original" G3 (made in germany?)

They are license built in Iran as far as Im aware.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
What sort of planes are they, that were flying?

They look like Russian MiG-29 Fulcrums. Not sure if Iran uses the same designation or not though.

As far as military surplus, they still fly many of the planes and helicopters that we sold them during the reign of the shah. They've made changes to them as far as their own engines, and engineering spare parts for them, since they can't get spares, but the basic airframes are still the same.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
The Iranian military can sure dress up smart.

Interestingly there are no pictures of the Special Unit of Martyr Seekers who have been strutting around at other parades in Iran. This "unit" of suicide bombers with their smart State-issued explosive-filled vests strutting proudly infront of their inspirational leaders fills me with more dread and concern than these pictures.

yes they can paraphi.. i also think they are spiffey..and also like you i wonder why no suicide bomber vests out of 40,000 you would think that a few would show up on film

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Well, In a ground war, Iran will have the advantage since they have battlerifles AND armor...

Last I checked, read, and heard, the US and Coalition has "battlerifles AND armor." The "advantage" going to whom again please?

That Islamic Nazi 'goosestep' still looks foreboding today, huh?

seekerof

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Looks like a parade @ Disney World

The guy in the mini sub isnt even wearing a rebreather. Follow the bubbles and drop a grenade

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why do countries do this? This is a serious question and I don't want a smart @ss answer. I mean any country that does this, why do they do it, what is the point? NK does this all the time, why? we know they have bombs and guns, there a country, I'm assuming they could muster up some helmets. Does every country do this other then america, I could very well be wrong but i don't recall military parades where we show off all our new toys? Does england or europe in general? I just don't understand the point of this.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Any enemy of the US, except Russia or China (or possibly Ukraine, India or France) would have their air force wiped out more or less immediately. In addition the enormous industrial capacity of the US makes fighting an air war against her unlikely. The war with Iran, if it comes, will be a brutal house-to-house one. I see a near-zero chance that they will capitulate, or that the US could win such a war in the near-term.

On the other hand, Israel is not likely to take a serious threat of repeated genocide lightly. If Iran truly is foolish enough to move against them they will be brutally exterminated, in all likelyhood with nuclear weapons.

Let's hope some really smart people are working on this now. Perhaps this is what is behind the push to get rid of Rummy. The Generals may see a possiblity of a wider war, perhaps not WW3 but the biggest war since then and they want to make sure they have competent leadership.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They definitley look tough, but that desert camo they have is so "gulf war 1" please update your uniforms. I'd bet most of their stuff is bought from other countries, they could put up a fight, but i bet we could beat 'em!!!

GO USMC!!! HOO-RAH

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Goose stepping is quite amusing, like an Army of Basil Fawltys, that would be scary. "Dont mention the war".

I think they could do with a image / color consultant. The troops with the desert camoflage and green webbing/vest oh thats so a fashion no no and the helmet fabric is different from the uniform, I wouldnt leave the house dressed like that. Although the white gloves are a nice accessory.

The forth pic down, the guys have got nice big hats, very stylish. Perhaps they are the missing "Martyr Seekers" with exploding hats instead of vests and the red shoulder braid fuse?

Like the blue bombs reminds me of "Kellys Heroes"...Oddball firing paint to paint pretty pictures. That is some motorcycle display team as well. Or is it a kind of modern jousting??

They all look like they would fall over if you pushed one of them, like dominos.

Seriously though, just more sabre (scimitar:puz
rattling.
It is amazing how old some of the kit is, perhaps that is why the military expenditure has over doubled from 2003 to 2006
Worrying...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
America does not show off their weapons in parades because they can just show the world any time they want by starting a war and using them for real.

Regardless of if the US won a war with Iran (depending on how you justfiy victory) they will not be able to secure any land. Any attempt to will only significantly reduce whatever troops they send. I wonder what kind of secret projects these guys have going on? After all its not as if the US is the only country in the world that researches and develops advanced and secret weaponry.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruggeder
Why do countries do this? This is a serious question and I don't want a smart @ss answer. I mean any country that does this, why do they do it, what is the point?

The old USSR used to do it alot from what I remember as a kid seeing it on B&W TV. I guess it is more of a morale booster and maybe national pride in times like this, so the citizens feel safer and protected.
Maybe its a good idea that all the people under the impression that another war right now might be a walk in the park and possibly something like this might open their eyes to see that it could possibly lead to a lot of death and destruction. They are not just waving sticks,spears and pitchforks around.

Pie

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Man they are snappy dressers I am especially afraid of that ferrocious two man Dirt bike squad. Just what we need to face the tadem dirt bike mafia of Iran weilding what appears to maybe be RPG's on the bike.

Talk about fast attack land armormant, man. Thats something huh.

What happens when the guy on the back gets shot or falls off. The dirt bike pilot rides around till he finds a new random gun man ?

Should be interesting to see them in action

LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes robert, I am sure these are the squads they are going to send in full force against any oncoming foreign invasion, please get real. It is a parade, they are just soldiers filling their part of the parade, it is not a battle.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank you pieman for the only legitimate non smart @ss answer. It's pretty sad if you think so little of your own country that people think in a war you would fight with sticks, or that another country would perceive your own country in that light, even the poorest country can afford guns and some bombs, so what a ridiculous comment, I'm fairly certain americans and everyone else knew they would at least attempt to ahve a modern army.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ok not ofeend anyone on either side of the iran is better than the US and the US is BEtter than Iran argument, just a question for you mehran you said that they are now providing bullet proof vests and helmets for all the soldiers?does that mean they didnt really care about the safety of their soldiers before? also if they are in combat with the bullet proof vests wont that make them more stiff and tougher for them to take cover behind things?and also how come the helmets kind og look like gulf war cammo , i noticed that when i first looked, and no offense but why donesnt the commo on their uniforms match? like i said i dont want to offend anyone these are just my personal questions to whoever can answer them....thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Not impressing, shurley you no that what ever technology you have ,
others have given it to you .and will they have the parts and tec. It
keeps it going ,or do you sap us of oil and let the dust storms start .

Thing is nothing (save those 2 lonely CH-47Aor B's ) are really going
to get people out of the what i like to call (the dissolved Zones).

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Yes, absolutely i do. It’s the same thing. Genocidal rhetoric from a fanatical leader followed by military parades, classic example of history repeating itself. It’s identical.

Ar you kidding Skippy? We are the superpower threatening to shove some bombs and missles down there throat!

And as far as your "grow up" comment, this is as grown up as it gets, burry your head deeper in that sand, maybe you will be safe there.

You dont feel safe skippy? I dont feel safe driving, its the most dangerous thing even a Firefighter can do, its a lot more dangerous than Iran!

We are the ones calling them the axis of evil. I think they look quite brave, considering they are being threatened by the most powerful country in the world. Let alone the most powerful country run by maniacs.

I hope they kick our arses right out of the M.E. We would deserve it if we attack yet another country.

We are America, not fricking Nazi Germany on a blitzkrieg!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by Regensturm
What sort of planes are they, that were flying?

They look like Russian MiG-29 Fulcrums. Not sure if Iran uses the same designation or not though.

As far as military surplus, they still fly many of the planes and helicopters that we sold them during the reign of the shah. They've made changes to them as far as their own engines, and engineering spare parts for them, since they can't get spares, but the basic airframes are still the same.

Those are indeed Mig-29's, take a look at the Nose of the Aircraft, it is a give away. Speaking of give away, those are most likely the Mig-29's that Iraq had and sent to Iran for safe keeping when the US was wiping their Air Force away in Desert Storm.

The Mig-29 is a good aircraft, it was the first quality A/C the Soviets had made in quite awhile. Still it is no match for the F-15 and certainly no match for a F-22 or JSF.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join