It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing Prayers......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here are a few prayers by Saints that intercede on our behalf.......

O Lord Jesus Christ,
Son Of GOD,
Have Mercy,
Upon Me,
A Sinner!

"The Jesus Prayer"
Also known as
"The Prayer of the Heart

Editors notes: please kindly note that the date commemorating the Saint is first the new calendar, and then the old calendar date.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grace Saint Date

Recovery of sight to the blind
Holy Mother of God of Kazan July 8/21
The healing of sicknesses of the eyes Holy Martyr Menas the Egyptian Nov. 11/24
Holy Martyr Laurence the Arch-deacon Aug. 10/23
Holy Martyr Longinus the Centurion
Oct. 16/29

Healing of headaches
St. John the Baptist Aug.29/Sept.11

Deliverance from torment of those who died without repentance
St. Paisius the Great July 19/Aug. 2

Healing of tooth diseases
Holy Hieromartyr Antipas April 11/24
Learning to paint icons Holy Apostle Luke Oct. 18/31
Holy Apostle John the Theologian
Sept. 26/Oct. 9

Freedom from
difficulties
in childbirth the Feodorovskaya Icon of the Most Holy Mother of God of Kostroma Aug.16/29
Holy Great-martyr Catherine
Nov. 24/Dec. 7

If a husband comes to hate a wife without cause
Holy Prophet Elias July 20/Aug. 2
The deliverance of a child from birth marks
The Great-martyr Nicetas Sept 15/28

The healing of children with smallpox
The Martyr Conon March 5/18
Protection from fire and lightning Holy Mother of God
of the Unburnt Bush Sept. 4/17
St. Nikita (Nicetas)
of Novgorod
Jan31/Feb13

Healing of trembling St. Maron Feb 14/27
or shaking diseases St. Photina the
Samaritan woman Mar20/April2
St. Basil the New
Mar26/April 8

Healing of hernias
St.Artemius Oct. 20/Nov. 2
Solution to the problem St. Roman the Wonderworker Nov. 27/Dec. 10

of barrenness and childlessness St. Hypatius, abbot of Rufinus
Mar31/April13

Deliverance from floods, and other calamities and sorrows
St. Nicholas the Wonderworker Dec. 6/19
Deliverance from cattle plague St. Modestus Dec. 18/31
St. Blaise the Hieromartyr
Feb. 11/24

Preservation of the health of infants Icon of the Tikhvin Mother of God June 26/July 8
Righteous Symeon the God-receiver
Feb. 3/16
Protection from sudden death Hieromartyr Sadoc Oct.19/Nov. 1
Holy Great Martyr Barbara Dec. 4/17
the Hieromartyr Charalampus Feb. 10/23
St. Onuphrius the Great
June 12/25
Enlightenment of the mind for learning Sts. Cosmas and Damian Nov. 1/14
St. Sergius of Radonezh July 5/18
St. John of Kronstadt Oct. 19/Nov.1
Dec.20/Jan.2
Deliverance from horse plague Holy Martys Florus & Laurus Aug.18/31
Driving away of evil spirits from people and animals St. Basil the Great Jan.1/14
St. Niphon Dec.23/Jan. 5
St. Maruthas, bishop of Martyropolis Feb. 16/March 1
Protection of livestock from wild animals Holy Great-martyr George April 23/May 6
Deliverance from alcoholism Holy Martyr Boniface Dec. 19/Jan.1
St. Moses the Black Aug. 28/Sept. 10
Recovery of stolen things Holy Great-martyrTheodore the Tyro Feb.17/Mar.2
Holy Martyr John the Soldier July 30/Aug. 12
Recovery of lost things Holy Martyr Tryphon Feb. 1/14
Blessed Feofil (Theophilus) of Kiev Oct. 28/Nov. 10
Protection from evil spells Sts. Cyprian and Justina Oct. 2/15
Deliverance from lustful passions St. Martinian Feb. 13/26
St. John the Long-suffering July 18/31
St. Moses the Hungarian July 26/Aug. 6
Holy Martyr Thomais April 13/26
Seeking a new job or a new house Blessed Xenia of Petersburg Jan. 24/Feb. 6
Source: ORTHODOX LIFE, Holy Trinity Monastery, Jordanville, New York., No. 4. 1989., pp. 25-27.
Additions by Father Demetrios Serfes

Protection from Earthquakes St. Demetrios the Great Martyr of Thessalonica Oct.26/Nov.8
Cancer St. Nectarios of Pentapolis Nov.9/Nov. 22
Seeking employment St. Nectarios of Pentapolis Nov.9/Nov. 22.
A birth of a child St. Irene Chrysovalantou Jul.28/Aug.10
For lost items St. Phanurios of Rhodes Aug.27/Sept. 9.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St. Nectarios of Pentapolis wrote:
"Our Church honors saints not as gods, but as faithful servants, as holy men and friends of God."
St. Silouan of Holy Mt. Athos wrote about the saints:
"The Saints were people just like ourselves. Many of them stated with grievous sins but through repentance they attained the Kingdom of Heaven. And every one who comes to the Kingdom of Heaven does so through repentance which the Merciful Lord granted us by His sufferings."

St. Silouan also wrote:
"The Saints in heaven through the Holy Spirit behold the glory of God and the beauty of the Lord's Countenance."

www.fr-d-serfes.org...

www.fr-d-serfes.org...

Prayers are done at any time .....

helen...

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I thought it kind of strange that noone replied to this post so I thought I would. I have seen some very interesting healing happen in my lifetime. It is very real and God/Jesus is always there when one is in need of healing, but he cannot heal the one in need if that one does not truly believe in him and his power to heal. If one truly believes he/she can be healed of the most dreadful thing/desease or what ever may be ailing them it shall be done. Thanks for posting about Gods healing Helen, for in these times wonderous miracles of healing are going to take place for all the world to see and we can be his messengers through posts such as these.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Somehow, I think that if God existed...he could care less whether you spoke in Latin, old English, etc. I'm sure he could do without the "thous" and "thine", etc.

A modern prayer:

Great Holy Dude...yo man, life's been like bummer lately... Think you could see it your way to like hook me up with some divine luck man? Thanks G...pray to ya later...peace out...

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Oh lord who art thy white und fluffy, omnipotent G-dog be thy name, thy kingdom is bitchin, thy will be done in the ghetto as it is in compton, give us this day our daily bling and deliveries from Fedex, for you is the king dawg, the power and the glory.

Holler-to-ya

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Come on Gaz.....show some respect..................PERIOD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hillrunner....Think a little.
Gaz is right,
it matters not in what tounge you speak or the words you speak it comes down to faith in God to Heal you.
Though I really dont care for any sort of Healing Prayers.
Gaz's rendition is about concrete as Helens.
This is just the way people talk these days.
Nerds is about right too.
The respect is thier, but the tounge is just different.
Now go run down a hill.
Deep

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Respect for?????

I think you were missing my point... So, you are saying that to pray to God, you should do so in a tongue long since dead, or otherwise, it somehow lacks respect? Surely, a kind and loving God would understand....??? Or, were you speaking of the God who likes to turn people into salt, kill the babies of his people's enemies, and level cities for the transgressions of a few?

Please let me know which God you are referring to....thanks!

Just poking some light-hearted fun...Helen's used to it by now, hehe...
Lighten up...

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillrunner

I was going to let this one be, but....

THIS is why people have a problem. You talk to god your way and let others do it their way. It is a PERSONAL relationship. Gaz meant no disrespect so lighten up. I SERIOUSLY doubt god cares if we talk like a southern baptist preacher or a humble construction worker.
Maybe I need to go to church, as I have been praying wrong all this time....

apologies to helen.

BG

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It is about sincerity and belief and feeling for that garners a response. Oh and don't forget need for those that need most have a priority.

How would you speak to someone else that you admired or respected or even feared?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Sorry GAZ I haadnt had my coffee yet............

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Personally, I feel Gaz and Nerdling are MORE, respectful to the Lord. For they havn't put anyone beside him/the lord/god, in his glory. Christ may be the way, for christians, but thats only because he was showing it to you, he was the messenger. Do not glorify christ as the god or a god, because even he him self, said do not worship me, but only he who is. Meaning, worship GOD, and GOD ONLY. None other than god, and only the ONE god.

Many people havn't read the bible, and bibles. Read it, Jesus himself tells his disiples not to praise him, but GOD, and only GOD, the creator. The worship of saints, or anything or one other than God himself is false worship, the worship of idols. Don't believe me, go ahead and don't, but myself and every single theologist, will tell you what I typed. Study religion, don't just take peoples word for it, if religion has taught me and everysingle one of us anything. That is this, even the most simple exact piece of info can and will be percieved and interpretted differently by everyone. As it is meant to, because it holds a unique meaning to each and everyone of us.

Until that is understood, religion will continue to be a dirty word, and the second main cause of war, if not the first...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
what more could one say?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Do not glorify christ as the god or a god, because even he him self, said do not worship me, but only he who is. Meaning, worship GOD, and GOD ONLY. None other than god, and only the ONE god.

'Advisor' you will find that most theologians will disagree with you.
Jesus should and was worshipped:

Matthew 14:31-33
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, "Truly You are the Son of God."
(NKJ)

and Jesus is God:

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

I'm assuming you don't believe in the triunity of God.

I agree with you about praying to saints though. This is the same as praying to the dead (because the catholic saints are simply dead people), which is forbidden in Scripture. Its called necromancy. King Saul was Judged by God for doing this.

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by StationsCreation]

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't believe in God so to me all of this stuff is crap. I got hit by a car once and arrived a the hospital DOA. They tried to resecitate me to no avail. After they gave up and pronounced me dead they moved my body to the mourge for an autopsy. When the coroner arrived, I was sitting up. I didn't know what had happened but he seemed pretty freaked out. The doctors came to my aid and sedated me and moved me to intensive care. Later that day, I fell in to a coma and was out for 21 days. As far as I'm conserned God had nothing to do with this. I remember being dead, I saw nothing. I was raised by athiests and considered myself agnostic until this event. All doubt in the reality of God was reinforced that day and now I too am an athiest.

Interesting post script to that story. I forgot what rain was called and I had no idea what a bicycle was when I was released from the hospital.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
On Saints.....intercede for us.....The church prays for all who have died in the faith, and asks forgiveness for their sins, for

there is no man without sin, �if he have lived even a single day upon earth� (Job 14:5, Septuagint).

�If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us� (1 John

1:8). Therefore, no matter how righteous a man might be, when he departs from this world, the

Church accompanies his departure with prayer for him to the Lord. �Brethren, pray for us,� the

holy Apostle Paul asks his spiritual children (1 Thes. 5:25).

www.intratext.com...

This not new ...''Pray for us'' the Saints are people too....they intercede on our behalf...we do not worship the Saint or the image present....

The nearness of the saints to the Throne of the Lamb and the raising up by them of prayers

for the Church on earth are depicted in the book of Revelation of St. John the Theologian: �And I

beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the Throne, and the beasts, and the

elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand,� who praised the Lord

(Rev. 5:11).

Communion in prayer with the saints is the realization in actual fact of the bond between

Christians on earth and the Heavenly Church of which the Apostle speaks: �Ye are come unto

Mount Zion, and unto the city of the Living God, the Heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable

company of angels, to the general assembly and the Church of the firstborn, which are written in

heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect� (Heb. 12:22-23).

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hey Helen! If you can show me a rescent photograph of God I might be more inclined to believe in him.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Hey Helen! If you can show me a rescent photograph of God I might be more inclined to believe in him.

I dont have a camera!

) God has manifested Himself yet more in supernatural revelation and through the Incarnation

of the Son of God, the God, �who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time-past unto

the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son� (Heb. 1:1-2). �No

man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He

hath declared Him� (John 1:18).

Thus, did the Savior Himself teach concerning the knowledge of God? Having said, �All

things are delivered unto Me of My Father; and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither

knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, the Savior added, and he to whomsoever the Son will

reveal Him� (Matt. 11:27). And the Apostle John the Theologian writes in his epistle: �And we

know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us light and understanding that we may know

the true God� (1 John 5:20).

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself testified that He is the Son of God the Father: �All things are

delivered unto Me of My Father; and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth

any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him� (Matt. 11:27).

Here Christ speaks of Himself as the only Son of the only God the Father.

In order that the words, �the Son of God,� might not be understood in a metaphorical or

conditional sense, the Sacred Scripture joins to them the expression, �Only-begotten� � that is,

the Only one begotten of the Father: �And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us (and we

beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth� (John

1:14, 1:18).

Thus, all the fullness of Divinity remains in the human form of Christ: �For in Him dwelleth

all the fulness of the Godhead bodily� (Col. 2:9).

We have now what God looks like.....because He took flesh and became man so that we can know Him and see Him....
Hope that makes sense.....
helen....

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
love ya helen670

But if you read the instructions from Your Savior
you should address ALL PRAYERS to GOD The Father
not The messenger !
please Re read

5 "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets[and internet forums], that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8"Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread.
12And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

And no Im not a christian
but the dude did have something good to say
which had been said for Thousands of Years before him

Love...and treat each other as you would like to be treated....

That is ALL you need !

Dump Religion

new topics

top topics

join