It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thets look at some of the most recent UFO pics.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luminal
This picture of the "ufo" reminds me of the Nasa STS-80 video. There is a ufo flying by that looks very much like the one on the picture.

Looks like the refection of a lamp or light on a window that the picture was taken through. In fact, I'd say it's 99.9 % probable that is what it is.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If you are a skeptic explain why.
If you have a pic that almost convinces you then post please.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by Luminal
This picture of the "ufo" reminds me of the Nasa STS-80 video. There is a ufo flying by that looks very much like the one on the picture.

Looks like the refection of a lamp or light on a window that the picture was taken through. In fact, I'd say it's 99.9 % probable that is what it is.

Could be, but for me it seems to be more like a "UFO", take a look at this video, in the beginning you see a transparent object or a "lamp" flying by, just like the one on the picture.

Googlevideo/STS-80

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The transparent object in the STS video looks like a dust or ice particle that comes off the shuttle and moves away from it. It's large and transparent at first because it is out of focus, then gets smaller as it moves into the plain of focus of the camera.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
If you are a skeptic explain why.
If you have a pic that almost convinces you then post please.

I don't know if I would call myselft a skeptic, but I am a realist. When I see a picture somone sais is of a ufo, I'll do a little research, come up with the most plausible explination, and make my opinion known. I have yet to see any picture or video that I would say is a craft from another planet. The problem is that those that are true believers, will argue till they are blue in the face that a certain picture is a craft from some other planet, even when a logical explanation is presented to them. People see what they want to see for the most part, but I don't subscribe to that.

I do believe there is life out there, plenty of it. Have they visited us? I don't know, I would like to think so, but until I see proof, I won't believe it.

Remember, deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
[quote=ThePieMaN]
Has anyone ever seen this video? has it been proven or debunked?

Press pause just at the 6-7 second mark(or if you just have a quick eye), and you see some kind of black pole coming out the top of the saucer. I have a few reasons to believe it's fake.

First, I think it was really either a toy filmed, then redone with CGI, or the pole was just some sort of error when making the CGI.

Second, it makes a very unatural wobble right when it passes over, though it was cruising just perfectly until it dipped, turned and lowered (just like some toy on a string would do).

Why didn't they start to run or have any reaction when it came forward(though this may just be because they were scared sh*tless)?

Just because there was a light underneath doesn't necessarily it produced heat, but by the chance that it does, and by the looks of it, it would've fried the guy (and the 'kids' I heard in the background).

Why did it look so clear and... 'real' only when it was within 40 feet or so? Shouldn't the detail increased gradually as it closed in(then again, it's possible the camera couldn't register the detail from so far, but it just seemed to me it went from regular UFO video to War Of The Worlds in the split second it turned)?

That static/whatever that blasted right as it went over scared the sh*t out of me, as I had the volume up all the way. Shouldn't there have been a least a hint of the sound from farther away(and again, it's possible the camera microphone couldn't pic it up until right there, but the sound was just too loud for me to believe that)?

Why didn't the guy turn around and try to get as much as possibe? Either it's cause the UFO's actual pilot holding the toy up was behind him, or something more... UFO-y. Like it shut down the camera as it passed over (as it characteristic with most UFO-over-electronic encounters), or the guy was too scared. Still, if he had the balls to keep filming when it was heading straight for him, you'd think he'd have the nerve to turn around, when being right under it didn't harm him.

Aren't UFOs supposed to be silent/near-silent/make a humming noise, not a jet engine noise? Though it's possible I'm mistaking static from an overpassing interplanetary vehicle for a sound-distroted, chopped, low-flying jet noise.

The cockpit of the saucer seemed to pitch-black to be real, to me.

While it seemed to me the lighting and everything was accurate, when the fly-over happened, the reflectivity of the UFO appeared to change drastically from when it was filmed from afar (and I don't mean it was because of it's position to the sun either).

Sorry if someone's already said this, I just typed it up right after I saw it while it was fresh in my mind. And don't get me wrong, I'm anything but a non-believer/debunker, but I just thought I might as well point out my conjecture seeing as everyone thinks it's so real-looking (which it is;it scared the crap out of me the first time). Very, very good video though, if only those things pointed out above weren't so... there.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Dubble Flux]

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Dubble Flux]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My verdict on the Jersey photo is that it is obviously inserted into the frame after carefully looking at the pixel arangement on the outer edge of the photo. Also there is evidence on the right side of the object where it is sorta flat that something was cropped off of the object.

My guess is that this is a streetlight with the pole removed that was taken at an angle and inserted into the frame.

Friggin' amatures....lol

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
My verdict on the Jersey photo is that it is obviously inserted into the frame after carefully looking at the pixel arangement on the outer edge of the photo. Also there is evidence on the right side of the object where it is sorta flat that something was cropped off of the object.

I don't understand how you're coming to this conclusion. The pixels look fine to me... coloration looks fine. And how does analyzing pixels on the outer edge of the photo make any difference to pixels near the center? No noticeable flat areas that I can see either indicate cropping.

You can almost see the reflection of the building off the disk, though the effect could be an illusion.

I realize how easy it is to fake this stuff, I just don't see what you do.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich123

1988 puertorico photo being chased by a jet fighter.

That one made me laugh, because it reminds me of a picture I modified to demonstrate the ease of faking ufo images. If you look at the picture you supplied, you can tell that the inclanations of the plane are suspicious, as it looks to be almost the same distance away as the ufo.

My faked image:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
I don't understand how you're coming to this conclusion. The pixels look fine to me... coloration looks fine. And how does analyzing pixels on the outer edge of the photo make any difference to pixels near the center? No noticeable flat areas that I can see either indicate cropping.

You can almost see the reflection of the building off the disk, though the effect could be an illusion.

I realize how easy it is to fake this stuff, I just don't see what you do.

I have alot of Photoshop experience in my line of work... I know what to look for. Whether you believe its real or not I can care less. It's so sadly edited it defys logic as to why one would even admit it as a real UFO. Whowever did this should be ashamed of themselves. Simply for the lack of talent in the photoediting area.

I KNOW in my mind it is a steaming pile of hoaxer feces and thats all I need.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
the Nasa STS-80 video "lamp" ufo , do ya think mabey it is a life form living in space? not to far fetched, fish live in water, birds fly in the air, mabey "lamps" live in space. Theres lots of new life were still finding on this planet.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Doh! My bad Creedo... I got the Norwich pic confused with the Jersey one. I see where you're coming from now.

So I was all zooming in with Photoshop analyzing the wrong pic.

Btw, I'm a graphic designer too. For every UFO pic I've seen to date I can think of a way to fake it. I don't think they're all fakes though... heck I've seen UFOs myself.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
"heck I've seen UFOs myself."

Care to share the story??

[edit on 21-4-2006 by Denied]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwreck
the Nasa STS-80 video "lamp" ufo , do ya think mabey it is a life form living in space? not to far fetched, fish live in water, birds fly in the air, mabey "lamps" live in space. Theres lots of new life were still finding on this planet.

Could there be lifeforms living in space? Possible, but not likely. The environment is so harsh the general concensus is no. Living in water and air are a far cry from living in the vacuum of space. Much easier and realistic to think it's an ice particle don't you think?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
"heck I've seen UFOs myself."

Care to share the story??

Nothing significant Denied, usually just bright ariel objects moving really fast and changing directions like crazy. The strangest was an orange orb I saw floating over the trees, which split in two and disappeared. Unfortunately I don't have proof and even if I had pics I wouldn't expect anyone to take it on faith, due to the ease in hoaxery.

I used to live OutInTheMiddleOfNoWhere, Arkansas
- it must be a hotbed of sorts, because all the sightings I've had to date where there. Plus I took a walk every night, which was when most of the sightings happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join