It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTA 4: Your predictions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

gta wouldnt b gta if it wasnt in the USA, i mean come on could yu imagine your character

Rockstar North is a Scottish company...
They have also made a GTA: London so its not some earthshattering break in tradition.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've noticed your all skipping one big factor.

Wasn't gta 2 set in the future. Yes London has been done in great detail by the getaway so I dont see them remaking gta london. But liberty city vice city and san andreas were all the levels on gta1.

So to redo gta 2 in the future, huge landscapes, hover cars, boards and bikes in places also normal wheeled vehicles, areoplanes choppers all the norm, but they could have some giant airship type things, and this could all be set in futuristic america for all you (needs to be america peeps).

Create your own character would be essential if they want to move on from just one character.

Now I might sound a bit boring here, but I always wanted to be able to interact with things like benches (just sit an watch the world go by) because in gta sa if you leave the game for awhile it goes into a thing were it zooms in on people that are interesting, and I wanted to drive the trams round san fierro(very dissapointed that I could'nt), overall more interaction with environment, (also Iwanted to go on the ferris wheel at the fair ground on los santos pier)

Maybe you could smoke cigs and weed and it all goes a bit trippy(fed up of watchin gang members smoking blunts and not havin a hit myself)

But whatever happens I'm sure they will make it good.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You could spend days coming up wth ideas for the next GTA, it's the type of game that has endless posibilities.

So with that in mind, I'm just going to list some things that seem small but would be great to see in the next one:

*Street cleaners, dustbin men, gardeners, postmen etc.

*Vehicles staying wherever they are left/crashed until they are taken/cleaned up, indefinately.

*Drinking/Drugs. If your going to have a game where you steal cars, kill people and sleep with prostitutes, we might as well have simulated drunkness/highness. What can be worse than blowing a hole in a grannys head? Nothing, so lets have some intoxication.

*Destructable buildings. Imagine. Planes. Tanks. Buildings falling down. Oh yes.

*A "realistic law" option, where crimes are treated appropriately. It would be nice to have the option to get 1 star for running a red light or even driving on the wrong side of the road, and absolute lockdown as soon as you start shooting at police.

*Skateboards, Hangliders and Surfboards.

But whatever they do, you know it's going to be good.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I like your ideas Chebob!

I know a few people are thinking because it's next gen it should be life-like graphics. My reply has always been that I'll keep the same graphics from the last one as long as the world is completely opened up e.g. Being able to enter most buildings, converse with alot of the characters of the streets and gain little side missions off them e.t.c.

Basically make it alot more RPG, but not too much mind.

Originally posted by chebob
You could spend days coming up wth ideas for the next GTA, it's the type of game that has endless posibilities.

So with that in mind, I'm just going to list some things that seem small but would be great to see in the next one:

*Vehicles staying wherever they are left/crashed until they are taken/cleaned up, indefinately.

*Drinking/Drugs. If your going to have a game where you steal cars, kill people and sleep with prostitutes, we might as well have simulated drunkness/highness. What can be worse than blowing a hole in a grannys head? Nothing, so lets have some intoxication.

*Destructable buildings. Imagine. Planes. Tanks. Buildings falling down. Oh yes.

*A "realistic law" option, where crimes are treated appropriately. It would be nice to have the option to get 1 star for running a red light or even driving on the wrong side of the road, and absolute lockdown as soon as you start shooting at police.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

NPC's?

I don't know if that is feasible. I'd love to have it, but could live without it if it meant uberly-long loading times and low FPS.

They had drugs in Vice City. It's not such a stretch. I think the only reason you couldn't do drugs in SA is due to the anti-drug storyline(taking back the 'hood from the crackheads and crack dealers)

This is a must. I would be severely disappointed if this were not the case.

Would be kinda interesting. They did something like this in Mafia. The police woudl pull you over for speeding and give you a ticket.
This was during the time when nearly no car on the road could outrun the cops. Only option was to hang out the side of the window with a Tommy Gun and blast the driver or the wheels heh.

Skateboards would be easy to do. It would be similiar to the BMX Bike in SA. Hangliders would be easy as well, just do it like the parachute. Surfboard would be trickey to make realistic. You would have to have wave modelling and such.

Damn straight. Every major release(with the exception of LC:Sm VC:S) has improved the series dramatically with SA being the most dramatic improvement.

With that said, here is a list of the places I'd like GTA 4 to be set in(if the rumors are not true that is and it's NOT set in London):

Bagota, Columbia
Baghdad, Iraq
Dubai Circa 2050, UAE
St. Petersburg, Ukrain or Russia? I forget
Tokyo, Japan
West/East Berlin Circa 1950s-70s.
Pittsburg
Detroit
Chicago(Carcer City I believe is what it's called, though not sure)
Quebec(Pure Hells Angels)

Lots of ideas, heh.

Now I might sound a bit boring here, but I always wanted to be able to interact with things like benches (just sit an watch the world go by) because in gta sa if you leave the game for awhile it goes into a thing were it zooms in on people that are interesting, and I wanted to drive the trams round san fierro(very dissapointed that I could'nt), overall more interaction with environment, (also Iwanted to go on the ferris wheel at the fair ground on los santos pier)

I really like this idea.
Just sit on a bus and keep going around in a circuit having your character pick and choose what he looks at or talks to(there has to be more commentary on the part of the nameless crimelord wannabe)

[edit on 24-9-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If they're gonna improve on GTA:SA it has to be online multi-player mayhem. each city having 3-4 gangs, including a cop-gang, you can join. Team missions, or just plain free-for-all mayhem...what should definately be included in the series is an easy to use 'city-wide edit' expansion pack

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's doable and has been done for PC on all version of the GTA 3 trilogy. You should check it out, it's pretty cool.

www.multitheftauto.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I really like the destructable buildings idea.

and the drugs & alcohol idea is in Saints Row...When your drunk every thing is pretty blurry...and when your high everything looks wavy. It looks cool.

Saints Row is a good game...and the graphics are great, but they are missing some things I would have liked...like riding a 2 wheeled vehicle (IE: Bicycle, Bike, Scooter,...and also a 4 quad would of been cool as well), But they just stuck to cars and trucks.

Saints Row was basically a bridge between GTA3 & GTA4. I think its better then GTA3, But I'm hoping that GTA4 will once again, raise the bar.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

I don't know if that is feasible. I'd love to have it, but could live without it if it meant uberly-long loading times and low FPS.

Yeah, that's me expecting too much from the next gen again
Games will take on another level of enjoyment when they get to the stage where they can implememnt that kind of "big idea", far more than better graphics will.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

and the drugs & alcohol idea is in Saints Row...When your drunk every thing is pretty blurry...and when your high everything looks wavy. It looks cool.

That shouldn't be too hard to implement methinks, though for the Speedy drugs, they would have to be restricted to offline play only(I've never seen a bullet time that worked good with Multiplayer)

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It would be cool if a PC edition was released as a MMORPG.

Instead of guilds you could join gangs.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
NEW TRAILER! NEW TRAILER!

www.gametrailers.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join