It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Should not be tolerating this Racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus

I just tried but the post has been edited apparently.

Actually, No. There was no edit performed because I never posted anything of that sort. I would like to think you misinterpreted something I said, or simply read something from another member and mistaken myself for it. Rather than thinking you intenionally tried to quote me on something to back your post.

I'll take the assumption of an honest mistake however.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I'm more concerned that the (theoretically) more astute members of ATS are swallowing the hook of the manufactured immigration issue and echoing the mindless rhetoric spoon fed via the mainstream media opinion shapers.

The issue is not as complicated as you are being led to believe. However, it's an election year and an issue needs to be manufactured in order to divide our opinions.

Don't swallow the hook!

Just thought they needed to be reiterated.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The way I see it if you are in this country illegally, then you have or at least should not have any rights. If you are here and an illegal then you should be arrested and then deported back to your own country...period. Nothing racist there that I can see and I see alot of people feeling that same way.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The United States Constitution and Bill of Rights makes no distinction between citizens and non-citizens in the application of those principles. Everybody, globally, is entitled to those same protections. I will defend that until the day I die, for everyone.

I'm kind of proud we have a country that, despite our obvious problems, millions of people will risk injury, death, and violence to come here, make some money, and share it with people at home.

And they aren't too proud to do the work our slothful butts won't get off of the couch to do.

NC

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah, Chissler I agree it is a hard one to figure out.

People get caught up in the very very small differences between between all of us, and try to degrade and exploit those differences.

Those very very small differences should be celebrated, as it is what makes us unique.

I guess people get bored that we are probably 99.9 all the same. (just an opinion, no scientific facts.)

We need stuff that scares us, to b**ch at, and demonize.

We humans are weird.......

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
chissler is damn right, this site is being polluted with the downright idiocy of racism. And yes, slandering and moaning at some more or less specific ethnic groups for their so-called unjustified priviledges IS racism... and this is exactly the kind of garbage that the NeoNazis and KKK keep babbling all the time, and this is the kind of thinking that got the pogroms and the Nazi party so popular in Europe.

Tolerance is the basic condition for living in a free world, and the people who are just too stupid to understand should just keep their mouth shut, stay away from the Internet and go to hell as far as I'm concerned. And NO criminality is not a sufficient reason to take away the basic fundamental rights of HUMANS to live their lives. There are cops to fight against crime, and moreover citizens should fight against it themselves, collectively, so the relation between fighting crime and fighting immigration is totally irrational, and furthermore this is purely hateful.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
One question (not having read the entire thread)--Would you approve of the bashing of illegal immigrants if they were white? Just curious. Because illegal immigrants don't just come from Mexico...it just so happens that we SHARE a border with Mexico and that's where most of the problem is coming from.

If you're here legally, great! Enjoy your stay or your life here!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No I would not. This is based on the bashing men and women from Mexico are recieving, but it is not limited to those.

Nationality, Gender, Color etc should not matter.

As it was already said in the thread, why should a man have to defend something he did not even choose. I did not choose to be born in Canada, I should not have to defend myself for being Canadian. Neither should anyone else.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am very glad to see that the overwhelming idea behind this is that were are all in fact human. Whenever i first heard about all this political hooha i actually had one of the worst gut feelings Ive ever had. I was actually afraid because of my nationality. I thought that we were next on the target linching list... again that is i guess.
It does make me feel better reading Chissler's and the rest of your guys comments on this. Kudos to you all for not being so closed minded and to not think that I am less of a person just because of my, or any other person's nationality.

Long live the Earthlings!!!!

[edit on 4/18/2006 by Pjpuas]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

As far as I'm concerned, you are all illegal imigrants on my people's land (USA). Unless you have American Indian heritage as I do.

Well, the USA was not a sovereign nation before 1776. My ancestors were among the first to colonize, in Connecticut and Virginia (depending on which maternal grandparent you're talking about). So "immigration" wasn't exactly an issue. You can't illegally immigrate to a land that's not even a NATION! Now if you enter a sovereign nation by way of anything than through the proper channels, that's illegal immigration--and en masse it's nothing short of INVASION.

On my birth father's side my great-grandparents came here legally from Russia and Poland almost 100 years ago.

And I have some Cherokee on top of that.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i know someone in Florida who owns a mexican.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
Specifically:

... posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion

[edit on 4/18/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
i know someone in Florida who owns a mexican.

Just how is that funny?

Its posts like these why this thread was created in the first place.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by Escrotumus

I just tried but the post has been edited apparently.

Actually, No. There was no edit performed because I never posted anything of that sort. I would like to think you misinterpreted something I said, or simply read something from another member and mistaken myself for it. Rather than thinking you intenionally tried to quote me on something to back your post.

I'll take the assumption of an honest mistake however.

The post was there yesterday when i read it and now its gone. There is no mistake on my end. There were some "post was edited" marks under a few posts in that thread so i assume that on retrospect it was decided it was not the best of comments and was quickly removed. Perhaps i misread it and you were quoting someone else that said that?? The point is moot now anyway without the proof on my end to back up my earlier post...

What i caution everyone from doing is labeling someone a racist because they dont want ILlegals in their country. There is outright racism which we are all smart enough to know when we see it, and there is "racism" that is used to back up ones own beliefs when they know they dont have a leg to stand on so as to villainize other peoples views on this matter.

Cheers indeed!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Escrotumus...

The post your referring to was made by a member who was banned I believe, and Simon removed it.

I did not make that post.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Well, the USA was not a sovereign nation before 1776. My ancestors were among the first to colonize, in Connecticut and Virginia (depending on which maternal grandparent you're talking about). So "immigration" wasn't exactly an issue. You can't illegally immigrate to a land that's not even a NATION! Now if you enter a sovereign nation by way of anything than through the proper channels, that's illegal immigration--and en masse it's nothing short of INVASION.

The concept of a sovereign nation wasn't around before some colonists made it up. Those colonists were definately immigrants. As for illegal iimigration en masse being an invasion, those colonists are guilty of that as well. none of this is the point of the thread

I've had experiences where people blame Mexicans for their own mistakes. Degraded black people for trying to speak of their own empowerment. I've seen people blame "whitey" for their own shortcomings as well. The problem is no one wants to take responsability for themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

amen!!!

this is why this man is part owner of this site...

great great words, really

Thanks for that.

This post is just as unnecessary.. didn't want you to feel left out.

(NotClever gets my WATS vote also.. well said .. infact..)

"great great words, really
"

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If I say

"get all the illegals together, put them on busses, and planes, and get them out of here"

Is that racist? I personally think not.
But some interpret it that way.

I'd even be inclined to say that the person that dubbed that statement as being racist, is actually a racist themselves. Not really an OVERT racist. But it would appear that have have applied stereotyping, to the word illegal.
As said earlier in this thread, illegal immigrants are from many ethnic, and racial groups.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If a person believes he is more entitled to a job simply because of the country he was born, is that racist?

He see's his nationality as superior to anothers, and feels the job should be rightfully his.

I see that as a problem in my eyes. And I have already posted quotes where members have said people from Mexico do not deserve the jobs, simply based on the fact they are from Mexico.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is it because they are from Mexico, or is it because they are in the country illegally? There is a difference. There are immigration laws. I think that if they are in the country illegally, they are entitled to nothing.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Racism, ethnicism, nationalism, sexism, any one of them can be used as a basis for prejudice or bigotry. The term 'racism' happens to have the greatest emotional content for a great many people, but it doesn't diminish the importance of recognizing the use of another 'ism' to attempt the same type of discrimination.

I think chissler may have been directing his comments more toward the blatant ethnicism found in a particular thread. Central Americans, illegally imigrating to the United States, aren't limited to one race, or nationality. They are Mexicans, Salvadorans, Guatemalans (sic), Hondurans, sick and tired of the wealth being horded here. Many of them sending a huge percentage of their wages home, instead of spending it on clothing for kids that have enough fabric to clothe 3 children in Honduras. Or cell phones with tiny ludicrous screens that permit the 'cool' to squint at music videos.

Are there some bad apples in the bunch? Sure, it would be foolish not to recognize that. Some of those rich white guys in Congress exhibit some bone-.ed conduct also. Maybe we should fence off the Capital building, so we won't be infected with their nonsense anymore.

This is my last post in this thread. The entire immigration issue is a mis-direction effort by the powers-that-be in order to keep the real discussion off of the table. War and the lies that got us there.

NC

[edit on 18-4-2006 by NotClever]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join