It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Should not be tolerating this Racism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Since when is it ok on ATS to bash Legal or Illegal immigrants?

I have seen a tremendous explosion of racist slurs, backhanded comments made on a regular basis on these boards. We have had threads closed due to different members not being able to control what their fingers are typing, or other threads being killed off because people are jumping on the band wagon with the first member who discusses shipping all of them somewhere else.

Whether your following the immigration problem that is ongoing or not, whether your gritting your teeth over it or not, ATS should not be the place you come to vent your derogatory comments.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

If this has not been brought to the attention of staff already, I hope this will. All members should be aware this is not going to be tolerated. It seems to be that anyone from south of the border stopped being human at some point and are not worthy of the basic human rights. Im sick of reading how someone who lived in America is more worthy of a job than somebody else who has immigrated to your country. Or how horrible your day was because you had to deal with someone of a different culture in ordering your fast food.

ATS is better than this, I would like to think all the members who participate are as well.

I easily could of u2u'd a staff member and had the culprits of this dealt with, however this problem seems to be growing larger than a few members. This should be dealt with globally and make all members aware.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Re-frickin-lax

Stupid uninformed statements are part an parcel with this site.

Catholics are taking over the world.

Muslims are fascists

Whatever...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So just what "PC" words about Illegal aliens are you willing to tolerate? Thousands of lawbreakers in the streets demanding "rights" should be dealt with in any way necesary including tanks and flame throwers.

The intent is the take over the southwest. Racisim is from the illegal side.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Why dont we just round them up and put them in like a third world country in the middle of the US. That way we can stop our jobs from going to china.

But let's not forget, that most people from mexico think you are a piece of sh*t.

I walked into a subway today and, big surprise, mexicans.

Kinda like a boycott only not quite as organized, if you dont speak english dont buy their goods. sounds pretty simple, think it might work?

"DEY TOOK R JAHBS"

These are some of the comments that can be found with the click of a button, most of the others that were the cause of this thread have already been removed by the staff due to their content.

I'm not saying you have to agree with everything that is happening, or have to like it. But the way you are expressing your thoughts and opinions should be alittle censored.

I don't want to hear that we should round them up and ship them somewhere else, or how they are taking your JAHBS!

I think ATS has alittle more class than this.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
So just what "PC" words about Illegal aliens are you willing to tolerate? Thousands of lawbreakers in the streets demanding "rights" should be dealt with in any way necesary including tanks and flame throwers.

The intent is the take over the southwest. Racisim is from the illegal side.

You mean pull off an Americanized Tianamin Square? Lovely person you are.

As for taking over the southwest, don't you mean take back the southwest?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The most agrivating part is when the racism flows from absolute ignorance. Not that informed racism is any better, just more easily debated.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
Thousands of lawbreakers in the streets demanding "rights" should be dealt with in any way necesary including tanks and flame throwers.

I think that's exactly the sort of daft comment Chissler is talking about

We used to think we were better than the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot etc - now it seems we just want to be them....

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Re-frickin-lax

Stupid uninformed statements are part an parcel with this site.

Catholics are taking over the world.

Muslims are fascists

Whatever...

Exactly. Everybody at some point has "theirs" bashed on this forum. I'm a Catholic Christian and I cannot tell you how many times I've had my religion, the Pope and the Catholic Church completely trashed, bashed, and de-valued on this site. Yes, I get offended. But that's life.

Learn to roll with the punches...and get over it...nobody gets preferential treatment around here.
Put your race card away and suck it up.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

ok - in the name of her brittanic majesty queen elizibeth II , i hereby reclaim the " 13 collonies " - lol

dont take it personally , i have to do this because i have it on good athourity that the normans are coming tommorow to " take back " the uk

these attempts to " roll back history " - throw open the flood gates , if the mexicans want land back -- are they prepared to submit to spanish rule once more ??

be carefull what you wish for

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
First, BelowTopSecret.com is held to a slightly lower standard than ATS.

The examples you posted, while the majority not overtly racist, these style of comments usually end up inspiring more intensely racist rhetoric. For now, they seem to be more of an expression of frustrations (real or perceived), worded somewhat awkwardly.

I'm more concerned that the (theoretically) more astute members of ATS are swallowing the hook of the manufactured immigration issue and echoing the mindless rhetoric spoon fed via the mainstream media opinion shapers.

The issue is not as complicated as you are being led to believe. However, it's an election year and an issue needs to be manufactured in order to divide our opinions.

Don't swallow the hook!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As you pointed out, the text that was in violation of the T.A.C. has been edited out. The text you quoted above, however "impolite", is not in violation of the T.A.C. and will remain.

It's a fine line to draw for us and the day we decide to remove content simply because it's "impolite" and not in violation of the T.A.C. is the day we become less than what we built the site for.

A few members have been banned over their continued violation of our T.A.C. regarding this issue and a few more are on the brink. Sizzling social issues like this one (genuine or manufactured for the elections) bring out the hate mongers in force. We will NOT suffer racism of any form or hate speech in a fashion.

That being said, we will not seek to limit the expression of good standing members who do not violate the T.A.C. either. A fine line indeed.

Springer...
Partner,
AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

[edit on 4-18-2006 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance
Exactly. Everybody at some point has "theirs" bashed on this forum. I'm a Catholic Christian and I cannot tell you how many times I've had my religion, the Pope and the Catholic Church completely trashed, bashed, and de-valued on this site. Yes, I get offended. But that's life.

Learn to roll with the punches...and get over it...nobody gets preferential treatment around here.
Put your race card away and suck it up.

Slight difference, your being Catholic was a choice. The racism that Chissler is talking about has nothing to do with defending a choice, but rather something one was born as. Someone should never have to defend their right to exist. Or their right to have the basic respect that someone should get by being human.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

ok - in the name of her brittanic majesty queen elizibeth II , i hereby reclaim the " 13 collonies " - lol

But we don't want 'em back Ape
Remember, we deliberately let them win that war so we could get shot of the silly Yankees......

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

As far as I'm concerned, you are all illegal imigrants on my people's land (USA). Unless you have American Indian heritage as I do. But I digress, I'm not full blooded and have imigrant blood in me also. Like the poster above me says though, you can't roll back history. But, we can at least be intelegent about it. I don't go for lumping anybody into a bigoted statement. If I have, I'm sorry. That goes for Christians, Catholics, Jews, Homosexuals, Heterosexuals, Muslims etc. People are individuals and should be taken as such. Ok..rant off.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My opinion is that censoring the racism isn't going to do anything to educate the racist. I know ATS has its limits and they'll decide how much is too much, but in the meantime, I think the best way to deal with racist comments is to point them out and do our best to educate people on what racism actually is and to talk about it without anger, if we can.

Unfortunately, people seem to think that any Mexican person in the US is illegal these days. When the truth is many are here legally, spoke only Spanish at home and now must somehow learn to speak English in the real world.

There's no way to tell if someone is legal or illegal unless they show you a Green Card or birth certificate. You simply cannot judge every Mexican or Spanish-speaking person as an illegal immigrant. To do so is ignorance of the highest level. And that's what I'm ashamed of here. ATS people assuming that every dark-skinned, non-English-speaking person they run across is an illegal immigrant. TOTAL ignorance!

That's what we have to deny. That's where education and patience come in.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
While I agree 100% with chissler, a small part of me wants the racists to mouth-off. It provides the opportunity to publicize their buffoonery and make examples of them by blowing up their ridiculous attitudes.

Simply shutting out racism and ethnicism doesn't make the problem go away. It simply becomes more overt. I say let them spew in any medium they choose so that those of us who really ponder issues can expose their damage to society.

NC

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Slight difference, your being Catholic was a choice. The racism that Chissler is talking about has nothing to do with defending a choice, but rather something one was born as. Someone should never have to defend their right to exist. Or their right to have the basic respect that someone should get by being human.

how are your destiny [ what you are born as ] , and your choices [ how you live your life ] any different ??? to sugesst that the hand you are dealt should be treated any differently from the cards you pull from the pack is frankly absurd .

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Racism is a form of inferiority complex,it's a way of the weak minded to feel that they are better than another,and blame the peoblems on them,as far as the immigrants go usually where they came from has no welfare program,check the welfare rolls majority are white and 3rd generation welfare recipiants,so I just consider the source,I agree my fathers family immigrated to this country from Spain in early 20's,he fought in WW2,he had to go thru all the schooling and all to become a citizen,and another thing is if you aren't a full blooded Indian then you to are an immigrant

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Racism is ignorant as well as reverse racism in which someone states that "the only reason you dont want them here is because they are mexicans" Chissler himself said that exact same thing in the subway post which i found to be offensive but shrugged off as ATS banter. I dont want ANY illegals in my town because they convert my neighborhood with foreign signs and trash it up as a general rule with their 3rd world living habits, again based on fact and first hand experience.

I wouldnt care if they were gypsies from Austria with blue eyes and blonde hair, if they convert my neighborhood with their foreign signs and trash it up then they have to go. Anyone that plays the race card and says that I just hate Mexicans because they are brown can refer to my sig.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I can't let this one go.

We are are illegal immigrants on YOUR people's land? OMG

You have big brass ones my friend.

You are an immigrant so you are illegal also.

Mexicans are illegal in America because they took it from the Indians.

Indians came from Asia over the ICE BRIDGE in Alaska. So America belongs to Asians?

Stop this insanity. It is America. It belongs to whomever comes to America and proclaims themselves loyal to America...you know...LEGAL CITIZENS.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join