It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir? Sir? I found your grenades...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
LINK

A lightning strike that sent a garage up in flames revealed much more than scorched debris. It happened in rural Bartholomew County off of county road North 500 West. There they found live hand grenades and ammunition.

The story isn't really clear yet as the owner of the property is older and is saying that it may have been his brother that was storing the grenades in the garage.

The State Fire Marshal's office has also been in contact with the Department of Army to help figure out where the hand grenades are from and who they belong to.

Where does a person buy hand grenades? I realize that there were WWII veterans that brought some "stuff" home, but a box of them would be a bit much to stuff in a sea bag.

It will be interesting to see where the grenades came from.

JDub

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

We recently monitored a gun show where enough parts can be purchased to assemble the M-16 automatic rifle and Colt M 1911 45 caliber semiautomatic pistol, as well as bombs and booby traps. Many of these parts are still packaged in military crates, original Cosmoline packaging, and available in unbelievable quantities. Virtually truck loads of parts are readily available for purchase. Training ammunition is sometimes unavailable to train troops, but can be purchased by civilians in any amount. Case upon case of this clearly marked military ammunition sits stacked on the floor, available to cash customers.

Source here
This may be kind of an old source, but the content is probably no less pertinent. An amazing amount of black-market materials are available in this country that would scare the willies out of everyday citizens.

NC

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks, NC!

It just... well...

*sighs*

It amazes me materials people can get their hands on today. They found military explosives in a house an hour north of me last week, and then they find these hand grenades this week.

I know of some militia around, but geez! Not like this stuff!

JDub

join