It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is in "2012"??????????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
ID

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The bible was written by men, interpreted by men, and distributed by men. I have no idea how some nut always manages to cram it into ANY and EVERY discussion regarding religion. The Bible is so full of contradictions it is laughable (google search it if you don't believe me). As for the topic the Mayan calendar ends on the year 2012 and the fifth world age may begin. There is a very in-depth discussion on this topic in the ancient civilizations board, may take some digging to find it though it is kinda old.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Actually, what will end in 2012 is the "The World Is Coming To An End In 2012!!!" predictions. I can predict this will happen.

Anybody remember the OTHER end of the world predictions? 1978, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 (to list the first five off the top of my memory.)

In 2012, they'll start shrieking that the world is really REALLY (seriously!) going to come to an end in 2032... and so on and so forth.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't think time can end. It just changes it's course. John (Titor) said it wouldn't end in 2012.

Sorry...I couldn't resist.

[Edited on 10-20-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wondered if much has changed since this thread was started nearly 8 years ago. My thought is a resounding NO.

After 8 years this thread sounds like threads today.
1. No one knows what 2012 is about other than it is a vague something.
2. Some people point out that end of the world claims are a dime a dozen.
3. There are some claims of a "next level of humanity"
4. Some claims about strange astronomical forces
5. Some pseudoscience terms: "quadra-polarity of the sun"
6. TWZ
7. Things are accelerating

Sounds very similar to most of the claims being made today.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Is there any possibility that you could do just a little bit of research and read one of the coutless
thousands of threads about this topic?

Did you include enough ???????????????????????? in the title of your thread?????????????????????????
I really think one more would have set your thread apart from all of the other insanely rediculous threads that are out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Omfg Zombie thread!

Originally posted by Screwed
Is there any possibility that you could do just a little bit of research and read one of the coutless
thousands of threads about this topic?

Did you include enough ???????????????????????? in the title of your thread?????????????????????????
I really think one more would have set your thread apart from all of the other insanely rediculous threads that are out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 years ago dude..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There are three time periods that we need to get thru; Oct 2011 (which could be worse than the next), Dec 2012 (which could be a relative dud and thus cause everyone to think of "y2k") and then Mch 2013 when, I have been told, the pole shift will occur and few will heed the warnings...if they even hear it). Beware the Ides of March,,,,March 2013.
edit on 20-7-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

Even though this is a long dead thread it is almost exactly what is being stated today. To me it shows that little has been learned in the last 8 years. That is really sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Pole shifts have not happened in 200My. The last pole shift appears to be an event 800Ma and it took 15My to complete. Pole shifts are nothing to be concerned about.

Oct 2011 is a non-event. It is a Lungold/Calleman hoax. At least 2012 appears to be connected to the Mayan long count calendar.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Even though this is a long dead thread it is almost exactly what is being stated today. To me it shows that little has been learned in the last 8 years. That is really sad.

Aye tell me about it, actually there is more disinfo now than ever, nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find out the truth short of taking a trip down to central America and the Yucatan. And, see for yourself what the ancients had to say. Thanks to the good christian conquistadors, most of the Mayans history is gone. Not to mention the Maya themselves were destroyed as a people, they were murdered in pure treachery.

As far as Nibiru, Wormwood, Hercolubus, I first heard about it in 2006 and laughed it off entirely at first. Then, I decided to be objective and look for scientific facts as well as what our ancestors had to say about it. I found awesome, and very beautifully written ancient wisdom; and that's great, I dig God and all and believe our perceived notion of history is shrouded in mystery.

But Stereo... sadly I have found not ONE shred of scientific proof of a binary system or a 10th planet. I will admit, I SO WANT to believe we have a companion star(which is plausible) however very far away if so. And I WANT TO BELIEVE that in 1983 they had found Hercolubus and covered it up, but it could very well be just a young, distant, and not so bright galaxy. They mentioned a distant galaxy as being a possibility when the story initially broke. Going on 5 years now researching and all I've found is indirect scientific evidence(and a wealth of ancient manuscripts but that's no good here), it's so elusive that Occam's razor says it aint real lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

A number of articles were published by the team looking at the IRAS data and they identified all of the objects. The problem with the original work was that there was no previous infrared scope to compare the data to. All of the readings were new. What was being discussed in the 1983 newspaper was a number of objects that were seen in the IRAS data, but no object appeared on optical plates in the same position. No such object had been detected before the IRAS data was a new type of data. All of the objects were eventually identified and journal articles report what the objects are.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yeah, that is reasonable explanation, besides when the New York times broke the "Mystery heavenly body discovered" A distant, dark, galaxy was one of the possibilities the NASA scientists were pondering when they said "All I can tell you is we don't know what it is"

I can see how conspiracy theorists would smell a cover up, but the fact he initially said a galaxy could be it, and it was new piece of hardware at the time like you said. It all adds up... It's just a damn galaxy bah

Needless to say this realization put a major roadblock in my quest to find celestial bodies near our solar system haha! I'm not giving up though, not until NASA, or even Russia, China, India come out with concrete proof that we have a single sun with 9 planets(because Pluto kicks ass!) I know it is silly, but I will remain on the fence. I can safely say C/2010X1 is not Hercolubus ROFL! We'd be having Earthquakes and Tsunamis, Superstorms all day everday!

eta: C/2010X1 HAS CROSSED MARS'S ORBIT WE'D WOULD SEE IT PLAIN AS DAY(if it was the infamous winged globe), just throwing that out there.

edit on 21-7-2011 by Centurionx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Most of the objects were galaxies. These galaxies were so enclosed in dust that only infrared got past the dust clouds. But on of the objects was called an interstellar cirrus cloud.

This is Phil PLait's discussion of the IRAS issue.
The Planet X Saga

I've read 2 of the journal articles about the mysterious objects. I'll see if I can locate them again.

Looks like Plait has one of the articles on his page.
Unidentified IRAS sources - Ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm late to the party but I brought popcorn.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks for the links.

2nd

In fact, these observations heralded the discovery of a new type of object: Ultra-luminous Infrared Galaxies (ULIRGs).

Never knew that, awesome.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Centurionx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join