It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

make friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I am a Chinese,studing in guangzhou of guangdong province.The first time browse foreign visit website, wonder how friends abroad view China, in the hope that you can express the views, I would like to thank.

please excuses me my English is not very good Firstly.
Perhaps, my expression will make you misunderstand sometimes,that is because it is hard for me to express some of my idea accurately.
yes,of course,many peoper do not know much more about China,they know little things about Chinese,with 1,300 million people, through a few words that I regarded as unoverall.
Here, I will give several introductory website about China's actual conditions, hoping they can help person that see find out more about ours country with mystery flavour.
www.nmch.gov.cn...
www.china.org.cn...
www.phoenixtv.com...

[edit on 18-4-2006 by friendlyguy]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by friendlyguy
wonder how friends abroad view China, in the hope that you can express the views

Pleased to meet you. We can certainly express our views, but will your government allow you to read them? Your internet access is censored!

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hey, hows it going?

When I think of China, I think of a massive, closed up country, possibly a land of mystery (and I dont care if that sounds corny). Its just that I know little about China. Sure, I can quote the number of battle tanks in the PLA, but that really doesn't let me key into the people and the land, which is what I kinda care about.

I have a few Chinese mates that go to China once every few years, but they really don't tell me much. Just that some of the streets have a lot of rubbish in them. That is true?

I could not imagine living in a Communist country, and althrough I have studied the Communist way of life, when I imagine a Communist society, my thinking is based in the timeframe of early to late 20th century. I find it hard to imagine that a massive, regionally influencial country such as China is still Communist.

I don't know why, through. Does Communism work over there? I mean, I have no idea. I suppose I have never thought to look into it.

Just read the first reply. Does your government really censor what you see on the internet?

I'm sorry if my views are somewhat one-eyed, immature or just plain niave.

By the way, welcome to ATS!

new topics

join