It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "maniacs," "irrational" argument by fear-mongerers is getting old

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thats why you shouldnt watch MSNBC or FOXNEWS...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
The president of Iran doesn't make news if he isn't blurting out insanities.

That is the point. He is insane or very methodical in going about the Iranian agenda that is ruled by the Mullaha's and their agenda for Islamic rule....

Him SAYING he wants to wipe out Israel and him DOING it are MILES apart.

Well, only the miles the Iranian missle has to cover to Israel.

When was the last time Iran invaded a country? 20 years?

Hmm. I suppose we should give them a lollipop and history won't dare to repeat itself on a grander scale? Iran is posturing with the hammer of nukes with the stated purpose (we know the mullahs control) of wiping Israel out and provoking mass war with the west with the aim of Islam being the control in this world.

George W. Bush invades countries based on LIES and contrary to international law.

WTF do you think Iran thinks when it is in the Axis Of Evil, and the first country has been invaded already? Illegally. Disastrously.

The USA makes it a POLICY to threaten Iran and any country it wants to. Whenever it wants to.

Uhm. Lies. The whole United Nations Lied when they stated that Sadaam had WMD and had used them to kill thousands of Iraqis, Iranians and Kurds???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
One word on WMD ...Syria. As to blaming Bush for labling Iran for what they are and telling it like you don't like to hear it, good.

I would love to know when US national security first started to include all Israeli lands, because that's the only country Iran can hit.

Uhm, okay.

Iran's rockets 'can reach Europe'
Abraham Rabinovich, Jerusalem
April 28, 2006
IRAN has purchased from North Korea missiles with a range of 2500km, making them capable of reaching Europe, according to Israel's military intelligence chief.
General Amos Yadlin said yesterday that some of the missiles, known in the West as BM-25s, had already been received by Iran.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Tyriffic:

Uhm. Lies. The whole United Nations Lied when they stated that Sadaam had WMD and had used them to kill thousands of Iraqis, Iranians and Kurds???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AHAHAHA! I'll have some fries with that Whopper!

How about you supply a link? Wherein it says the whole United Nations (as in the world) said Saddam had WMD when Bush wanted to invade. Let's see it, their site is www.un.org I think.

I'll be right here waiting.

One word on WMD ...Syria. As to blaming Bush for labling Iran for what they are and telling it like you don't like to hear it, good.

Uhm, sense. Make it.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I was watching tonight's "Scarborough Country" where they were talking about the potential threat Iran poses. When Joe Scarborough told Monica Crowley that at the least the Iranian leadership would understand they would be obliterated should Iran strike the U.S., Crowley answered by saying that the Iranian leadership were simply that crazy.

Am I the only one getting tired of this *stuff*? Its just pathetic the sources of reasoning these fear-mongerers (pretty much the entire U.S. right-wing) dish out in an attempt to suppress Americans and make them fear and hate other countries. Crowley draws her conclusions from the statements made by the Iranian leadership, yet she still offers nothing that proves that the Iranian leadership is unstable. If she is using the statements made by the leadership as her sole source of inspiration, then you could say so much about our own leadership.

As if it wasn't enough, Crowley concludes by saying there is no way the situation will be resolved peacefully and that the Iranians are conspiring to attack America and they will no matter what. Again, providing absolutely no evidence to back up her claim. Its not even a gut feeling, from the way I see it. She wants war, but she won't admit it, neither will others of her ilk.

The fear-mongering going on in America is incredibly worrisome.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
[edit on 18-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

REPLY: I believe that the current leader expouses death to America and Isreal, which was on national television. I think that's evidence, enough. On the other hand, the Bush administration has (mistakenly) allowed the UN and other Western nations to try and work things out with the Iranian leader for over 14 months, now, so the "rush to war" mantra is BS.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Tyriffic:

AHAHAHA! I'll have some fries with that Whopper!

How about you supply a link? Wherein it says the whole United Nations (as in the world) said Saddam had WMD when Bush wanted to invade. Let's see it, their site is www.un.org I think.

I'll be right here waiting.

Uhm, sense. Make it.

Have you no idea of the word "Research"? Every single intelligence agency in the world said the same thing, that Saddam had WMD's, including France, Germany, Russia, Britain, AND the USA. Seriously, could they all be wrong? You haven't heard of or read the book by General Sada, Saddams second in command, an excerpt of which follows:
".... The New York Sun | January 27, 2006
The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.

The Iraqi general, Georges Sada, makes the charges in a new book, "Saddam's Secrets," released this week. He detailed the transfers in an interview yesterday with The New York Sun.

"There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands," Mr. Sada said. "I am confident they were taken over." Mr. Sada, 65, told the Sun that the pilots of the two airliners that transported the weapons of mass destruction to Syria from Iraq approached him in the middle of 2004, after Saddam was captured by American troops. The pilots told Mr. Sada that two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, Mr. Sada said. Then Special Republican Guard brigades loaded materials onto the planes, he said, including "yellow barrels with skull and crossbones on each barrel." The pilots said there was also a ground convoy of trucks.

The flights - 56 in total, Mr. Sada said - attracted little notice because they were thought to be civilian flights providing relief from Iraq to Syria, which had suffered a flood after a dam collapse in June of 2002.

"Saddam realized, this time, the Americans are coming," Mr. Sada said. "They handed over the weapons of mass destruction to the Syrians."

Also, do a search for "The mother of all connections" (which outlines Saddams ties with Al Queida) and also Salmon Pak, the terrorist training camp in Iraq run by Al Queida operatives. So much for the "Lies" of the Bush Admin.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
".... Hasn't he? Hasn't he consistently been warning Iran that "all options are open", even dropping nukes on them? Isn't he already known as a dangerous liar by most of the world?

The fact is, George W. Bush is seen by most of the world as a greater threat to world peace than the Prez of Iran. Because he has PROVEN his disdain for international law, the Geneva Convention, and the UN.

REPLY: The UN is the most corrupt and ineffectual organization in the world, and what "they" think does not constitute the abrogation of our Constitution, and the powers it gives the president in a time of war. One cannot give the enemy ideas of limitations as to what may happen in a war. Get real! Again, the "lies" you proclaim upon Bush (WMD'S, ties with Al Queida, etc) have been proven to be true, as has been known for well over a year now, and more proof comes out daily from the audio tapes and documents seized in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Lets take a trip back to our first encounter with islam(i watched guest of the ayatohlla). Iran has always been trying to threaten us,ect in a arrogant way. If you look at some of the figures within this century from iran, or other conflicts between the rest of the world, they are arrogant and pretty much just love to talk trash. Yes they may have blalalalalla navy blalala, doesnt matter. This is just like the Cold War.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Bush, yes he is the worst president I've seen at public statements or just plain dealing with the public. His words are transparent, uninspiring, and robotic.

REPLY: Hmmmmm, I see nowhere in the Constitution where it says being eloquent is a requirement for being president.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakomoDoes every word that comes out of your idiot President's mouth reflective of the hopes and dreams and aspirations of every American?

Then relax. The President of Iran is a public official, and he says things that he thinks his constituents want to hear.

Jeez. I'm sure there are lots of people in Iran who just wish their president would shut the hell up.

And anyone who believes what they hear on CNN ought to have their head examined.

Yes, and I'd be glad to start with yours. Where do you live exactly? Is YOUR leader an idiot or do you just have the right to talk about America's president becuz you are safe in some neutral country?

Oh, so worldly wise, but will your family be in the line of fire if Iran or NK or some other country with megalomania and a leader with a Messiah complex starts up something we can't back down from?

Was your center of commerce rammed by your own airline jets? Did you see your fellow countrymen falling 100 floors to the ground? No, then politely as I know how, I suggest you share your opinions with your like-minded friends or otherwise just keep them to yourself.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

'The fact is, George W. Bush is seen by most of the world as a greater threat to world peace than the Prez of Iran. Because he has PROVEN his disdain for international law, the Geneva Convention, and the UN.

REPLY:Our actions only apply to international law we, or any country, has agreed to abide by. No, we have not ran afoul of the Geneva Accords, no matter what the Supreme Court says. That's been covered in another thread or three. The UN is a failed, and the most corrupt, organization in the world, and the world would be better off if one of the planes had hit them.

"I am unaware when the safety of ISRAEL demanded that the USA sacrifice the lives of its' soldiers, its' citizens and its' ordnance...."

REPLY: We support, militarily and otherwise, our allies.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join