It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "maniacs," "irrational" argument by fear-mongerers is getting old

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency

Tehran Oct 19, IRNA
Iran-Students-Painting
The Union of Islamic Students Associations and Iran's House of Cartoons are jointly sponsoring a global competition on caricature, painting and graphic design under the main theme of "A World without Zionism," a morning English-language daily said on Wednesday.

Students between the ages of 7 and 18 can submit their art works to the organizing committee of the competition at this address: Tehran, P.O. Box 5745-774, or e-mail them to [email protected] by November 21, Tehran Times announced.

The competition will also focus on the themes "A World without America," "A Mirage Named Zionism," "The Wishes of a Palestinian Student," and "The Intifada," noted the paper.

The daily went on to say that the international invitation to artists is posted in Persian, Arabic and English at the website of Iran Photographers' House.

In addition, 13 selected cartoons by students from China, Argentina, France, the Netherlands, Brazil, Iran and the United States on the theme "Palestine and the Occupier Zionist Regime" are on view at the site, according to Tehran Times.

And please read this. Source :
Dead Lady Liberty

"An official video, which can be seen on www.memritv.org, with footage from the attacks of September 11, 2001, when both planes hit the World Trade Center, was shown at the conference. Classical music played as another image appeared with the word "America" spelled out in flames. Each letter disappeared — leaving an empty screen.

As the video continued, the music grew louder and the words "The World Without America" appeared in English and Farsi — accompanied by a picture of the Statue of Liberty. Lady Liberty's body had a skull imposed on it. "

And while you're at it, ignore these videos too because we wouldn't want to actually investigate the politics involved before pointing the finger at the "war mongers".

www.memritv.org... DON'T MISS THE FAVORITES SECTION....IT'S A BLAST!

We need action now.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He, he, Amuk you know that Iran is not the only country that has voice the destruction or annihilation of Israel.

What other country's leaders going almost daily not only demanding it but all but saying THEY were going to do it.

If Israel is in such danger, let Israel attack Iran after all they are closer to each other than we are.
And Israel have plenty or weapons to deal with the bad mouthed Iran.

You can bet you last dollar they WILL if they feel threatened, which could set off the powder keg anyhow. They would not hesitate to attack first if they thought Iran was coming after them.......and with his daily calls for genocide...you have to admit they have a REASON to strike first.

If we are to destroy every country that talks bad against US right now we will be invading the world.

I never said Iran was a threat to us.....now did I?

Amuk you know that going into war because we don't like how Our friends in Israel has been bad mouthed by Iran is just the dumbest thing a country can do.

Would you calling someone standing at your front door screaming he was going to come in and slaughter you and your family......just bad mouthing? Or would you call the police....and if that didnt work......shot him first if he even LOOKED like he was coming in? The insane ramblings of Irans President is putting Israel in that spot.

By all means lets attack their nuclear plants or whatever, but don't tell me that loves has to die in a war with Iran because our present administration don't like how Iran talks about Israel.

Marg I truly hope this is all it comes too. I have a higher stake in this....my son is in Army Ranger training. I prey every day that this is settled at least with a minimum of bloodshed......on all sides.

BTW I love you too.

My husband just read that and now he is breathing on my neck

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ok, now wtf is this!?!? Little girl calling for Jihad

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"... Its not just constant fear being promoted by all these homenuts, its most definatedly hatred and determination in separating the parties."

REPLY: The parties have always been separated, all the more so when the american Communist Party backed McGovern, and many on the left still believe in many of those ideals.

".... Does (The beautiful) Monica realize that this mess, all of it goes back to her beloved Bush? He started it all. Blame Bush."

REPLY: Geez.... do the research. The problems in Iran go back to Mr. Peanut.... Jimmy carter, who helped overthrow the Shaw of Iran.

"....If it were not for him, we wouldnt have gone into Iraq. If it werent for him and his mouth, Iran would probably would still be in the shadows lying dormant for some time."

REPLY: The proof of Iraqs WMD's and nuclear program have been presented on ATS, with links, as has the ties between Saddam and Al Queda, but you seem to have ignored it because it goes against what you, and many others choose to believe. Iran has been a thorm in the side of ALL western countries, because the leaders of Iran and other countries don't want to lose their power; it's a war of civilizations.

".... If it were not for him bullying Iran, that other nut case over there would not be threatening to wipe out Israel."

REPLY: Again, blatently false. The hatred against the Jewish people has been going on since about 300AD..... I'm pretty sure that was before President bush was in office. In case you haven't noticed, The West has been doing things the way you would choose to do.... it's been over a year that we've been letting the U.N. and our allies try to negotiate with Iran, and all of history shows that it won't work. but we're trying it anyway.

It's been at least 30 years that, for instance, the maps of the world used in Muslim schools don't show Isreal on the map; again, I'm sure this president wasn't in office at that time. Of course, Isreal is another issue, although that, too, was caused mostly by the vaunted U.N. back in the 1940's. There is no such thing as Palestinians, or occupation of Palestine.... they are not occupied lands, they are conquered lands, since the "Palestinians" lost all four wars they started against Isreal. And, no, that wasn't Bush's fault, either.

Edited for content addition.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
skippy:

Please quote one refference from president Bush where he states "In the name of my Christian God, I hope all of XXXXX people will be destroyed."

news.yahoo.com...

Title: Bush won't rule out nuclear strike on Iran

And of course, a good Bush lie in there, as per usual.

Bush replied: "All options are on the table. We want to solve this issue diplomatically and we're working hard to do so."

The USA refuses to even speak with Iran diplomatically.

27id:

I'm concerned for the average Iranians, the average Israelis, and everybody else who may be caught in the middle of the insanity the governments create...

Me too, it's the people who are caught in the crossfire that I'm concerned about.

Amuk:

If George Bush went on TV everynight saying what the Pres of Iran is saying would you say "ah shucks....old Georgie Boy is just blowing off some steam......hes only kidding??

Hasn't he? Hasn't he consistently been warning Iran that "all options are open", even dropping nukes on them? Isn't he already known as a dangerous liar by most of the world?

The fact is, George W. Bush is seen by most of the world as a greater threat to world peace than the Prez of Iran. Because he has PROVEN his disdain for international law, the Geneva Convention, and the UN. Dubya's capacity to destroy life is far and above Iran's.

What part of annihilate, wipe out, destroy, push into the sea, etc; are we misunderstanding?

Again, I am unaware when the safety of ISRAEL demanded that the USA sacrifice the lives of its' soldiers, its' citizens and its' ordnance, when Israel will pretty much be sitting on the sidelines if Iran is invaded (just like Gulf War I and the Illegal Invasion of Iraq).

But hey, if you're willing to spill your children's blood in order that some guy in Tel Aviv doesn't have to be afraid, then that is very, um, Christian of you. Too bad they wouldn't do the same...

deltaboy:

So what? That be like me asking whens the last time North Korean invaded another country in 50 years...

It's called learning from history. Iran has not been an aggressor country for many years. Look in the mirror.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In a stern warning to Iran, President Bush said “all options are on the table” if the Iranians refuse to comply with international demands to halt their nuclear program, pointedly noting he has already used force to protect U.S. security.

Bush’s statement during an interview on Israeli TV late Friday was unusually harsh.

The good thing is most people think George W. Bush is a bumbling idiot, so that might actually work in your favor.

-jakomo

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm just going to pop my head in and say:

Didn't Russia, China, UK, Germany, and France all say Iran was doing the wrong thing? This US invading Iran talk is a little one sided. The US media talk about war and fear monger to get ratings. It's free enterprise at work and reporting on dramatic conflicts or making them sound dramatic gets ratings.

There's two kind of Irans: The one we see and read in the news. And the one that intelligence agencies tell their leaders. When Russia and China are upset with Iran, then you know something is up. And honestly those two should be more worried than anyone else. Iran could just as easily supply terrorists nukes to attack their countries too.

This is not a US vs Iran fight. Iran wants it to be that. And everyone knows the only power that has the guts to actually back up a threat is the US. Russia and China do it internally, but when it comes to international issues they work in the shadows. Iran uses Israel to rally the Islamic world behind them.

People are mad at the US for threatening to blow up Iran's nuclear facilities, yet Iran gets a free pass from some people for threatening to destroy Israel? Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Atomic:

People are mad at the US for threatening to blow up Iran's nuclear facilities, yet Iran gets a free pass from some people for threatening to destroy Israel? Doesn't make sense to me.

One is the world's most powerful military in the world, with a history of aggression.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Amuk:

If George Bush went on TV every night saying what the Pres of Iran is saying would you say "ah shucks....old Georgie Boy is just blowing off some steam......hes only kidding??

Hasn't he?

Really?

Please give us a link where old Georgie boy has said he would wipe Iran off the face of the Earth.....dont put words in his mouth....dont hear what you wont too, dont tell me this means that....show me where he has said he would WIPE THEM OUT.....I can wait....

Dubya's capacity to destroy life is far and above Iran's.

That is my point.....all Irans president is going to do is get thousands if not MILLIONS of his own people killed.......people can whine about him all they want.....it doesnt matter.....HE WILL DESTROY IRAN....if it comes down too it. Hating Israel wont change anything.....all the suicide bombers wont change anything.....Allah wont change anything......

What part of annihilate, wipe out, destroy, push into the sea, etc; are we misunderstanding?

Again, I am unaware when the safety of ISRAEL demanded that the USA sacrifice the lives of its' soldiers, its' citizens and its' ordnance, when Israel will pretty much be sitting on the sidelines if Iran is invaded (just like Gulf War I and the Illegal Invasion of Iraq).

But hey, if you're willing to spill your children's blood in order that some guy in Tel Aviv doesn't have to be afraid, then that is very, um, Christian of you. Too bad they wouldn't do the same...

Oh we HAVE to protect them they rule America dont you know????

I swear there is a Jew behind every Bush.....pun intended.

Your attempt at mocking me through my religion was kinda cute though....I am a Mod....I get worse than that in my U2U box every day

Wither I like it or not...(and I DO have a child that would be in the first wave going in)...wither people sit in the corner and pout or not..........if Bush THINKS they might attack Israel.....he will flatten the country.

And I wonder where he would be getting THAT idea from?????

Maybe the idiot coming on TV everyday saying it????

Let me make something clear...........
More than most I have a reason not to want this to happen, but if that idiot doesnt shut up.......it definitely will. You asked if it was worth my child bleeding.....no its not....to be honest I would rather see them Nuke the entire region...Israel included and kill every living thing over there than loose my child.

That is why I wish he would STFU....that way we here would at LEAST have a leg to stand on protesting against. It almost seems like he is in pay of the CIA or something.....because he is almost single handedly bringing this about.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Atomic:

One is the world's most powerful military in the world, with a history of aggression.

You must be talking about Persia.

I think if you attack Bush on his statements then you have to attack Ahmadinejad on his also. I don't choose one over the other because they are the "underdog", it doesn't make what they say right. Like I said the US will back up their threats of military action, but I have never heard them say they wish to eliminate a country and its people.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Language is for lying. Pr. Bush of all knows it.

It's so easy to change or "forget" some words in translation or take sentences out of context. I don't trust almost any media anymore. Almost all media is owned by big money and they twist truth whenever it suits them. They are owners like Bush & Co.

When I look for truth, I cover my ears and look what is and has been done.

What Iran's president said?

[edit on 20-4-2006 by HoHoFoo]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Excellent find there HoHoFoo, I was looking for a less biased translation.

This shows the lengths the west will go to, and we just eat it up.

Not that it will make any difference to those who chose to place Bush into power and accept the most convenient version presented to them, just as long as it doesn't interfere with their daily lives.....

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Amuk:

Your attempt at mocking me through my religion was kinda cute though

Considering I never assumed you were any specific religion, nor did you say that you were any specific religion, I think you're seeing things that are not there.

Wither I like it or not...(and I DO have a child that would be in the first wave going in)...wither people sit in the corner and pout or not..........if Bush THINKS they might attack Israel.....he will flatten the country.

And why is that? American soldiers spilling their blood and dying to retaliate against an attack on Israel when Israel's soldiers won't be doing anything. Is there a section of your paycheque that says "Taxes to Protect Israel"?

Atomic:

I think if you attack Bush on his statements then you have to attack Ahmadinejad on his also.

ABSOLUTELY I DO! The thing is, George W. Bush is MORE of a loose cannon than that idiot in Iran. When he says "We will not take the nuclear option off the table when dealing with Iran", it means more than the Iranian president saying "WE MUST DESTROY ISRAEL!". One has the military power to back up his statements, one doesn't.

And also, bear in mind that the fear-mongering US media is SPAMMING you with every single insane thing the Iranian president spouts. The media is fanning the flames on this, cherry-picking the info that they want. The FACTS about what the Iranian Prez says and what is reported in the US media are different.

Good find on that article, HoHoFoo.

-jako

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And why is that? American soldiers spilling their blood and dying to retaliate against an attack on Israel when Israel's soldiers won't be doing anything. Is there a section of your paycheque that says "Taxes to Protect Israel"?

I'm not Amuk of course, but Israel would be happy to send it's troops into any conflict if the U.S. asked it to do so. We instead ask them to sit it out due to the fact that they are probably trying to avoid a much wider conflict that would result of the Islamic world saw the U.S. and Israel teaming up against them. Israel does not use the U.S. like everybody seems to contend, instead we have used Israel to further our own strategic interests...

Strategic Reasons for Continuing U.S. Support
There is a broad bipartisan consensus among policymakers that Israel has advanced U.S. interest in the Middle East and beyond.

Israel has successfully prevented victories by radical nationalist movements in Lebanon and Jordan, as well as in Palestine.

Israel has kept Syria, for many years an ally of the Soviet Union, in check.

Israel's air force is predominant throughout the region.

Israel's frequent wars have provided battlefield testing for American arms, often against Soviet weapons.

It has served as a conduit for U.S. arms to regimes and movements too unpopular in the United States for openly granting direct military assistance, such as apartheid South Africa, the Islamic Republic in Iran, the military junta in Guatemala, and the Nicaraguan Contras. Israeli military advisers have assisted the Contras, the Salvadoran junta, and foreign occupation forces in Namibia and Western Sahara.

Israel's intelligence service has assisted the U.S. in intelligence gathering and covert operations.

Israel has missiles capable of reaching as far as the former Soviet Union, it possesses a nuclear arsenal of hundreds of weapons, and it has cooperated with the U.S. military-industrial complex with research and development for new jet fighters and anti-missile defense systems.

www.fpif.org...

[edit on 20-4-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
27id:

Israel does not use the U.S. like everybody seems to contend, instead we have used Israel to further our own strategic interests...

www.lrb.co.uk...

The Israeli government has far more say in what you do as Americans than you think.

Great read.

The combination of unwavering support for Israel and the related effort to spread ‘democracy’ throughout the region has inflamed Arab and Islamic opinion and jeopardised not only US security but that of much of the rest of the world. This situation has no equal in American political history. Why has the US been willing to set aside its own security and that of many of its allies in order to advance the interests of another state? One might assume that the bond between the two countries was based on shared strategic interests or compelling moral imperatives, but neither explanation can account for the remarkable level of material and diplomatic support that the US provides.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Excellent find there HoHoFoo, I was looking for a less biased translation.

Thanks, but glory and blesses are not mine.
This guy in informationclearinghouse.info... have earned them for his
untiring work for honest information.

HoHoFoo

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Bush, yes he is the worst president I've seen at public statements or just plain dealing with the public. His words are transparent, uninspiring, and robotic. It seems like when he talks he's trying to "push policy" instead of getting to the point. No I do not think he is an idiot or evil, but he really does not have his finger on the pulse of America or really speak for America...he's just kind of lost. I think his intense Christian belief, spy based family background, and guns a blazing Rumsfeld and Chaney have really messed with how he is being told how to see the world.

Information Clearinghouse? An alternative media source that just swings the opposite way of the biased corporate media. Both are biased, and most of the site seems dedicated to "opinion" and editorials over news reporting. As an example:

"250,000 Slaughtered in America's War". First the term "slaughtered" is used to create an emotional response that something innocent was taken out and intentionally killed. That is a biased word. 250,000? That's an extremely debatable number, I've seen 10,000 for the invasion as the highest number. So the US has since killed 240,000 in their nazi holocaust attack on Iraqis? C'mon... Finally the link to this story is to a Palestine donation site. Nuff said.

I'll take what they say with a grain of salt just like I do with Fox, BBC, CNN, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Great read.

You should have added loooooooong to that.

Seems to me it's a symbiotic relationship, but it certainly wouldn't break my heart to see more balance in regards to our foreign policy, I'll give you that. However, nothing will change the fact that I don't want to see more nuclear powers emerge. I support pressing Israel to give up theirs to be fair, followed by every other nation. But that's just me, too bad I don't rule the world, huh?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Atomic:

I've seen 10,000 for the invasion as the highest number

I think you meant 100,000, from that Lancet report?

If not, do you have a link that says that only 10,00 have died in Iraq?

Finally the link to this story is to a Palestine donation site. Nuff said.

LOL! WTF does that mean? Since it is linked to a Palestine DONATION site it must be funded by terrorists?

Careful, your blind, unreasoning hatred is showing.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Finally the link to this story is to a Palestine donation site. Nuff said.

LOL! WTF does that mean? Since it is linked to a Palestine DONATION site it must be funded by terrorists?

Careful, your blind, unreasoning hatred is showing.

I actually laughed when I saw that. I wasn't even thinking terrorist.

Didn't you guys just get done complaining about "biased" news sources and the link you provided points right to another site that is looking for donations!!!

If there was link to a Jewish donation site, or Bill Gates needs cash site, or Bush wants your dollar, I would seriously question everything stated in that story...how in the world can you take those words as being the "real story"?
What if CNN or the BBC went with a story titled "Killing baby seals is good for everyone" and a link to the story sent you to a place that asked for a donation to the "Bloody Baby Seal Killer Association"?

C'mon guys.

(edit) 100,000 is correct...I didn't get it from the Lancet article. Sorry, I had the link but can't find it now since it's been a week, but if the Lancet says the same thing then I'm not going to dig around. I think that number is a little high since I don't know how they figure out if someone is a civilian or military since the Iraq insurgents don't wear military clothes. 30,000 seems to be the other number thrown around. 250,000 as stated by the article at the Information Clearinghouse website is ridiculous.

[edit on 24/4/06 by Atomic]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
What if CNN or the BBC went with a story titled "Killing baby seals is good for everyone" and a link to the story sent you to a place that asked for a donation to the "Bloody Baby Seal Killer Association"?

Perhaps they should, media propaganda leans far to the side of the "innocent" seals, when in reality, seals have the very real potential to be DEADLY KILLERS! There is definitely a pro-seal bias in the media.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Just look at those teeth, lines are being drawn, we need to take them out while they're young, before they develop a taste for human flesh....

Iran is just like a baby seal, only instead of sharp teeth, it will have nuclear weapons. Dust off your favorite clubs folks, it's baby seal season!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join