It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "maniacs," "irrational" argument by fear-mongerers is getting old

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No matter what the Bush Administration says to the public regarding Iran they still have to get the OK of congress before they can take any kind of hostile military action and I don't think congress would consent to military action in Iran--at least not at this time. It would be nice if the Iranian President would stop stuffing his feet in his mouth every week or so, but the same can be said for the Bush administration. Fear not, cooler heads will prevail.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Actually, what people are reacting to in this thread and elsewhere is pretty much only what the President of Iran keeps saying, not the Iranian people.

Exactly my point, the Iranian president has a lot more pull in regards to the actions of the Iranian military than the Iranian people. They will not have any say whether or not he chooses to actually make good on what he keeps saying, so what he says needs to be taken somewhat seriously, IMO.

Not any one source, I prefer to use a source from the newswire then find corroborating evidence elsewhere. Unless I can find multiple credible sources, I don’t really trust any media source.

Fair enough, but I don't believe they are lying all of the time, occasionally a true story may fall through the cracks, so we should not be so quick to dismiss everything, especially something as serious as nuclear conflict on top of the world's oil supply. I'm concerned for the average Iranians, the average Israelis, and everybody else who may be caught in the middle of the insanity the governments create...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Him SAYING he wants to wipe out Israel and him DOING it are MILES apart.

I guess you didnt understand the question......

If George Bush went on TV everynight saying what the Pres of Iran is saying would you say "ah shucks....old Georgie Boy is just blowing off some steam......hes only kidding??

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am playing nice. There is no need for Iran to research nuclear weapons. If they are so peaceful, they should protest our arms and call for us to get rid of ours if they cannot have the same option. There is a forum for this, known as the UN.

They openly support terror in lebanon, syria and Iraq.
They want to wipe Isreal of the map
They do not believe the holocoust.

Now, I am not a big fan of Israel, but this equates to Bush 'publicly' stating that Mecca is nothing more than a glorified temple for people who worship a small black rock and that Muhammed was nothing more than a feverish nomad.

IF Iran will not back down, there is only one option. This is not wanted, but what other option is there when they have lied to the global community for years about this technology?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
If they are so peaceful, they should protest our arms and call for us to get rid of ours if they cannot have the same option. There is a forum for this, known as the UN.

I pretty much agree here. If they would tone down the genocide talk world opinion would come down totally in their favor. This looks like an attempt to PROVOKE an attack....which makes me seriously wonder about his sanity.

Now, I am not a big fan of Israel, but this equates to Bush 'publicly' stating that Mecca is nothing more than a glorified temple for people who worship a small black rock and that Muhammed was nothing more than a feverish nomad.

Agreed. I think Israel has a LOT to answer for.........but which country doesnt?

The bottom line is Israel isnt going ANYWHERE. And a attack on it would VERY easily draw the USA into it, especially if it looked like it would secede.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If you are a smaller and technologically subpar coutnry to another, you would provoke until they came to fight you.

This way they need to have supplies, and it is harder to keep that chain alive if you are spreading yourself thin, which is occuring in the middle east with the US right now.

Iran need only sit and wait, and counterattack. This is the only option that they have. A pre-emptive strike would not rally the world but cause them to turn, and then we 'would' have an excuse to lay it to waste.

This is straight out of 'the art of war'.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can provoke Mike Tyson into fighting me at my house......but in the end I will still have my ear bit off

A lot depends on if Bush just wants to take out its ability to do anything, much like the FIRST Gulf War.....or if we attempt to invade and occupy.

The first can be done fairly easily IMO......the second is another story all togather. Also we need to take into consideration an assualt out of Syria into Iraq. Both would still suffer horrible losses....but they could hand us a pretty big black eye at the same time....possibilty even retaking parts of Iraq.

No matter what happens.....this is going to be a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Iran would love to occupy Iraq, and then along with Syria and lebanon, Israel suddenly has some pretty testy neighbors, along with the UAE and Saudi.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Does (The beautiful)
Monica realize that this mess, all of it goes back to her beloved Bush? He started it all. Blame Bush.

If it were not for him, we wouldnt have gone into Iraq. If it werent for him and his mouth, Iran would probably would still be in the shadows lying dormant for some time. If it were not for him bullying Iran, that other nut case over there would not be threatening to wipe out Israel.

No It dosen't go back to Bush. It goes back to Clinton and Carter and Reagan and his father. If they had taken care of the middle east on their watchs this wouldn't be happening.
If it wasn't for his father we would'nt be there now,he would have finished the job. And if it wasn't for Carter maybe Iran wouldn't be in the mess it's in.
And maybe if Clinton had done his job the world trade center would still be standing.
So don't blame GWB for the whole mess, there were others that helped it along it's way.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by steve99]

[edit on 18-4-2006 by steve99]

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Geroge Senior has been in the picture since the 60's and has for the most part always been a big player financially as well. For some reason i think that Bush Jr. is not going to be in the will as much as his brothers will be when the Bush dynasty is split up.

George Bush Senior let's not forget has been around in the Government he was a president, cia director and an ambassador i would say he has had quite the career in government. You honeslty think GWB is making decisions though he is on vacation most of the time he just leaves it all up to Cheney and Rummy they do the thinking so he doesn't have to.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Last name's Crowley hummm AHA SHES A WITCH!

Probably wants war so she can put the bodys of all children who die as a result of the war into a large cauldron to siphon and eat their essence to make herself eternaly youthful.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

When was the last time Iran invaded a country? 20 years?

Bingo!!!!!!!

I am fascinated by the way that words are used and misused to bring the desirable effect.

I see Iran leader becoming the target of yet another reason to invade a sovereign country.

I fear Iran less that I fear NK, China and even Israel starting the end of times.

Then again. . . When was the last time that Iran attacked and invaded another country?

US went all across the ocean to do just that three years ago.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am fascinated by the way that words are used and misused to bring the desirable effect.
I see Iran leader becoming the target of yet another reason to invade a sovereign country.

Come on Marg....you know I luv ya
:, but what words are being misused?

What part of annihilate, wipe out, destroy, push into the sea, etc; are we misunderstanding? I see him becoming a target too.....because he wont shut his freaking mouth. If he would just SHUT UP he would have a lot more backing from around the world and even here in America.

But if you are going to stand in front of someone beating your chest and bragging about how you are going to kick their butt, dont be suprised when he hits you in the nose

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So what? That be like me asking whens the last time North Korean invaded another country in 50 years...even the South Koreans still view NK as a threat to them, not to mention we still have American personnel over there.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
marg6043

Iran did invade soverign territory in 1979. they invaded US embassy. They held our diplomats and other citizens for 444 days.

Does anyone really think Iran is researching nuclear power because they need energy? That is what iran had been saying until recently. Then another question is by letting Iran get the nuclear bomb does anyone here think they will not use it? Their president already has end times visions in which he is a central player in bringing forth the 12th imman. Wouldn't the US be negligent in letting a freak like that get nukes? If we shouldn't let Iran get the bomb how would you stop them?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Come on Marg....you know I luv ya
:, but what words are being misused?

He, he, Amuk you know that Iran is not the only country that has voice the destruction or annihilation of Israel.

What make Iran so special? well they are the desirable target now like Iraq was three years ago with their hidden MWDs.

If Israel is in such danger, let Israel attack Iran after all they are closer to each other than we are.

And Israel have plenty or weapons to deal with the bad mouthed Iran.

If we are to destroy every country that talks bad against US right now we will be invading the world.

Starting with Venezuela.

Amuk you know that going into war because we don't like how Our friends in Israel has been bad mouthed by Iran is just the dumbest thing a country can do.

By all means lets attack their nuclear plants or whatever, but don't tell me that loves has to die in a war with Iran because our present administration don't like how Iran talks about Israel.

BTW I love you too.

My husband just read that and now he is breathing on my neck

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68

No matter what the Bush Administration says to the public regarding Iran they still have to get the OK of congress before they can take any kind of hostile military action
and
I don't think congress would consent to military action in Iran--
at least not at this time.

One would think that congress would have a restraining influence
on what actions the BushAdministration would foist on the nation...
but............
Bush himself interpets the authority already granted by Congress,
to conduct the war-on-terror as carte blanc
to take whatever actions he deems necessary
as the 'wartime' Commader-In-Chief, against whatever enemy
during this ongoing & enlarging, war-on-terror.
~Iran has already been tagged as a Axis-of-Evil, terrorist government~

remember that Congress didn't stop the US from committing hostilities to Iran in 1953...

www.angelfire.com...

...By the summer of 1953, the British and American governments initiated a joint Anglo-American plan for the covert overthrow of Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh, the Prime Minister of Iran. The plan called Operation AJAX...

but Congress did try to 'wash our national hands' by enacting the
Algiers Accords, in part the public record states:
"The United States pledges that it is and from now on will be the policy of the United States not to intervene, directly or indirectly, politically or militarily, in Iran's internal affairs" ~ 19 January 1981

~? so...did the US create the conditions which have developed into the
impasse with Iran today?
~? if the free choices of the Iranian people in 1953 were not upended by the Anglo-American coup...would todays Iran resemble Turkey rather than an Axis-of-Evil, villanous, radical-Islamist State...as its portrayed to be in western media?

Democracy in Iran
~before and after the 1979 revolution~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to my reckoning, Iran is not breaking the Non-Proliferation-Treaty

Iran's President, when saber-rattling about Israel is specifically referring to the ZionistColonization of the Arabian Peninsula & the ?genocide?/forced removal of the indeginous Palestine peoples.

-> but a lot of writers and commentators would be out of a job if there wasn't an Iran...made into a situation...which only a 'thoroughly great' leader can bring to a peaceable resolution (or so they say)

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I still say we just threaten to nuke the entire planet unless everyone starts sharing and playing good.

If you can't share the pie I'm throwing it out the window!

Or for that matter how about this concept:
We peace loving people build them, any people who want to fight and kill, an entire coloney on the moon.
Once built they can all board ships and go, much like how England sent prisoners to Australia.

Once there they can form their own government and do whatever they want, eventually growing into a strong independent nation much like modern Australia, a country of beauty and good people!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Him SAYING he wants to wipe out Israel and him DOING it are MILES apart.

I guess you didnt understand the question......

If George Bush went on TV everynight saying what the Pres of Iran is saying would you say "ah shucks....old Georgie Boy is just blowing off some steam......hes only kidding??

Wait, a few years ago didnt Bush do just that, but refering to Iraq?
Oh wait, we attacked Iraq.

Guess when you go on TV and say something night after night you eventually get around to doing it eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
One would think that congress would have a restraining influence
on what actions the BushAdministration would foist on the nation...
but............
Bush himself interpets the authority already granted by Congress,
to conduct the war-on-terror as carte blanc
to take whatever actions he deems necessary
as the 'wartime' Commader-In-Chief, against whatever enemy
during this ongoing & enlarging, war-on-terror.

Wait, I saw this movie, except it was the Sith Lord that took over the senate, not Anakin...

All Hail The Sith Lord Cheney and his apprentice Darth Bush

Episode 3 is a direct parallel to the current American regeme

[edit on 19-4-2006 by mrjones]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join